April 19, 2014, 02:31:07 PM

Author Topic: banning people for nothing at canon rumors  (Read 22407 times)

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: banning people for nothing at canon rumors
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2013, 04:16:38 AM »
I just want to read about Canon cameras and photography. My monthly magazines contain no controversial material. I don't like it when a thread goes on and on, and it has nothing to do with Canon cameras.  Facebook and Twitter are great places for stuff that people feel strongly about. Fortunately, this is not Twitter or Facebook. And I don't want to read about anybody's personal problems. Just about somebody's personal experiences with Canon cameras. Not about their vendettas against Canon Inc, or other people.

On with the show. Still waiting for DIII's to drop to Christmas prices. I am going to have to spend money someday.
That's ironic ... you say you "don't like it when a thread goes on and on, and it has nothing to do with Canon cameras" and you "don't  want to read about anybody's personal problems" etc yet you seem to have taken the time to read this thread (at lest some of the posts) and also took the time to comment on it ;D ... its ok if someone posts something against Canon Inc or a particular camera (which you might call "vendettas"), or their "personal problems" no big deal, let them say what they want, it helps us understand others and in the process learn about what is and what isn't. Even monthly magazines have certain pages which do not interest us and we don't read them ... we have the same option here. ;)
Peace

Well said Rienzphotoz!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2013, 04:16:38 AM »

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 21, 2013, 12:40:44 PM »
If a certain poster is posting things that you don't want to read, add him to your ignore list.  That's a better option than flaming and drawing a warning or ban.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=15495.0

J.R.

• 1D X
  • A Speedlight Junkie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2013, 12:49:03 PM »
If a certain poster is posting things that you don't want to read, add him to your ignore list.  That's a better option than flaming and drawing a warning or ban.

Have some changes been made to the "ignore list" module? I tried that in the past and it ignored the posts by the offending poster to the extent that the forum page told you that such-and-such poster had made a comment. You could go ahead and read the comment by clicking something.

I used this previously and was surprised at my own behavior. Whenever I found that some user I had "ignored" had posted something, I just had to read it regardless of whether it concerned me or not.

Maybe I would have  grown into it if I had ignored more than just a couple of posters but TBH, I'm no longer using it.
Light is language!

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »

Have some changes been made to the "ignore list" module? I tried that in the past and it ignored the posts by the offending poster to the extent that the forum page told you that such-and-such poster had made a comment. You could go ahead and read the comment by clicking something.

I used this previously and was surprised at my own behavior. Whenever I found that some user I had "ignored" had posted something, I just had to read it regardless of whether it concerned me or not.

Maybe I would have  grown into it if I had ignored more than just a couple of posters but TBH, I'm no longer using it.

I think that you can over ride your ignore comment, so if you can't resist clicking to see it, it will be of no value.

CarlTN

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 21, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »

Wise advice.

Rienzphotoz

• 1D X
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2013, 01:23:11 PM »

Did not know it could be done ... nice to know ... thanks
Canon 5DMK3 70D G1X | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 24-70OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | Metabones EF adapter | GoPro Black 3+ | DJI Quadcopter | Manfrotto+Gorilap

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #185 on: June 21, 2013, 01:23:11 PM »