October 24, 2014, 08:08:15 AM

Author Topic: banning people for nothing at canon rumors  (Read 31856 times)

EchoLocation

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: banning people for nothing at canon rumors
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2013, 02:30:08 AM »
maybe he called someone a moron once(is that really that wrong?)
Of course it is "that wrong" ::) ... one can disagree with everyone and everything in CR but one has to learn to be civil ... "Be Civil" is one of the rules of this forum ... read point 4 here http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=1442.0 ... we do not come to CR to be insulted by other members calling us names ... so of course it is wrong to call someone a moron ::)
Has anyone given any evidence to why he was banned besides just saying he was a "jerk" or he disagreed with people?
As it was clearly mentioned before, by the Admin, that if the banned person contacts the CR admin, the issue can be sorted out. But if the person who got banned has no interest in sorting out the issue, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to provide "evidence" to someone else.
but all too often this forum is just a bunch of people agreeing with each other, slapping each others backs, and generally just cheering on Canon...
Nothing wrong with that ... after all it is Canon Rumors not Nikon/Sony rumors ... so people will cheer for Canon ... fyi, CR has plenty of threads/posts where people disagree all the time, maybe you just don't notice it ... hint, the subject thread is one of the many ;)
When someone has a little edgier opinion, or might have a little less cordiality, they are often treated like some kind of criminal.
Nobody is treated like a criminal because they have "a little edgier opinion". But if someone feels victimized because they are supposedly "treated like some kind of criminal" they have the option of reporting to the admin/mods and they also have the option of not being here ::)
1st: i'm not saying calling someone a moron is right or OK, i'm just asking if calling someone a moron is grounds for being banned from the site? I don't think the forum should be filled with people insulting each other, but if someone throws out the word moron in an argument once I don't think that they should be forever banned(or even temporarily banned, maybe given a warning?) There is also a difference between saying "you are a moron" and saying "that statement is moronic"
2nd: while there is nothing wrong with people being huge cheerleaders of Canon here, there is also nothing wrong with people not being huge cheerleaders of Canon. This forum is called "canonrumors" not "canoncheerleaders"
If all I wanted was to read about how good Canon things are, i could just read the press releases. I come to sites like this to get a balanced opinion from all sides. Going back to my first point, often times people (especially some of this sites biggest users) are all too excited to belittle and insult people's intelligence for disagreeing with the consensus or criticizing things(as was stated much earlier in this thread.)
3rd: This squirrel thing is cute, but I think this thread is rather serious, and I haven't really seen many answers still as to why this person was banned. It seems like people just want to waste people's time rather than give constructive information or debate.
Canon EOS-M, 22mm f2, 11-22mm f4-5.6
Canon 550D, Sigma 50mm f1.4
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2013, 02:30:08 AM »

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2013, 02:46:13 AM »
maybe he called someone a moron once(is that really that wrong?)
Of course it is "that wrong" ::) ... one can disagree with everyone and everything in CR but one has to learn to be civil ... "Be Civil" is one of the rules of this forum ... read point 4 here http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=1442.0 ... we do not come to CR to be insulted by other members calling us names ... so of course it is wrong to call someone a moron ::)
Has anyone given any evidence to why he was banned besides just saying he was a "jerk" or he disagreed with people?
As it was clearly mentioned before, by the Admin, that if the banned person contacts the CR admin, the issue can be sorted out. But if the person who got banned has no interest in sorting out the issue, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to provide "evidence" to someone else.
but all too often this forum is just a bunch of people agreeing with each other, slapping each others backs, and generally just cheering on Canon...
Nothing wrong with that ... after all it is Canon Rumors not Nikon/Sony rumors ... so people will cheer for Canon ... fyi, CR has plenty of threads/posts where people disagree all the time, maybe you just don't notice it ... hint, the subject thread is one of the many ;)
When someone has a little edgier opinion, or might have a little less cordiality, they are often treated like some kind of criminal.
Nobody is treated like a criminal because they have "a little edgier opinion". But if someone feels victimized because they are supposedly "treated like some kind of criminal" they have the option of reporting to the admin/mods and they also have the option of not being here ::)
1st: i'm not saying calling someone a moron is right or OK, i'm just asking if calling someone a moron is grounds for being banned from the site? I don't think the forum should be filled with people insulting each other, but if someone throws out the word moron in an argument once I don't think that they should be forever banned(or even temporarily banned, maybe given a warning?) There is also a difference between saying "you are a moron" and saying "that statement is moronic"
2nd: while there is nothing wrong with people being huge cheerleaders of Canon here, there is also nothing wrong with people not being huge cheerleaders of Canon. This forum is called "canonrumors" not "canoncheerleaders"
If all I wanted was to read about how good Canon things are, i could just read the press releases. I come to sites like this to get a balanced opinion from all sides. Going back to my first point, often times people (especially some of this sites biggest users) are all too excited to belittle and insult people's intelligence for disagreeing with the consensus or criticizing things(as was stated much earlier in this thread.)
3rd: This squirrel thing is cute, but I think this thread is rather serious, and I haven't really seen many answers still as to why this person was banned. It seems like people just want to waste people's time rather than give constructive information or debate.
1. Do you seriously believe that Canon F1 was banned only because he called someone a Moron just once?

