August 30, 2014, 02:30:26 PM

Author Topic: banning people for nothing at canon rumors  (Read 29864 times)

Hobby Shooter

Re: banning people for nothing at canon rumors
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2013, 04:10:02 AM »
Thanks Guys for a couple days of genuine entertainment, not only are there talented Photographers and Technicians on this site, but there's some very Funny People here as well.

Canon-F1 excluded form all three categories goes without saying, except I just said it, well, wrote it.

I'm not sure I could have said it better, in fact, I'm sure I couldn't, have.

We have opposing weather conditions, been Raining Squirrels here in Jakarta for the last week, but I Fly away from it all tomorrow, Tanzania 4 weeks, Iceland 2 weeks, and my Baby, 200-400, I'm going to miss CR.
I hope you will have a great time and capture some nice images. Too bad you couldn't come by Sweden this time. Take care!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2013, 04:10:02 AM »

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 17, 2013, 04:25:48 AM »
I Fly away from it all tomorrow, Tanzania 4 weeks, Iceland 2 weeks, and my Baby, 200-400
Lucky you! ... wish you all the best for your trip, do share some photos once you come back ... but no more of them rude Squirrels please, seen enough nuts to last a life time, especially the horrible one with the poor fella hanging by his unmentionables  :o ... so I wish you all the best for some awesome images in Tanzania ... Perjalanan Yang Aman.

Terimah Kasi Banyak Pak
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

eml58

• 1D X
  • 1Dx
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2013, 04:28:28 AM »

[/quote]
I hope you will have a great time and capture some nice images. Too bad you couldn't come by Sweden this time. Take care!
[/quote]

Thanks & I hope to get to Sweden soon, enjoy being Home.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2013, 04:50:00 AM »

[/quote]

Thanks & I hope to get to Sweden soon, enjoy being Home.
[/quote]
Yes, it's quite different, nobody had told me it was so cold here  ;)

That Indonesia trip is definitely on my mind also for the future.

Cheers
J

itsnotmeyouknow

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2013, 07:28:53 AM »
This thread makes me think of this what the duck cartoon strip:

WTD1403 by itsmeitisss, on Flickr

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2013, 08:25:02 AM »
^^^  ;D  ;D  ;D Good one.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »
MODs seem to have no problems that some turn this into an off topic fest.... well i won´t call it double standards.

canon-f1 informed he has registered a new account and will use that one from now on.
so the thread can be closed.

To sum up this particular instance of a banning: "and nothing of value was lost" . . . seems to be the sentiment.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
He was warned and suspended numerous times, and persisted in his unacceptable behavior.

The decision to ban an established member is never made lightly, it is usually after discussion between mods.  He earned his ban 110%. In fact, he probably should have been banned earlier.

Dissent and disagreement is half the fun, you'll never get banned for that.  Name calling, and disrespecting other users, inciting flame wars, will.  It adds nothing to the discussion, and is generally counterproductive.

yogi

« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2013, 04:16:10 PM »
Quote from Neruo: "As for 'out of air accusations', how would you feel if, hypothetically, I called you, "Not the brightest bulb?" 

Is this a way to skirt censoring & bans?  Preface all insults with "hypothetically" ?  ;D Just kidding mods. Dont want to be banned for 10 days again, which btw i deserved it imo. :-*
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:50:56 PM by yogi »

yogi

« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2013, 07:39:38 PM »
This thread makes me think of this what the duck cartoon strip:

WTD1403 by itsmeitisss, on Flickr

Very funny. Wasnt aware of that comic strip. In my case, not "win an argument", just spending much time on CR, when i have other things i should be doing. Oh, who cares if the lawn is not mowed (the neighborhood ass ociation). :'(

hamada

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 18, 2013, 10:18:44 AM »
Quote from Neruo: "As for 'out of air accusations', how would you feel if, hypothetically, I called you, "Not the brightest bulb?" 

i would maybe say "get a life and don´t spend half your life on internet forums. you can´t be that bright either".

;D

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:47 AM »
Hypothetically...   ::)
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

ahab1372

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2013, 12:19:35 PM »

i would maybe say "get a life and don´t spend half your life on internet forums. you can´t be that bright either".

;D
Exactly that's the point of the ban. I, and I suppose that is true for most users here, prefer not to have to read that kind of posts. It's too tiring and pointless.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2013, 12:19:35 PM »

CarlTN

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »
I received a ban a couple of months ago.  In my opinion, it is really up to the mood of the moderator.  If they want to ban you...they will warn you of course...but then if you post anything at all after that, it gets hyperfocused on by them...because well...they are in the mood to ban you.

This forum seems pretty much like all human-moderated forums.  The playing field is not level, and certain members receive more perks and lattitude.  That's true of all such forums of course.  These members will make snide remarks, and if you respond in kind...you will get banned...if the mod wants to ban you.  It's all very juvenile and click-ish like junior high school (or perhaps prison), but that's a forum for ya.

The internet is almost identical to a video game.  Sometimes you just want to shoot what you see on the screen.  The more you shoot, the more points you get.  Personally I outgrew video games by about age 15.  But these days, it seems there is a generation who is so narcissistic that they will never grow up.  And they expect you to be happy about that, and to bow to their whims and their willful ignorance of the people and world around them.  I guess that's why so many college grads these days aren't getting hired to do the type of work they expect.  They feel so entitled that they will never learn the meaning of respect, and are happy to tap away at their iPhones even during a job interview...Why?  Well, it's because they are the most important generation in the history of the world.  Haven't you heard?  That's how their parents and the current culture raised them.  It's time for change.

unfocused

• View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »
...This forum seems pretty much like all human-moderated forums.  The playing field is not level, and certain members receive more perks and latitude.  That's true of all such forums of course.  These members will make snide remarks, and if you respond in kind...you will get banned...if the mod wants to ban you.  It's all very juvenile and click-ish like junior high school (or perhaps prison), but that's a forum for ya...

Very well put. Personally I find some of the sarcastic, snide comments that the "popular kids" use to goad some of the less sophisticated users more objectionable than the outright insults. Especially when those being picked on are from outside the English speaking world and may not understand certain nuances of language and behavior.

I actually think "banning" someone is itself kind of childish and needs to be reserved for extreme cases. There are a certain percentage of participants that are clearly social misfits with obsessive tendencies. The rest of the community has a certain responsibility not to feed their compulsions, even if it might be entertaining at times to try to do so.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2013, 01:49:59 PM »