September 02, 2014, 01:59:30 AM

Author Topic: Abandoned at the Alter, Again  (Read 10163 times)

catherder

Abandoned at the Alter, Again
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:55:58 AM »
Wow! Just couldn't tear myself away from the Canon website as they introduced one new DSLR after another for real photographers. Oh, sorry. That was Sony.

Once again, we've been led to the alter, only to be abandoned there.

Makes you feel like Charlie Brown in the Halloween special where everyone gets candy and when he checks his bag, he has a rock.

But, for no sustainable reason, I am optimistic that when Canon finally gives us candy instead of rocks, it will be sweet. Was hoping we wouldn't have to wait until Halloween for it. Trick or Treat! We'll see.

canon rumors FORUM

Abandoned at the Alter, Again
« on: August 24, 2011, 07:55:58 AM »

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoned at the Alter, Again
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »
Wow! Just couldn't tear myself away from the Canon website as they introduced one new DSLR after another for real photographers. Oh, sorry. That was Sony.

Makes you feel like Charlie Brown in the Halloween special where everyone gets candy and when he checks his bag, he has a rock.

But, for no sustainable reason, I am optimistic that when Canon finally gives us candy instead of rocks, it will be sweet. Was hoping we wouldn't have to wait until Halloween for it. Trick or Treat! We'll see.

Why start a new thread?
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php/topic,1522.0.html
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

EYEONE

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:45:28 AM »

::) You people are really trying my patience.
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

-zero-

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »

then go to sony

catherder

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:14:36 AM »
Yet, drawn like a moth to the flame, you Nobel laureates insist on perpetuating the thread with, I am sure not the first time, valueless diatribe.

UncleFester

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 12:07:35 PM »

Just more bells and whistles for the gear hounds/ not necessarily photographers.

beardofzeus

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 04:23:07 PM »
Just more bells and whistles for the gear hounds/ not necessarily photographers.

THIS.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 04:23:07 PM »

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 11:05:36 PM »
You know, it's NOT like canon promised to deliver an announcement and delayed the announcement... Its more like waiting for a proposal rather than being jilted at the alter... Maybe if your a nicer girlfriend and do what you are supposed to do, your boyfriend will want to be a fiancee...  I'll let you connect the dots there....
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

JimKarczewski

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 12:01:06 AM »
I don't care what Canon does, I just want them to get their s*it together.    There was an article I saw from JUNE where the HEAD OF CANON said DSLR production is at the same level pre-earthquake, so why there hell are there no 1D's anywhere to be found?    I need to upgrade, BADLY.  A 5DII is not a sports camera and that's currently what I am stuck shooting with.   I'm not spending thousands on rentals that I can't recoup the cost of, since I string for a paper.. so I need some solution, buying a 1D is it, but good luck finding one from a reputable dealer.

-zero-

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 12:13:56 AM »
I don't care what Canon does, I just want them to get their s*it together.    There was an article I saw from JUNE where the HEAD OF CANON said DSLR production is at the same level pre-earthquake, so why there hell are there no 1D's anywhere to be found?    I need to upgrade, BADLY.  A 5DII is not a sports camera and that's currently what I am stuck shooting with.   I'm not spending thousands on rentals that I can't recoup the cost of, since I string for a paper.. so I need some solution, buying a 1D is it, but good luck finding one from a reputable dealer.

good luck finding a flagship camera anywhere in a store but if you are really interested in purchasing one, try this link:

http://www.canonrumors.com/cameras/canon-rumors-price-watch/

most of these reputable online stores have the 1D IV in stock at the moment

EYEONE

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 12:22:58 AM »

Oh my! How does anyone shoot sports without a update to the 1DIV?!

Oh, right they just use the 1DIV.

It's as if everyone's cameras have just stopped taking pictures, or have some sort of fast approaching expiration date that will cause the camera to explode and you must must must upgrade.
I love new gear as much as the next guy but I have the ability to tell when I actually need something and when I just have lust for new gear.
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

UncleFester

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 02:39:29 AM »

Get a 7d. It's not a 5DII but nor is the 1D.

BTW, I saw at least 2  credentialed photographers at the 2011 Burton US Open with 5DIIs.

Edwin Herdman

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 02:45:21 AM »
BTW, I saw at least 2  credentialed photographers at the 2011 Burton US Open with 5DIIs.
I bet they actually shot with their iPhones.

To the OP:  Good for Sony, good for everybody.  So what if Canon hasn't released their stuff yet?  The only people leading you on this rollercoaster are us...and the site is called Canon Rumors, not Word of God / Plan Your Purchases Here.

And good on Sony for finally adding a few lenses to their rather small collection.  Maybe they're serious about filling some of the gaps.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 02:45:21 AM »

JimKarczewski

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 03:31:11 AM »

Oh my! How does anyone shoot sports without a update to the 1DIV?!

Oh, right they just use the 1DIV.

It's as if everyone's cameras have just stopped taking pictures, or have some sort of fast approaching expiration date that will cause the camera to explode and you must must must upgrade.
I love new gear as much as the next guy but I have the ability to tell when I actually need something and when I just have lust for new gear.

Did you even read my post or just SKIM it?  You can NOT find a 1DIV ANYWHERE.  I don't care if it's a 1DIV or a 1DV just get some cameras in stock somewhere.   

And for those who mentioned the 7D, I'm tempted, but... really need the voice annotation on the 1D as well...  Shooting football without it and trying to remember who gained how many yards on what down is a pain in the a$$ without it.

UncleFester

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 03:33:43 AM »
I bet they actually shot with their iPhones.

To the OP:  Good for Sony, good for everybody.  So what if Canon hasn't released their stuff yet?  The only people leading you on this rollercoaster are us...and the site is called Canon Rumors, not Word of God / Plan Your Purchases Here.

And good on Sony for finally adding a few lenses to their rather small collection.  Maybe they're serious about filling some of the gaps.

_MG_3838 by MarkF675, on Flickr

Nope. They used their 5Ds

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 03:33:43 AM »