2. There is a lot of balanced opinion in CR ... in fact I found CR to have the most helpful members than any other forums I have seen/read ... there is nothing wrong if I appreciate (which you may refer to as "slapping each others backs") other forum members who help me out with various technical issues related to gear and/or photography.

3. I accept your view point regarding the Squirrel thing. But the mods/admin do not need to provide you and I with any answers as to why some member was banned, especially when the banned member is not interested in sorting out the issue with CR admin/mods. But if you have some evidence that Canon F1 was banned for no good reason, you should contact the CR admin and provide your evidence ... the onus of sorting out this issue clearly lies with Canon F1 or those who who are rooting for him by contacting the Admin (as the has already given his email ID and informed clearly to contact him instead of posting here).
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2013, 03:40:43 AM »
"This squirrel thing is cute,.... and I haven't really seen many answers still as to why this person was banned."

Obviously, it was because he didn't like squirrels ;D
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

yogi

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2013, 04:16:07 AM »
And he mentioned "We must know what we are talking about", I mean, everyone knows this thread has lost the Plot, and it's now about Squirrels, and Nut Zippers (sounds exceptionally painful), and who can Post the most bizarre Image of a Squirrel, and Criminals that Live upside down in a place called Downunder.

So pretty sure this might be a winner here, squirrel and a nut zipper all in one image.

Ouch! You seem to be amused at this msmith0807. I can only sympathize (or is it sympathiSe-im confused). Or is it empathize. Whatever, as a male i feel for the squirrel :o :'( :(

yogi

« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2013, 04:18:15 AM »
"This squirrel thing is cute,.... and I haven't really seen many answers still as to why this person was banned."

Obviously, it was because he didn't like squirrels ;D

The first idea that makes sense. Finally we know the reason. Thank-you.

Rienzphotoz

• Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2013, 05:10:26 AM »
So pretty sure this might be a winner here, squirrel and a nut zipper all in one image.
Ouch! and Yuck! That is horrible! :o :(
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

hamada

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »
MODs seem to have no problems that some turn this into an off topic fest.... well i won´t call it double standards.

canon-f1 informed he has registered a new account and will use that one from now on.
so the thread can be closed.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2013, 08:20:14 AM »

hamada

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2013, 08:29:57 AM »
You've asked the question, you've been answered by the site owner and another admin. I would suggest that now might be a good time to let the issue drop.  Unless, of course, you have another reason for pushing this issue.  For example, if you know Canon-F1 in the same way that Mikael Residal knows ankorwatt - i.e., you see him every time you look into a mirror.  I suppose the mods could deduce that from the IP addresses used, most forum software has the capability to show members that are likely to be the same person.

well your out of the air accusations just show that you propably deserved that he insulted you.
if he has... i have seen no evidence of that and it´s possible you are just a liar who makes such things up.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2013, 09:05:49 AM »
You've asked the question, you've been answered by the site owner and another admin. I would suggest that now might be a good time to let the issue drop.  Unless, of course, you have another reason for pushing this issue.  For example, if you know Canon-F1 in the same way that Mikael Residal knows ankorwatt - i.e., you see him every time you look into a mirror.  I suppose the mods could deduce that from the IP addresses used, most forum software has the capability to show members that are likely to be the same person.

well your out of the air accusations just show that you propably deserved that he insulted you.
if he has... i have seen no evidence of that and it´s possible you are just a liar who makes such things up.

