October 22, 2014, 06:53:49 PM

Author Topic: banning people for nothing at canon rumors  (Read 31823 times)

hamada

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: banning people for nothing at canon rumors
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 08:25:15 PM »
If you don't want to be the person who gets "easily" banned, don't be in the minds of the admins - we have better things to do than look for certains names to appear in discussions with high post counts! And, no matter if we get paid to do the job or not, it's the same amount of work!

mods seem to get their satisfaction on a different level, not from money.
that´s the problem Unfocused mentioned in this thread.
often they do it so they have power, "the last word".
even when it´s only power over a virtuell community.

and as we can see in real life... power corrupts and is abused.

So what you are saying is that the moderator is drunk with power and is abusing that power.....

please get real and don´t put words in my mouth.

it´s what i noticed with many mods, yes.
but i don´t know if it´s the case here.

yet you are still here and have not been sent off to the bit bucket... This is a paradox. If the moderator was abusing power and getting rid of those who displeased them, by pointing this out to the world it would have made you number one on the to-be-destroyed list.... yet here you are....

i am here, yes.
it´s the first time i come in touch with the admin and mods here.
i live in a linear timeline.... i don´t know what the future holds.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:32:06 PM by hamada »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 08:25:15 PM »

hamada

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 08:27:38 PM »
If you don't want to be the person who gets "easily" banned, don't be in the minds of the admins - we have better things to do than look for certains names to appear in discussions with high post counts! And, no matter if we get paid to do the job or not, it's the same amount of work!

Let it go.  I remember him too, and he was very offensive and I'm not crying that he's gone.  Sorry, but that's just the way he was and well, the admins got tired of it.  I cringed everytime I opened a thread where he last posted, and it was usually for good reason.

but looking at your posts you are no saint either.   ;)

anyway .. i said what i had to say.
i hope the admin gets in touch with me or canon-f1.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:38:12 PM by hamada »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 08:39:15 PM »
I'll admit that I don't remember the context, but I do recall Canon-F1 calling another poster a moron.  Obviously, the post was deleted by the mods.  Who knows, maybe the poster was one, but that doesn't make it acceptable to state that. 

I'm sure it isn't easy to moderate a (relatively) high-traffic forum like this.  The TDP forums in which I participate might get 5 posts on a busy day.  This board sometimes sees 5 posts a minute. 

Anyone who believes that the ability to delete a post or ban a member (when signing up with a new name is not exactly a challenge) is 'power' to be 'abused', has some odd definitions of those words.  Dare I say, no one is forcing anyone to participate here, so if you don't like it, you can simply stop visiting the forums.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »
civilised

Us North Americans find your uncivilized spelling of that word to be bollocks.  ;)

Keep calm and carry on...

Do you mean 'We' North Americans?  Don't bastardize the language we gave you.  ;)

How about we say that I meant US North Americans, so as not to include our neighbours to the north in that statement.  After all, CRguy is Canadian, and I wouldn't want to get banned for no good reason...   :o

hamada

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 08:45:37 PM »
when signing up with a new name is not exactly a challenge

well it is stupid to ban members, if only for this reason, not?

.  Dare I say, no one is forcing anyone to participate here, so if you don't like it, you can simply stop visiting the forums.

he did not want to stop participating in case you did not notice. :)
he was forced.

sure if you don´t like to be spied at by the NSA you can just go to canada.
well on second thought, it will not help.  ;D
so avoiding confrontation is not always a solution.

Anyone who believes that the ability to delete a post or ban a member (when signing up with a new name is not exactly a challenge) is 'power' to be 'abused', has some odd definitions of those words

i thought you work with human brains?  ;)
then you should know that it is maybe odd that people feel this way, but it´s a fact that they do.

why do you think that some retired people suddenly mutate into wannabe cops?
we have one here who reports any parking violation to the police. he has nothing to do all day then looking at the street. it gives him the feelling he is important.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 08:55:47 PM by hamada »

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 08:53:42 PM »
Well I'de agree being a Moderator on a Forum like this has got to be damn difficult, and pretty well Thankless.

I dont involve myself in any other Forum, I do here primarily because CR has some exceptionally talented Photographers, and damn smart technical Guys, who sometimes may be exceptionally talented Photographers, but perhaps not always.

