July 31, 2014, 07:02:35 PM

Author Topic: REVISED W/ CONTRACT INFO Is this a fair offer for an on location job?  (Read 6456 times)

Ripley

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
Re: REVISED W/ CONTRACT INFO Is this a fair offer for an on location job?
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »
Well, what happened?    :)

I went out with my best gear... I shot from the fringes of the action because I didn't have anything that was even close to being consider period specific, and most of my photos were... ehhh... meh... ok... good... but not anything that I would really fight tooth and nail for. 

Part of it was shooting from the fringes... the other part is that it is really difficult to recreate the sense that you might die during a reenactment.  Heck... no blood, no guts, it just simply was a tough venue when you weren't embedded in the action. 

There were some shots the other team members got that were WOW (as viewed on a 3inch lcd screen), but I didn't even see any compelling images that warranted being captured. 

So there I was... having a GREAT time... getting paid a little, getting treated much better than the paying patrons, getting free water, free potato chips, free peanut butter crackers, primo shooting from the fringes, and chit chatting a great group of guys. 

Honestly... I got a great experience out of it... and the publisher got about 1000 photos using pro levlel gear, but that were ok.  It painted a picture of the battle, but not of the depth of emotion and feeling. 

Oh... and I got primo parking and rides on a golf cart to/from wherever I wanted on the battlefield. 

So I had fun and I'd do it again... but I'd make a stop at ye old goodwill and see if I could find something that was period specific so I could get up close to the action.

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.
5Diii | 24-70L ii | 70-200L ii | 600EX-RT x 2 | ST-E3-RT

canon rumors FORUM

Re: REVISED W/ CONTRACT INFO Is this a fair offer for an on location job?
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »