August 23, 2014, 01:24:51 PM

Author Topic: Yellowstone and Grand Tetons  (Read 708 times)

ray5

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Yellowstone and Grand Tetons
« on: August 06, 2014, 05:50:48 PM »
Been a while but finally got some time. Here are a few. The Grand Prismatic, The Tetons and in the Yellowstone park.Thanks,
Ray

scottkinfw

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • kasden.smug.com
Re: Yellowstone and Grand Tetons
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
Stunning shots Ray.
sek Cameras: 5D III, 5D II, EOS M  Lenses:  24-70 2.8 II IS, 24-105 f4L, 70-200 f4L IS, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, EF 300 f4L IS, EF 400 5.6L, 300 2.8 IS II, Samyang 14 mm 2.8 Flashes: 580 EX II600EX-RT X 2, ST-E3-RT
Plus lots of stuff that just didn't work for me

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 06:48:33 PM »
Been a while but finally got some time. Here are a few. The Grand Prismatic, The Tetons and in the Yellowstone park.Thanks,
Ray

Ray5, That first Image is a stunner, Love this place, trying to get back there this Winter, never been able to do Yellowstone in Winter.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ray5

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:53:18 PM »
Scottkinfw and eml58,
Thank you.
The Grand Prismatic is stunning. I don't think the camera captured it's true beauty. First day I tried to see it from an elevation it rained. Second day I returned, hiked up and was absolutely bowled over. Hiked down, went to my hotel, kicked the family out of bed and dragged them back up the hill. It would have been criminal not to have seen it for them( a 5 and a 10yr old plus wife).
The second is in the Tetons at the oxbow bend at sunrise just as the suns rays hit the peak. Sublime beauty.
As we drove around with hundreds of bisons I saw something moving in the river and as I drove closer saw this bison wading out. Grabbed the camera, ditched the car on the side and ran... got the shot I wanted as it walked out creating the ripples suggesting motion.
What a park! Something for everyone.
Winter would be amazing too. I have seen some extraordinary images of elk, bison and moose in the winter. Probably not for the weak hearted either with the climate then. With your skill and equipment I can't wait to see your images, Ed.
This was a once in a lifetime visit, something I had dreamt off for years.
My next wish is the Antelope canyons in Page, Arizona next year. Some wonderful images posted here from there recently.
Thanks for the kind words.
Ray

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Ray

Beautiful shots ray5. Nicely done.

Busted Knuckles

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 09:53:07 PM »
Lovely, was at the GTs last week in June.  The mom & cub bear shots were at the next left after the pullout for the oxbow - actually the junk of land where the river turns left in the oxbow pics.

My daughter didn't like the crowds in YS so we went exploring around some of the back roads and found some pretty cool site.  Several posted on my flickr site if you are interested. 

Mike

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77760916@N05/

ray5

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »
Lovely, was at the GTs last week in June.  The mom & cub bear shots were at the next left after the pullout for the oxbow - actually the junk of land where the river turns left in the oxbow pics.

My daughter didn't like the crowds in YS so we went exploring around some of the back roads and found some pretty cool site.  Several posted on my flickr site if you are interested. 

Mike

https://www.flickr.com/photos/77760916@N05/
Excellent shots, Mike.
The bear shots are amazing. What lens were you using for these shots? We were not lucky enough to see Grizzlies but had a long distance look at a black bear with two cubs in Yellowstone. As I mentioned my hope is to go to the slot canyons in Page,AZ . Some of your pictures look like are from there. Thanks for sharing.

ray5

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 10:51:59 AM »
Ray

Beautiful shots ray5. Nicely done.
Thanks Click!