September 18, 2014, 10:05:35 PM

Author Topic: 1D X Product Advisory  (Read 25157 times)

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: 1D X Product Advisory
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2013, 07:29:12 AM »
I called my local service shop today and asked if they have started taking them in or if it's only in the US still, and he said, just send it in, will fix them as we get them now.

So for anyone who wants it fixed, send an email, they might be on it in your country as well.
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2013, 07:29:12 AM »

AmbientLight

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2013, 08:44:19 AM »
I really wondered about this as I first read regarding the product advisory on this forum, then I checked with Canon's local (in my case Swiss) website and there I found it as well, so I registered my camera. There was no communication from CPS and there was no mail response to the registration, but then:

Surprise, surprise, Canon's local service called me today, so I will have it fixed by Thursday  ;D.

That's not so bad, but it would help, if Canon would be more proactive regarding corporate communications. I don't tend to spend my time regularly searching through Canon's website for news and updates. Thanks to CR for spreading the information.

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2013, 10:11:25 AM »
I get mines back tomorrow :-) i asked them what happened they told me the modification was complete so lets hope it comes back with a clean sensor and still properly weather sealed.

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
I get mines back tomorrow :-) i asked them what happened they told me the modification was complete so lets hope it comes back with a clean sensor and still properly weather sealed.

I would really appreciate if you would share any findings regarding oil drops on the sensor, and hopefully it's clean. I'm sending mine in on monday, so I can get it back between weekends.

Studio1930

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Studio 1930
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »

I would really appreciate if you would share any findings regarding oil drops on the sensor, and hopefully it's clean. I'm sending mine in on monday, so I can get it back between weekends.

Keep in mind that it may have none on the sensor until you shoot some high speed shots.  That is what happened to my 1DsM3.  Also curios to find out how this goes for others with the 1DX.
-Darrin
Studio 1930
www.studio1930.com

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2013, 09:13:28 PM »

I really think you are far too worried about the oil drops. It is out of your hands, and even if a few of us have an issue (which I doubt will happen) what are you going to do? Worry about other things, and have confidence in Canon, don't spend so much time worrying about something you cannot control.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 04:39:36 AM »

i will check it out thoroughly and i had a clean sensor when i sent to them as i cleaned it myself :-) i will give it a good run at 12fps and get back to you all later today :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 04:39:36 AM »

Studio1930

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Studio 1930
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2013, 08:45:20 AM »

I really think you are far too worried about the oil drops. It is out of your hands, and even if a few of us have an issue (which I doubt will happen) what are you going to do? Worry about other things, and have confidence in Canon, don't spend so much time worrying about something you cannot control.

Hahaha, obviously you never had an issue with excessive oil from Canon before.  The 1DsM3 oil issue threw so much oil around that everything was covered with oil, sometimes including your attached lens (not something you can clean yourself)!  Having to send a body back in to Canon cost time and money so I think it is worth being concerned about.  I don't think we should avoid having the fix done by Canon, but I am concerned about having my body come back clean until I shoot high speed and it throws over 1000 drops of oil everywhere.  Given that consideration, I'll only send in my 1DX when I have the most down time.  I'll also make sure my backup 1Dm4 body is clean and ready to be used full time.

You call it worried, I call it prepared.
-Darrin
Studio 1930
www.studio1930.com

cookinghusband

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2013, 09:48:10 AM »
Problem started occuring on mine after using it a week and approx 50000 shots, it become totally unbearable when I get to about 130000 shots. Luckily I send it in and repaired before this notice

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »
Got mines back today, receipt says mirror box modification and repaired faulty/damaged parts lube hook.I gave it a good run at 12fps with no issues sensors spotless :-)

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2013, 02:14:17 PM »
Sent both of mine in today, but they needed a good clean and check anyways.  Probably have them back early next week.
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

Viggo

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2013, 02:34:03 PM »
Got mines back today, receipt says mirror box modification and repaired faulty/damaged parts lube hook.I gave it a good run at 12fps with no issues sensors spotless :-)

Nice! That's great news! Glad it worked out for you. Mine is going in Monday and I'll update my experience here.

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »
Hahaha, obviously you never had an issue with excessive oil from Canon before.  The 1DsM3 oil issue threw so much oil around that everything was covered with oil, sometimes including your attached lens (not something you can clean yourself)!  Having to send a body back in to Canon cost time and money so I think it is worth being concerned about.  I don't think we should avoid having the fix done by Canon, but I am concerned about having my body come back clean until I shoot high speed and it throws over 1000 drops of oil everywhere.  Given that consideration, I'll only send in my 1DX when I have the most down time.  I'll also make sure my backup 1Dm4 body is clean and ready to be used full time.

Being prepared is good, and you are right I have never had an issue with Canon.

I guess I am lucky in that I do not send my camera in for repair, I take it in and pick it up personally, and thanks to the warnings here I will make sure I stick it in high speed mode and hold the shutter button down before I leave - just to make sure there are no issues ;).

Like you, I am also prepared, and if Canon wants to keep it for a week or a month, it really does not bother me, though of course I would prefer it back asap. As it is, they say they need it for 3 working days, so I should be taking it in next week or the week after.
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »

bdunbar79

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2013, 08:55:55 PM »

You shot high speed mode with the 1Ds3?  Does that even have "high burst mode?"  LOL
2 x 1DX
Big Ten, GLIAC, NCAC

Raptors

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
Problem started occuring on mine after using it a week and approx 50000 shots, it become totally unbearable when I get to about 130000 shots. Luckily I send it in and repaired before this notice

cookinghusband, the problem you stated, are you referring to the AF searches but does not lock in on the subject?
I've had mine for about 6 months, and I started having problems about a month ago, shooting the OVA provincials.
I thought it was just the very poor lighting, but I recently just shot a wedding, and once again, had problems. I have not received any notice from Canon Canada. I spoke with CPS, and was told to wait. :(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »