April 25, 2014, 02:15:49 AM

Author Topic: Advice on a new body  (Read 811 times)

birds_and_bugs

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Advice on a new body
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:14:06 AM »
Hi

Going to try to keep it short and simple.

I currently have a T2i which I use with a 70-300 (non L) lens to shoot birds and a 100 macro (non L) to shot bugs. I've got a 400 5.6 on the way for birds and other wildlife in general and am in the market for a 15-85 as a new "walk around lens".

I feel like I need a new body, particularly for the rear dial - I'm shooting macro in full manual and need to be able to change my aperture and shutter speed more easily (the T2i only has one dial).

For both birds and bugs I find myself always wanting to bump up my ISO to allow me to take shots at faster shutter speeds but, well, "noise".

I'm debating at the moment between a 7d, a 60d or the theoretical 70d.

Now I know people always say "don't wait for something that doesn't exists...", but, I live in Africa at the moment so I probably won't be buying until after the 70d arrives. Even if it's just a fancy 60d with a new autofocus, is that going to be better for me than a 7d?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Also, I shoot video VERY rarely. My camera is for taking pictures. I have yet to think to myself "oh, man I wish I had a flip-screen".

Thanks,

d

canon rumors FORUM

Advice on a new body
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:14:06 AM »

Jim Saunders

• 6D
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on a new body
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »
A 40D might keep you until the next generation of bodies arrive, and give you a chance to learn to use the added controls.  Among the new choices there are no doubt better opinions to come.

Jim
I'd probably do better to invest more time and less money.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Advice on a new body
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »