April 23, 2014, 03:38:07 AM

Author Topic: Advice needed on plan to buy a EOS 1D Mk ii, or iii  (Read 3362 times)

al-toidz photography

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Advice needed on plan to buy a EOS 1D Mk ii, or iii
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
First of all, you need to remember that by the end of the day, these are just equipments. I have both 1D mark III and 1Ds mark III, they serve diff purposes. As other have mentioned, 1d are good in terms of sports and wildlife while the 1ds is good in terms of studio photos, on location portrait session and landscape/architechtural photos. However, both are outdated with their ISO capabilities which the 5d mark III shines.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »

jonathan7007

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 02:29:14 AM »
Interesting and timely thread for me as I am debating which body is next. I have 1DsMk3 and 5DMk3 bodies. My work has a mix of needs, but no sports or birds, wildlife. Events, yes, architecture, real estate, hospitalty, portraits. I like to use lights. So I have a vision of two of each, so when I go to anything I can put two of the same bodies on me so the control features are the same during that session. I pick the kind of body the assignment calls for. I know Canon might throw a monkey wrench into the works by tempting me later this year with some new body, but that's the working plan.

Good to hear others' ideas/suggestions about the contribution and capabilities of older tech.

Yes, I am always aware of 1DsMk3's ISO limits but the other stuff is sweet. Got the 1Ds in late February so feel I am still getting to know what it can and can't do. I love the solidity and its shutter sound. It just feels like a real camera. But to be sober about the realities of "gear" this 1d may have a slightly flaky USB circuit board. So multiple bodies are a must. Best to have two of each in case one fails.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 02:29:14 AM »