December 20, 2014, 12:26:34 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS 70D Spec List [CR3]  (Read 80505 times)

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
Re: Canon EOS 70D Spec List
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2013, 01:54:04 AM »
This will bring down the price of 7D drastically.  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2013, 01:54:04 AM »

firebreatherboy

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2013, 01:57:58 AM »
that tells me that the next 7D will be a significant update.  Maybe even similar to 1Dx af system and build quality.

pj1974

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • A selection of my photos (copyright)
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2013, 02:15:25 AM »
where is the pic?

DMCA/copyright/takedown notice?

I doubt it. CR did post a very large version though. so maybe hot linking was an issue, even though it shouldn't be as it is not that hard to defend against.

It is still up at photorumors.com and I have a copy too, as do a few people here, I am sure. :-)

I did a print of the picture - yes it was quite an impressive (and what I could tell... authentic).

Hopefully we'll actually have the 'real deal'  Canon 70D out soon.

PJ
I'm not a brand-fanatic. What I do appreciate is using my 7D and 350D cameras along with a host of lenses & many accessories to capture quality photos, and share with friends.

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2013, 02:44:28 AM »
I may be alone here, but the deal killer for me is if it only comes with one custom user setting.  Here's hoping it has 3.
If you have pro needs you should afford a pro camera.

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2013, 02:59:23 AM »
I may be alone here, but the deal killer for me is if it only comes with one custom user setting.  Here's hoping it has 3.

Not every pro have "pro" money especially for pro photographers in some parts of the world.  Don't treat all pro photographers like they're coming from US or UK where minimum wage is much higher than for example some countries in Asia. 

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2013, 03:13:21 AM »

Not every pro have "pro" money especially for pro photographers in some parts of the world.  Don't treat all pro photographers like they're coming from US or UK where minimum wage is much higher than for example some countries in Asia.
I think you would know that I have lived in Cambodia up until just a few weeks ago. Now back in Sweden though. Some statements regarding products are quite arrogant and contributes to setting the wrong expectations on products, if they would include all features in all models then there wouldn't be different models right? With cameras and other tech being 20-35% cheaper in many countries in Asia I would say that a large chunk of the difference is already wiped out. I've bought all my stuff in Cambodia as it is 30-35% cheaper than in Sweden, a few stores there import themselves from Singapore.

Maybe I overreacted on this post though and for that I apologize.  :-[

whothafunk

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2013, 03:22:38 AM »
I'm pretty sure 70D did not inherit 7D's AF, just because 7D has a dedicated processor just for the AF + Dual Digic4 processors. Dedicated processors is what makes 7D's, 5DIII's and 1D's series AF so splendid.

Here's a quote from POTN on this matter

The AF systems in these cameras have their own, dedicated processors that are completely separate from the chips that are handling image processing. So when comparing the theoretical AF performance of the 7D to the new 70D, you are not comparing a single Digic5+ to a pair of 4s. You are comparing the processing power that the 5+ devotes to AF (rather than processing image data, sending files to the memory card, calculating exposure, monitoring battery levels, running noise reduction algorithms, etc.) to the processing power of a single chip that is clearly older and outdated but is doing AF calculations and nothing else.
Canon 7D Mark II -- Canon 70D -- Canon 8-15L f4 Fisheye USM -- Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS USM II -- Canon 17-55 f2.8 IS USM

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2013, 03:22:38 AM »

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2013, 03:24:18 AM »

I think you would know that I have lived in Cambodia up until just a few weeks ago. Now back in Sweden though. Some statements regarding products are quite arrogant and contributes to setting the wrong expectations on products, if they would include all features in all models then there wouldn't be different models right? With cameras and other tech being 20-35% cheaper in many countries in Asia I would say that a large chunk of the difference is already wiped out. I've bought all my stuff in Cambodia as it is 30-35% cheaper than in Sweden, a few stores there import themselves from Singapore.

:D  Me too.  I just accused you right away.  Sorry.  I'm just tired of people bragging about their equipment.  Well, I too bought my equipment mostly here in Malaysia since it's cheaper than buying it at home.

Well, Nikon D7100 got U2 and U1 aside from 58 AF points.  :)  I think comparing 70D to it seems fair.  I just hope Canon's sensor manages to at least be competitive with new sensors from other companies such as Sony.  I'm still waiting for that "breakthrough".  I hope this is it.  Looking at the SL1, its sensor is just the same thing as that with 18MPs.  I hope 70D's sensor is  better.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:32:30 AM by verysimplejason »

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2013, 03:32:17 AM »

:D  Me too.  I just accused you right away.  Sorry.  I'm just tired of people bragging about their equipment.  Well, I too bought my equipment mostly here in Malaysia since it's cheaper than buying it at home.
Making up now  :D

I would never brag about equipment, what is there to brag about... I wouldn't even brag about taking a good picture if I managed to do that someday.

I did buy my 60D three years ago att KLCC and also there it was a great difference to the prices in Sweden. I found the prices in Phnom Penh being consistently lower than even in Hong Kong. At least in those shops where they import themselves, in the official Canon dealer on the main street it's close to Swedish prices though. That's where the rich Khmer goes to show off their money buying the most expensive stuff.

Anecdote: the PM's nephew bought a Hasselblad a couple of years ago, it was rumored to be in the 20k range. As far as I know he never used it.

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2013, 03:37:11 AM »
Well, I too bought my equipment mostly here in Malaysia since it's cheaper than buying it at home.

Another expat? Where are you from verysimplejason.

BTW, I have to state that while some in Europe and the US do have very impressive camera collections, there are some countries in Asia which put them to shame. I am often at events where some pros that are new (maybe flew in from overseas especially for whatever it is we are covering) will quietly ask me, who the ++++ are these guys, pointing at some of the local pros with lenses far too big for the event they are covering. Is funny really. The last major international event I was at, I was chatting to one local when there was a lull in the match and I asked him which AF case he was using. We both had exactly the same gear 1DX with 400 f/2.8 ii. Oh boy, did I wish I had not asked that question! He had no idea what I was talking about and even walked him through his menu right to the spot. I could tell from his face he had no idea what it was.

Anyway, I think I have gone slightly off topic. Sorry. But let's stop talking about prices in Sweden - everyone knows it is one of the most expensive places in the world!  ::)  ;D

It's Friday, are the pubs open yet?!  8) :D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:40:46 AM by expatinasia »
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

dgatwood

• 1D Mark IV
  • 300D, 400D, 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2013, 03:44:11 AM »
These specs sound nice.  Very similar to the current 7D.  I look forward to seeing the specs for the 7D MkII.
I still prefer GPS over Wi-Fi, but beggars can't be choosers.  Maybe Eye-Fi will come out with a GPS in an SD Card some day.  :)

Eye-Fi will almost certainly never come out with true GPS.  There is neither room for the chip nor the antenna inside an SD card, nor does the SD spec allow you to draw enough power to do GPS and much of anything else at the same time.

Looks like I've just lost interest in the 70D.  I was going to buy one instantly if it were a crop body with GPS.  No GPS, no interest.  Looks like I'll be shooting yet another Europe trip with my venerable XTi.

whothafunk

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2013, 03:48:51 AM »
I really don't see all the hassle regarding GPS. I think it's useless. GPS is useful in cars and mobile phones if you're lost, but geo-tagging? Couldn't care less and certainly will not be a deal maker or breaker.
Canon 7D Mark II -- Canon 70D -- Canon 8-15L f4 Fisheye USM -- Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS USM II -- Canon 17-55 f2.8 IS USM

Pandypix

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2013, 04:00:05 AM »
So release date will be advised soon now all I have to is how many $$$$ too many and I will have to start my buy list again.  :'( :'(
Jill
70D + a few lenses (500D up for sale hubby said it had to go too much clutter)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2013, 04:00:05 AM »

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2013, 04:02:23 AM »
I really don't see all the hassle regarding GPS. I think it's useless. GPS is useful in cars and mobile phones if you're lost, but geo-tagging? Couldn't care less and certainly will not be a deal maker or breaker.

When you've been on holiday, come home and upload geo-tagged photos into Lightroom 4 or similar, then you will understand.

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2013, 04:07:56 AM »
Well, I too bought my equipment mostly here in Malaysia since it's cheaper than buying it at home.

Another expat? Where are you from verysimplejason.

BTW, I have to state that while some in Europe and the US do have very impressive camera collections, there are some countries in Asia which put them to shame. I am often at events where some pros that are new (maybe flew in from overseas especially for whatever it is we are covering) will quietly ask me, who the ++++ are these guys, pointing at some of the local pros with lenses far too big for the event they are covering. Is funny really. The last major international event I was at, I was chatting to one local when there was a lull in the match and I asked him which AF case he was using. We both had exactly the same gear 1DX with 400 f/2.8 ii. Oh boy, did I wish I had not asked that question! He had no idea what I was talking about and even walked him through his menu right to the spot. I could tell from his face he had no idea what it was.

Anyway, I think I have gone slightly off topic. Sorry. But let's stop talking about prices in Sweden - everyone knows it is one of the most expensive places in the world!  ::)  ;D

It's Friday, are the pubs open yet?!  8) :D
Ok no more about that  ::)

Oh you mentioned the pub, that's another thing that's super expensive here. What was I thinking moving back?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2013, 04:07:56 AM »