Personally I've had a warning (Gasp), I mentioned the "DR D800" person in a humorous manner, problem was of course I'm Aussie, what we determine as Humour in Aus isn't always seen the same way in most the rest of the World, perhaps the exception being England/Scotland & Ireland, we're sort of Cousins so we tend know each others foibles.

At least the Owner/Administrator in this case has supplied the necessary means for Canon-F1 to contact him and perhaps review his Banning from the site, seems reasonable to me, I'm not going to comment on the Banning, I tend not to get to worked up about threads, if they get to the point of insults, it's time to take my Toys & go Home, trading insults on a Forum of any kind across thousands of Kilometres seems pointless, I'de rather go outside and take a Photo of a Squirrel.

I like this Forum and in General I think the Moderators do a pretty reasonable job, that view may change if they ban me, but quite honestly although I'de be disappointed, I'm sure I'll still sleep well at night, life will go on, I will still be able to read CR each morning and have a laugh, or learn something.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 08:55:59 PM »
civilised

Us North Americans find your uncivilized spelling of that word to be bollocks.  ;)

Do you mean 'We' North Americans?  Don't bastardize the language we gave you.  ;)

How about we say that I meant US North Americans, so as not to include our neighbours to the north in that statement.  After all, CRguy is Canadian, and I wouldn't want to get banned for no good reason...   :o

That's really very Funny

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 08:55:59 PM »

paul13walnut5

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 09:00:19 PM »
civilised

I thought it was only Americans that didn't do Geography, everybody knows where North America is, even if North Americans don't know where anything else is.

(Mods, please please please take this mild cultural stereotype / xenophobia / racism as a joke, if anybody has misunderstood my intentions and is offended, please be assured I am kidding, now back to my deep fried snickers bar, heroin and penny pinching)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2013, 09:07:25 PM »
I thought it was only Americans that didn't do Geography, everybody knows where North America is, even if North Americans don't know where anything else is.
Of course we do Geography.  You Europeans from the UK are the ones with geography problems.  Take Chris Columbus, for example, who produced the Harry Potter movies and also sailed the ocean blue and thought he'd landed in India. See, we do history good too just like we do english good.  ::)

I'de rather go outside and take a Photo of a Squirrel.
Been there. Done that.   ;)

EOS 1D X, EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM, 1/320 s, f/4, ISO 6400

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »
Now that you mention it canon-f1 had insulted me too. It was a thread about the possibility that a future 14-24 will accept filters.
Just because I said there is no such a lens I was attacked by both OP (I don't remember who he was) and canon-f1. The latter was very rude.
I answered to both of them and went on.

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:19 PM »
Now, that squirrel is the best post on this thread  :D

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2013, 09:20:09 PM »

Totally agree, and for some strange reason they look smarter than the ones we have, probably speak "American" though.

bdunbar79

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »

Let it go.  I remember him too, and he was very offensive and I'm not crying that he's gone.  Sorry, but that's just the way he was and well, the admins got tired of it.  I cringed everytime I opened a thread where he last posted, and it was usually for good reason.

but looking at your posts you are no saint either.   ;)

anyway .. i said what i had to say.
i hope the admin gets in touch with me or canon-f1.

Awww come on.  I never am a smarta##, ever.................. ::)
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2013, 09:25:31 PM »

Totally agree, and for some strange reason they look smarter than the ones we have, probably speak "American" though.

This, from someone who's loo flushes backwards. Sheesh.  ;)

paul13walnut5

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2013, 09:29:11 PM »
Of course we do Geography.  You Europeans from the UK are the ones with geography problems.  Take Chris Columbus, for example, who produced the Harry Potter movies and also sailed the ocean blue and thought he'd landed in India. See, we do history good too just like we do english good.  ::)

I'de rather go outside and take a Photo of a Squirrel.
Been there. Done that.   ;)

EOS 1D X, EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM, 1/320 s, f/4, ISO 6400

At least you didnae say English.  If theres wan thing we Scots hate mair than a Grey Squirrel it's been cried English. Oor Scottish Squirrels are ginger, like oor heids an oor drink.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2013, 09:29:11 PM »