Canon Rumors General > Site Information

Classified for Sell Section on CR

(1/5) > >>

lilmsmaggie:
I have been wanting to sell some of my Canon camera gear and thought about my options.  There's the usual suspects: eBay, Craigslist, other forums, etc. -- Other forums ???  Hey! this is a forum.  What better place than right here on CR.   8)

There needs to be buy-in, willing participants, rules, fees for listing, disclaimers - the usual stuff.  The fees can be used as a way to offset CR site management (well, maybe not) but maybe a little bit  ;D

So how about it  -- Can we make this happen or would this be an exercise in futility?

paul13walnut5:
A minefield.  Ebay take a hefty slice but at least there is some semblance of a comeback and protection, same with buying from a shop.. buying sight unseen from a user who could be anybody without buyer protection (or seller protection) not a great idea, let craigslist and the others have thea headaches. 

"Naw.." (are you scottish?) "...not interested".

tron:

--- Quote from: paul13walnut5 on June 14, 2013, 07:42:12 AM ---A minefield.  Ebay take a hefty slice but at least there is some semblance of a comeback and protection, same with buying from a shop.. buying sight unseen from a user who could be anybody without buyer protection (or seller protection) not a great idea, let craigslist and the others have thea headaches. 

--- End quote ---
+1 Unless the members know each other and/or can meet in person. In that case a PM is enough though...

Pi:
It works well at FM. There should be a rating system as well.

It is the responsibility of the buyer and the seller to check the posting history and the identity of the other side.

RLPhoto:
Works well on FM, Why not here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version