November 22, 2014, 07:06:48 PM

Author Topic: 5d Mkii - How to remove user copyright info - WITHOUT EOS UTILITY!!  (Read 2037 times)

CameraMan

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Got a 5d Mkii - replaced with 6d - Looking to sell the 5d.
USB on the 5d seems to have failed. Tried 3 Win 7x64 machines, different leads, never shows up. Sometimes when you plug the USB into camera, it shows "BUSY" on top LCD,  (as I would expect) but only briefly, and with no result. Annoying as I've hardly used the USB, only to calibrate the lenses.

Anyways - How can I remove my name from the usercopyright field?
I put the name in with "EOS Utility software"
The "Delete copyright information" option in the menus is always grayed out. (Why?)
Tried "Clear camera settings" and removing both batteries etc - still showing on Lightroom import.

Any thoughts....
Ta

canon rumors FORUM

CameraMan

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Re: 5d Mkii - How to remove user copyright info - WITHOUT EOS UTILITY!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 01:29:44 PM »
Ignore this  - sorted it -  turned out to be some quirk in Lightroom on import  - metadata settings. Deleted all those and problem solved. Odd that it should be this (remembering my name here)  as on upgrading to LR5 all my import settings / defaults for presets on import/file renaming got lost.

rs

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
It's great to hear you fixed it. For future reference, or for anyone else that stumbles across this issue, it can be cleared in camera: In the menu, go to the 7th tab (the picture of the spanner with 3 dots next to it), and select 'Clear settings'. Under that menu, select 'Delete copyright information'.
5D II | 24-70 II | 70-200 II | 100L | 40 | Sigma 50/1.4 | 40D | 10-22 | 17-55 | 580 EX II | 1.4x TC II

Jim Saunders

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »
A program called EOSinfo can be used to change the data in the camera.  It'll get shutter counts too.

Jim
See what I see: 6500K, 160 cd/m^2, ICC 2, gamma 2.2.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »