October 22, 2014, 12:07:53 PM

Author Topic: Deal: EOS 5D Mark III & EOS 6D Bundles from B&H Photo  (Read 18372 times)

eskimojo

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Re: Deal: EOS 5D Mark III & EOS 6D Bundles from B&H Photo
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »
This is looking like a very nice deal... although I'm reading the fine print on the rebate form and saw this:

"Offer does not apply to purchases of refurbished or used products nor for eligible products packaged together and sold for one price."

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it seems like it wont apply to either the 6D or 5DMKIII deals since they are all packaged together and sold as one price.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 05:10:41 PM »

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »
What caught my eye was "offer ends SEP 30 '13" ....... gives a bit of breathing room, if it really lasts that long.

The mail-in rebate is good until Sept. The kit price (at least for the 6d) is only good until Jul6th so you got only hours, really ;)

No doubt there will be another sale around Labor Day.  Just beware of buying anything during October and April, as the big New York stores close for two weeks or so at these times.  A pity these are also some of the best months for photography!

canon23

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 05:26:55 PM »
This is looking like a very nice deal... although I'm reading the fine print on the rebate form and saw this:

"Offer does not apply to purchases of refurbished or used products nor for eligible products packaged together and sold for one price."

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it seems like it wont apply to either the 6D or 5DMKIII deals since they are all packaged together and sold as one price.

I think the "products packaged together and sold for one price" might refer to kits package...eg. 5D Mark III w/24-105mm lens.
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, II, Sigma 35 1.4 DG, 24-70 f/2.8 II, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 50 1.8 , Speedlite 430EX, YN 568 EX II

cr316892

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 05:34:28 PM »
It's actually $2399 once you check out. ;)
Yeah, I had just added it to my cart, and didn't log in and proceed to check out.

The B&H website doesn't even instruct you to proceed to check out to see the discounted price.

It seems kind of weird that they wouldn't just show you the discount when you add it to your cart.

Not complaining, though.

These deals should be clarified, because some people cannot see the price reduction right away (until they go to the cart checkout). Yeah, I know. Some people can't read. LOL
You're talking to someone who hasn't read a manual for anything in more than twenty years.  :P

entlassen

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »
I know that you get a -$200 discount at the end of the checkout process, but where exactly does it come from?  I don't see it listed anywhere on the product pages.

Also, does anybody know how easy it is to resell the printer on ebay?

jhaces

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 05:41:49 PM »

I also believe the AMEX discount card won't apply. I'm not US-based so I wasn't counting on it (nor the B&H 2% back) when I pulled the trigger, though. Still a pretty good deal, I think, even after S&H and customs and import fees and everything. Much cheaper than buying through a licensed vendor in Mexico.

I know that you get a -$200 discount at the end of the checkout process, but where exactly does it come from?  I don't see it listed anywhere on the product pages.

Also, does anybody know how easy it is to resell the printer on ebay?

Probably comes out of the goodness of BH's heart  ::)  As for the printers, I see quite a lot of them on ebay for super cheap prices (as low as $90) so I don't think it'll be that easy to sell, TBH.

shores11

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 05:50:38 PM »

This has me worried as well.  Thanks for the heads up!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 05:50:38 PM »

nda

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 09:16:04 PM »
Deal like this make me sad and make Canon Australia look like an absolute joke.

+1000
canon stuff...

dilbert

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 10:57:00 PM »
Mail-in rebates?! WTF?!

Instant rebates or nothing.

dilbert

• View Profile
B&H $400 rebate scam
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 11:02:16 PM »
Mail in rebates are effectively you loaning the company you are buying the equipment from the rebate money.

So all of you buying a 6D or 5DIII and looking forward to that $400 extra, well what you've done is said "Here, B&H, you can have $400 of mine for free!"

Mail-in rebates typically have a specific window of time during which you must remember to mail in the barcodes (or whatever) or you don't get your rebate. Then it can take a year or more to receive the rebate.

From the time you pull the trigger until the time you get the rebate, you have effectively loaned B&H $400 for free.

Mail in rebates are a scam and should be avoided like the plague.

macreviewzonline

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
ERROR Re: Deal: EOS 5D Mark III & EOS 6D Bundles from B&H Photo
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 12:46:01 AM »
HAHA...epic FAIL !!! ;D ;D ;D

2599-400 = 2199.

And cart is down for the next 22 hours as always with these guys...What's up with that?? :P :P :P

1999 KIT JUST TOO GOOD to be true, obviously!!...  :-[ :-[ :-[

probably an error during checkout that gets fixed quickly by the staff at B&H....

2200 bucks for a 6D Kit is still spectacular - though the mail in hassle  and the inability to resell this later (mail in destroys box, haha) will detract  the greedy resellers and package splitters...HAHAHHA!!! :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:49:16 AM by macreviewzonline »

tmensonides

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2013, 01:21:04 AM »
Wow, this looks to be a very interesting deal...w/the 5D Mark III.  This is a camera I'd interested in getting to use as my primary and my current 5D Mark II as the secondary.  As I've never purchased camera gears w/rebates, does anyone know what kind/type of rebate is this in the form of (Amex gift card?).  Also, anyone currently using the Pro-100?  What are your thoughts on this printer?  Also do you use the printer for other jobs aside from photos?

I'm using a Pro 100 and so far the results in my opinion have been incredible.  I did some tests against prints from Millers and think it is darn close and better some situations.   It also is super nice to be able to knock a great print out when you come home with something you are super happy with...no delay!!!  Seeing how good the pro 100 I'm stocked to eventually get my hands on a pro 1 or pro 10 at some point...they have to be great!

As to the other comment about a long rebate wait...I've done two with canon and had my rebate cards within 3-4 weeks both times. 

Might bite on this....looks good!

pp77

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2013, 02:02:52 AM »
It makes me sad to see an offer like this. In Europe we pay at least $ 2.100 for the 6D body ONLY, and we never get offers like this. Sadly the offer is only valid for the US only, this kit would still be much cheaper including shipping, handling and duties than what their charge us here.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2013, 02:02:52 AM »

Rienzphotoz

• Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2013, 06:50:05 AM »
Mail-in rebates?! WTF?!

Instant rebates or nothing.
+1
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

pato

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2013, 06:56:35 AM »
It makes me sad to see an offer like this. In Europe we pay at least $ 2.100 for the 6D body ONLY, and we never get offers like this. Sadly the offer is only valid for the US only, this kit would still be much cheaper including shipping, handling and duties than what their charge us here.
This is actually not fully true. We just had (and still have) a cash back offer here in Switzerland for several lenses and bodies. The 6D was sadly not with cashback. Also there is currently a "bring your old camera for a cashback for your new canon" rebate. Sadly also not such a good deal as this one here from B&H Photo.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2013, 06:56:35 AM »