1) To use your own words, please get real and don´t put words in my mouth.  I did not state Canon-F1 had insulted me, personally, but that I have observed him insulting others.  That statement was independently corroborated.

2) Your statement above, I do consider to be an insult.  Initially, I was joking about you and Canon-F1 being the same person. Now, I wonder...  Time will tell, and I'm sure the mods will take appropriate action, if necessary.

As for 'out of air accusations', how would you feel if, hypothetically, I called you, "Not the brightest bulb?" 

First, there has to be an EF14-24 !!!
you are not the brightest bulb around here are you? :)

Interestingly, that particular example of an insulting post by Canon-F1 occurred in a thread which you started. Coincidence???
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

paul13walnut5

« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2013, 02:16:19 PM »
One more off off topic comment and then i am quitting for the night: Ausatralia looks like a cool place to visit, but there are too many dangerous critters there for me. Here in the US, we have our killer squirrels, but there you have crocs, snakes, spiders, kangeroos?. Did I leave anything out emi?

It's the redback spiders that scare me, a fatal wee bite on the bum when you are doing your business.
It's not so much the fatal bite, as we've all got to go someway, somehow, as the being found dead on the pan.

yogi

« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »
One more off off topic comment and then i am quitting for the night: Ausatralia looks like a cool place to visit, but there are too many dangerous critters there for me. Here in the US, we have our killer squirrels, but there you have crocs, snakes, spiders, kangeroos?. Did I leave anything out emi?

It's the redback spiders that scare me, a fatal wee bite on the bum when you are doing your business.
It's not so much the fatal bite, as we've all got to go someway, somehow, as the being found dead on the pan.

Not a pleasant way to go-or to be found!

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2013, 03:32:44 PM »

What frightens me the most is the sight of an irate Scotsman waving a claymore and wearing a kilt  ;)

I'm suitably corrected on the clan tartan. It's amazing what you learn on CR !

Don Haines

• Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2013, 05:25:53 PM »

As for 'out of air accusations', how would you feel if, hypothetically, I called you, "Not the brightest bulb?" 

And don't forget "braindead fantasy freaks who believe in miracles", "you know nothing", "some people are just so naïve", "i wonder how you guys survive in the real world", "if your serious then i not only pity your taste but wonder about how you can ignore the technical flaws in the composit", "i have problems getting what you brabble about", "yeah thanks for that crap looking example", "even when i take my glasses of it still looks like a bad composit... that is hard to achive", "yeah well that is why you PAY a professionell photographer. what a moron", "do we have MODS here who move such threads or are they just deleting threads where MODS get corrected and they look stupid?", "we all take crap pictures like you",  "reading your first sentence and then the rest of your stuff.... it crossed my mind if you are a bit schizophrenic", "next time think about what you write for a second", "well your mother knows not much about photographer that´s for sure", "yeah if your IQ is at 2 digits", "fuk you canon", "stick it where the sun don´t shine", "your posting is bullshit", "if you use your fanboy brain on your third posting here, you might get it", "what do you know?", and the grand finale....

"and especially why this topic is still active in a forum where topics should be about RUMORS.. i mean why do we have MODS here?", "suck my balls"......

There seems to be a pattern.......are you still wondering why the author of this "wisdom" got banned?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:33:00 PM by Don Haines »
The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2013, 05:25:53 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2013, 05:41:10 PM »
Please pass the Popcorn ;)

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »
^^

Thanks for taking the time to condense those quotes Don.

It's because of CR's absence of this kind of inane bull***t that I, and I'm sure many others choose CR to follow and post on. So many other forums are full of this kind of crap; let's keep it off here.

The overall standard of CR would suggest the admin and mods are doing a good job.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »