Using single-spot af, in the centre.
- ef-m 22/2: moderate improvement - a bit sluggish still.
- 100/2.8 macro L IS: major improvement - a little bit worse than the 22mm pancake (unless af misses, but that's the nature of macros)
- 70-200/4 L IS: good improvement - I'm indoors in poor light so can't check it at large distances.
- 24-105/4 L IS: Good (haven't tried it on firmware 1) - around the same as the pancake.
- 17-55/2.8 IS: good improvement - faster than the 24-105. If I refocus on the same spot, it confirms in like 0.2sec.
Generally the lenses are getting af in under 1 second. If you refocus on the same spot, generally under 0.5s. The 17-55/2.8 is the fastest in the list above so far.
I'm finding accuracy seems to be down a bit though (sometime it thinks it's got focus when it hasn't). Servo is still really bad. The improvements don't really seem to have helped it (or may it was just that terrible before anyway).
Overall, a so-so improvement to the ef-m pancake lens and large improvements to ef lenses. I like it seems to 'fail fast' now - no hunting, hunting, hunting and finally failing.
Much better. The ef lenses feel usable instead of feeling like a novelty.