Canon Rumors General > Site Information

NOTICE!! Members with no posts or logins being purged.

(1/11) > >>

CR Backup Admin:
We are cleaning out spammer accounts, 99.9% of them are inactive, but occasionally come to life.

Some members who signed up over 45 days ago but never logged in again may get caught up.  The account can be recreated, nothing is lost, since nothing was posted and no one logged in.  We had robots signing up thousands of new accounts each day, and intend to remove as many as possible.

As long as you log in once a month, or if you have at least one post, you will not be affected.

This will be happening slowly over several weeks.

Paramike:
Hi

Has this been done to any existing members as well? I have been rather quiet lately and appear to have had my login details deleted. My previous username was paramike. Is there any way of reinstating this?

Cheers.

OmarSV11:
I'm alive! I'm alive!  :o

djrocks66:
I just re registered my same name so no worries. :)

CR Backup Admin:

--- Quote from: mikef80 on June 30, 2013, 05:21:35 AM ---Hi

Has this been done to any existing members as well? I have been rather quiet lately and appear to have had my login details deleted. My previous username was paramike. Is there any way of reinstating this?

Cheers.

--- End quote ---

Try signing up with the same name.

Only those with no posts who had not logged in for 45 days or longer were removed.  They can signup again with the same user name.  Some who had not logged in for over 6 months were also removed.

A astounding number of spammers was removed, and I'm very sorry that some valid accounts got removed with them.  Almost 300,000 accounts went away, 99.99% spammers being signed up by robots at the rate of hundreds or even thousands a day.

Our current signup scheme makes it difficult but not impossible for robots to signup, since they can be programmed to find our code.  For that reason, I keep tabs on new members, and occasionally change the code as well as how its shown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version