August 21, 2014, 02:39:02 AM

Author Topic: Canon 70D Reaction  (Read 21609 times)

DarkKnightNine

• EOS M2
  • The best camera is the one that's with you.
    • View Profile
    • Marven Payne Creative Visuals
Re: Canon 70D Reaction
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
I would agree that this guy should have just waited for the camera to be put in the hands of real photographers in everyday use before jumping to conclusions, but the performance of companies of late hasn't been all that spectacular and Canon is not exempt from that judgment. Look at new products like the Xbox One. It seems like these large companies are driven more and more by profit than innovation.

I for one am hoping Canon proves this guy wrong, but if I am to be totally honest, my expectations for any large company these days are fairly low. Canon the ball is in your court. Shut the naysayers up.... PLEASE!
Canon 1DX, Canon 5D Mark III, EF 85mm F1.2L II USM, EF 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM, 600EX-RT Speedlites, Profoto Studio Strobes, and a whole lot of boat load of light modifiers.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »

Old Sarge

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2013, 10:50:19 AM »
Made the mistake of watching about a minute and a half of this vitriol.  Wish I hadn't.  At my age I don't have that much time to waste.  I'll wait for a review from a photographer.  (Even then, I am primarily interested in the 7DII if and when.
The Old Sarge

DarkKnightNine

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »
First of all how can anyone take this guy seriously when he can't even give any constructive criticism without swearing. I seriously stopped the video after 20 secs. We haven't even seen sample images yet and this guy is already complaining about it. Freaking trolls man, trolls...

What's the difference between "freakin" and "f*ckin"? If you are going to substitute, you might as well use the real thing. That's like people who mistakenly think margarine is better for their body than real butter. By the time your body processes all the imitation garbage that is in margarine, it would be better to have just eaten real butter and exercise accordingly. Using foul language doesn't distract from a point and using substitute words in place of them doesn't validate yours.

The problem isn't his language but his premature judging of a product that isn't even out yet. Canon may introduce new sensor technology that nullifies all of his arguments about noise. That and only that is his only mistake IMO.
Canon 1DX, Canon 5D Mark III, EF 85mm F1.2L II USM, EF 100mm F2.8L IS USM Macro, EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM, EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM, 600EX-RT Speedlites, Profoto Studio Strobes, and a whole lot of boat load of light modifiers.

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »
My Problems with the Canon 70D

What's wrong with you?

He's been watching Canon bring out "new" cameras and is realising that Canon just deliver warmed up vomit each time a new camera is announced.

Love it. Haven't watched the video and won't either. But from the looks of the guy I think he should grow up and move from his parents' house and start making his own money. Be a man. Then maybe he will have a more mature view on things.

DarkKnightNine

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »
Why is such fowl language trash allowed on this site ?

There is no insight/experience or information in this video ? He reads the spec and curses ?
Free speech, even foul language should be permitted; however, appropriate warnings should be given that such language is used.

Foul language is a sign of those without proper education. They cannot make an impact with normal vocabulary, so they resort to cursing. It speaks volume about the speaker and less about the message. I'm unswayed but a curse-filled rant than I might have been with an educated discussion.

Steve Jobs cursed all the time and yet some people thought he was a genius.  ::)

I don't get how you people equate the use or non-usage of foul language as a representation of a person's intelligence. I know people who sound like very eloquent idiots. They use large words to sound intelligent but have absolutely no substance in what they are saying.

stefsan

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »
I don't get how you people equate the use or non-usage of foul language as a representation of a person's intelligence. I know people who sound like very eloquent idiots. They use large words to sound intelligent but have absolutely no substance in what they are saying.

How very true  ;)
EOS 7D; EOS 40D; EF 70-200 f4 L; EF 70-300 L; EF 100 f2.8; EF-S 15-85; EF-S 10-22 | http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefsan/
http://stefsan.smugmug.com

symmar22

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »
C'mon people it's just one more bored kid who who wants to get some fame, he probably does not even own a camera. The web is full of that kind of stuff, it doesn't mean anything at all. I watched the video for my own education, I mainly ended being sorry for him.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2013, 11:48:59 AM »

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »
Everyone has their own rights to their own opinions... He has the right to overract and be a hater, we have the right to believe he's an idiot... case closed. 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

unfocused

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Unfocused: A photo website
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »
...My point is that the past is usually a good indicator to the future.  Canon likes to recycle its tech for generations.  Nikon, Fuji, etc., have surged ahead with their APS-C cameras...

This statement doesn't seem to have much relationship to reality. In which generation of XXD cameras did Canon recycle its tech? 20D to 30D I guess, but certainly not the 30D to 40D, 40D to 50D, or 50D to 60D. How about XD cameras? I can't find any 1D or 5D generation that shared the same sensor tech as the previous generation. Are you aware of one?

How exactly have Nikon, Fuji etc. "surged ahead" with their APS-C cameras? Nikon seems to be cramming more megapixels into the sensors they are using, but it comes at a price in noise at higher ISOs.  Canon's nearly four-year-old 18mp sensor still competes very well. Fuji is doing some interesting things, but again, we are talking marginal improvements rather than surging ahead.

A more accurate statement would be that after nearly four years, competitors have finally started to catch up to Canon.
pictures sharp. life not so much. www.unfocusedmg.com

Niki

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 01:59:36 PM »
i like this camera will wait till it's out to test...

Aglet

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 02:19:11 PM »
A more accurate statement would be that after nearly four years, competitors have finally started to catch up to Canon.

Perhaps more accurate still is that the competitors, especially Sony and their sensors as partnered with Nikon, Pentax and Fuji, have significantly OUTPACED Canon's development in the last 5 yrs.

Canon's DSLRs have provided very good performance, especially at higher ISO since they implemented their CMOS sensor WAY back.  However, since the intro of Nikon's D90 about 5 yrs ago, the competition has steadily improved low iso read performance (& hi iso to a perhaps lesser extent) to such a level that Canon now has an obvious handicap in the fixed pattern noise department.

Whether or not you find this an issue for your own work is not the point, it's just a fact.  I'd like a replacement for my 7d that I can also press into high DR landscape use with fewer limitations.

I'm eager to see if Canon has pulled at least the ears of a rabbit out of a hat with the 70D.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »
Everyone has their own rights to their own opinions... He has the right to overract and be a hater, we have the right to believe he's an idiot... case closed.

Can we still HOPE they'll sell their gear and move to Nikon, and presumably, Nikon forums.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

UrbanImages

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 06:28:19 PM »
This kid is a tool. Camera hasn't been launched yet, at least hate after you have one in your hands!!!
5D III, 5D IIx2.... 24-70L, 70-200L II, 70-300L, 35-350L, 17-40L, 28-135, 50-1.4, 85-1.8, 40-2.8, 100-2.8 Macro, Sigma 15 Fisheye... 600 EX, 580 EX IIx3, 430 EX II and a bunch of other toys...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 06:28:19 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 06:51:02 PM »
ok , is it you or the camera who takes pretty good pictures?
can I send out a 1dx to take good pictures ?

I'd have to say both.  In the past few days, I've been outside shooting snowy egrets and tricolor herons in flight from/over water, closeup shots at a significant distance from land. I've also shot an indoor gymnastics exhibition, fast moving gymnasts in a dimly-lit gymnasium where flash was not permitted. Usable shots from an iPhone in those situations?  No.  Maybe if I was shooting a simple sunset, the iPhone would do just fine...
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

ahab1372

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »
I hope this does not turn into another "it's the photographer not the gear" discussion  :o
You probably just jinxed us! :P
You might be right.  ;D We'll see how long it goes this time ...

BTW, personally I'm a "It's the whole package" kind of guy...its the gear, its the photographer, its the lighting...its everything put together. You can't really have any one without all the others. Doh...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »