July 23, 2014, 10:13:58 AM

Author Topic: 5d Mkii - How to remove user copyright info - WITHOUT EOS UTILITY!!  (Read 1832 times)

CameraMan

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Got a 5d Mkii - replaced with 6d - Looking to sell the 5d.
USB on the 5d seems to have failed. Tried 3 Win 7x64 machines, different leads, never shows up. Sometimes when you plug the USB into camera, it shows "BUSY" on top LCD,  (as I would expect) but only briefly, and with no result. Annoying as I've hardly used the USB, only to calibrate the lenses.

Anyways - How can I remove my name from the usercopyright field?
I put the name in with "EOS Utility software"
The "Delete copyright information" option in the menus is always grayed out. (Why?)
Tried "Clear camera settings" and removing both batteries etc - still showing on Lightroom import.

Any thoughts....
Ta

canon rumors FORUM

CameraMan

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Re: 5d Mkii - How to remove user copyright info - WITHOUT EOS UTILITY!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 01:29:44 PM »
Ignore this  - sorted it -  turned out to be some quirk in Lightroom on import  - metadata settings. Deleted all those and problem solved. Odd that it should be this (remembering my name here)  as on upgrading to LR5 all my import settings / defaults for presets on import/file renaming got lost.

rs

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
It's great to hear you fixed it. For future reference, or for anyone else that stumbles across this issue, it can be cleared in camera: In the menu, go to the 7th tab (the picture of the spanner with 3 dots next to it), and select 'Clear settings'. Under that menu, select 'Delete copyright information'.
5D II | 24-70 II | 70-200 II | 100L | 40 | Sigma 50/1.4 | 40D | 10-22 | 17-55 | 580 EX II | 1.4x TC II

Jim Saunders

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »
A program called EOSinfo can be used to change the data in the camera.  It'll get shutter counts too.

Jim
I'd probably do better to invest more time and less money.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »