November 28, 2014, 11:11:58 AM

Author Topic: Advice on a new body  (Read 928 times)

birds_and_bugs

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Advice on a new body
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:14:06 AM »
Hi

Going to try to keep it short and simple.

I currently have a T2i which I use with a 70-300 (non L) lens to shoot birds and a 100 macro (non L) to shot bugs. I've got a 400 5.6 on the way for birds and other wildlife in general and am in the market for a 15-85 as a new "walk around lens".

I feel like I need a new body, particularly for the rear dial - I'm shooting macro in full manual and need to be able to change my aperture and shutter speed more easily (the T2i only has one dial).

For both birds and bugs I find myself always wanting to bump up my ISO to allow me to take shots at faster shutter speeds but, well, "noise".

I'm debating at the moment between a 7d, a 60d or the theoretical 70d.

Now I know people always say "don't wait for something that doesn't exists...", but, I live in Africa at the moment so I probably won't be buying until after the 70d arrives. Even if it's just a fancy 60d with a new autofocus, is that going to be better for me than a 7d?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Also, I shoot video VERY rarely. My camera is for taking pictures. I have yet to think to myself "oh, man I wish I had a flip-screen".

Thanks,

d

canon rumors FORUM

Advice on a new body
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:14:06 AM »

Jim Saunders

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on a new body
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »
A 40D might keep you until the next generation of bodies arrive, and give you a chance to learn to use the added controls.  Among the new choices there are no doubt better opinions to come.

Jim
See what I see: 6500K, 160 cd/m^2, ICC 2, gamma 2.2.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Advice on a new body
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »