August 01, 2014, 11:11:39 AM

Author Topic: Adobe Releases Lightroom 5  (Read 8678 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Adobe Releases Lightroom 5
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 12:11:55 AM »
No output sharpening applied on export is now listed as a bug in the release notes.

"Images exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings"

So far it does seem more responsive and I'm really liking the new radial filter and the option to see image sensor dust when using spot removal.

The images I used were less than 1/3 of their original size, (1568 on the long side, original was 5760) and it did not make any difference if it was LR4.5 or LR5, sharpening on export was fine.  The post mentioned 1920 pixels or less, so I tested it with less.

That "May Not" qualification is kinda ambiguous, it certainly does not happen to everyone, as my images show.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 12:11:55 AM »

Schultzie

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 12:43:00 AM »
No output sharpening applied on export is now listed as a bug in the release notes.

"Images exported at less than 1/3 of their original size may not retain Output Sharpening and Noise Reduction settings"

So far it does seem more responsive and I'm really liking the new radial filter and the option to see image sensor dust when using spot removal.

The images I used were less than 1/3 of their original size, (1568 on the long side, original was 5760) and it did not make any difference if it was LR4.5 or LR5, sharpening on export was fine.  The post mentioned 1920 pixels or less, so I tested it with less.

That "May Not" qualification is kinda ambiguous, it certainly does not happen to everyone, as my images show.

I tried it out and I wasn't getting any sharpening, so who knows.  Thankfully Adobe is aware of it and it'll get corrected fairly soon.
Canon 1DX | 35 1.4 L | 100 2.8 L | 70-200 2.8 L IS II

Canon-F1

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 08:00:20 AM »
well spokane did not notice the error... so all is fine and adobe and all who have an issue are wrong.  :-X

Thanks to all for your efforts in tracking down and reporting this issue. The bug was introduced via a late-in-the-cycle change to export performance and was unfortunately missed by our testing. We were able to reproduce the issue in-house, a bug was logged, and the fix will be in the next release.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:02:04 AM by Canon-F1 »
6D, 5D MK2, 7D, 550D... a lot of Glass.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 11:30:56 AM »
well spokane did not notice the error... so all is fine and adobe and all who have an issue are wrong.  :-X

Thanks to all for your efforts in tracking down and reporting this issue. The bug was introduced via a late-in-the-cycle change to export performance and was unfortunately missed by our testing. We were able to reproduce the issue in-house, a bug was logged, and the fix will be in the next release.

You seem to be putting words in my mouth, and trying to start a flame war.

I did not say there was not a issue or that those who had a issue were wrong, I said I do not believe everything I read, and tested it.  It did not happen for me, and I posted images.  Adobe noted that it may happen, which means that not everyone sees it.

There are many different workflows and obviously some combination of actions is causing it.  It may not be the most common way of operating, or it would have been caught.  It should not happen, of course.

RGomezPhotos

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • Ricardo Gomez Photography
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2013, 12:43:49 PM »
I would spend money on the vastly improved Healing tool by itself. Everything else is gravy...
EOS 5D MKII & 50D, Zeiss 50mm f1.4
www.ricardogomezphotography.com

dlleno

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 07:51:59 PM »
I would spend money on the vastly improved Healing tool by itself. Everything else is gravy...

+1 even better for upgrading 3 to 5!

eyeland

• Rebel T5i
  • Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...
    • View Profile
    • Creative Consulting & Multimedia artistry ;)
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 05:50:30 AM »
Performance does indeed seem a little snappier, but it's hard to quatify.
I am however experiencing some weird library problems, eg. sometimes when I use "b" to add a picture to quick-collection (while in full-screen mode) a number of pictures are added and not just the desired one.
Was doing my first testing while in transit, will look deeper into it when my jetlag lifts :)
5DIII+ML // 24-105L - 70-200 2.8L/2.8 IS II - 35/2 IS //\  AF/non-AF film bodies and lenses. (and half a darkroom in boxes:))

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 05:50:30 AM »

bycostello

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • London Weddings
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »
problems from what i see on another thread...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »