May 22, 2018, 02:43:10 AM

Author Topic: Copenhangen Trip Advice  (Read 13336 times)

kaihp

• EOS 5DS R
Re: Copenhangen Trip Advice
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 09:25:01 AM »
The mermaid (lille havefru) may be a must see but I´m not that impressed.

In my opinion, the statue of The Little Mermaid (of H.C. Andersen Fairytales fame) is highly overrated. Most get quite disappointed when they see it.

Edit: spelling.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:38:29 AM by kaihp »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 09:25:01 AM »

Yeye

• Canonflex
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 09:28:18 AM »
I have to agree with the others that you should walk around Nyhavn and Christiania. They are great places but there are also a lot of old houses that you can snap.

Valvebounce

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Doing my best to get all of this to work together.
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »
Hi kaihp
You said
"Christiania is another classic, but be careful about the camera in Pusher Street."

Why, does it jump out take you picture and refuse to let you pass 'til you purchase a copy?  ;D
Or are there more sinister uses of the images based on the name of the street?   :-\

Cheers Graham.
Graham,

Well, the 'locals' will most likely attack you, beat you senseless and destroy your camera and everything else you have of value. Even the police don't go there less than 15-20 persons at a time, in full riot gear.

Google around!

Hi, for some reason, possibly because I live in suposedly the most watched country in Europe, I assumed it was a fixed CCTV type camera to which you referred and not ones own gear. Doh! On re reading after reading your reply I could see my error, oh well thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers Graham.

7DII+Grip, 1DsIII, 7D+Grip, 40D+Grip, EF 24-105 f4L EF-S 17-85, EF-S 10-22, EF 70-200 f2.8 L IS II, EF 1.4xIII, 2xIII, EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6l IS II, Σ17-70 f2.8-4 C, EF 50mm f1.8, YN600EX-RT, YN-E3-RT, Filters, Remotes, Macro tubes, Tripods, heads etc!

1DsIII, 20D, 24-105, 17-85, Nifty 50 pre owned

meadowfresh

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 10:58:17 AM »
Hi again guys, I have another question about bags this time.

I am going to purchase the camera this weekend and have been thinking about getting another camera bag. A sling type this time. I am after something which doesn't scream camera bag... so far the only two I have seen so far are the Thinktank Retrospective range and the Nat Geo ones. I have always liked the Thinktank ones, but the lack of a zip on the inside annoys me. I am just wondering what everyone else thinks of them and if it would be ok for traveling and going on planes etc. If someone has some personal experience with them it would be great to hear!

kaihp

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 05:32:08 AM »

I am going to purchase the camera this weekend and have been thinking about getting another camera bag. A sling type this time. I am after something which doesn't scream camera bag... so far the only two I have seen so far are the Thinktank Retrospective range and the Nat Geo ones. I have always liked the Thinktank ones, but the lack of a zip on the inside annoys me. I am just wondering what everyone else thinks of them and if it would be ok for traveling and going on planes etc. If someone has some personal experience with them it would be great to hear!

I purchased a Retrospective 30 last fall before going chasing National Parks in Utah and Arizona. It comfortably holds 2 bodies (5D3, 50D), 70-200/2.8, 24-70, 17-40, and bunches of small accessories (memory cards, batteries, C-POL's) and by 580EX + 1.4x TC III in an outer pocket. My biggest problem right now is that I tend to overfill it - it weighed in at 9.2kgs yesterday when I was lugging it around yesterday. I had to take turns in carrying in on my left and right shoulders due to the weight.

I have no problems with the 'lack' of zipper, as it has two large velcro patches. There are both an interior and an exterior pocket. Mind you, that the 30 cannot take a 70-200/2.8 attached to the body and facing down.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. I has worked like a charm for all the things I've used it for (basically touristy photo outings). Since I carry a lot of small accessories, I would have appreciated more/smaller pockets internally to organize things. YMMV.

Hope this helps.

PKinDenmark

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 09:55:51 AM »
Sounds good, that you plan to visit Copenhagen soon.
I would actually love to visit as a foreigner (but can not, as I am native).
The city itself is quite easy-going and low-rising - has many old areas in the central part - lots of good 'city-landscapes'.
As many have said, it is quite safe (do observe common sense, though).
I would carry as little gear as possible, so one cover-it-all lens would be my preference. I would take the 6D and the 24-105 mm (my favourite city-kit) and then one good strap - for me the Black Rapid is great.
A couple of things that make Copenhagen nice for photographers are:
 - evenings are quite light (still the case in August)
 - the bicycles make up good motives  -  see attached
If you are more in favour of country-side landscapes, one of my favourite spots is 'Frilandsmuseet', an open air museum 15 km north of city (nearest S-train station is Lyngby). Here you will find old farmhouses from all over Denmark rebuilt in this open area complete with animals, interiors etc. Many great views as well as wonderful details.

Apart from that I support the many other good suggestions above.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:00:50 AM by PKinDenmark »
Enjoying photography very much - and that includes the technicalities as well as the planning, shooting and post-processing. Equipment is centered around a Canon 6D.

meadowfresh

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 06:26:40 AM »

I purchased a Retrospective 30 last fall before going chasing National Parks in Utah and Arizona. It comfortably holds 2 bodies (5D3, 50D), 70-200/2.8, 24-70, 17-40, and bunches of small accessories (memory cards, batteries, C-POL's) and by 580EX + 1.4x TC III in an outer pocket. My biggest problem right now is that I tend to overfill it - it weighed in at 9.2kgs yesterday when I was lugging it around yesterday. I had to take turns in carrying in on my left and right shoulders due to the weight.

I have no problems with the 'lack' of zipper, as it has two large velcro patches. There are both an interior and an exterior pocket. Mind you, that the 30 cannot take a 70-200/2.8 attached to the body and facing down.

Overall, I'm very happy with it. I has worked like a charm for all the things I've used it for (basically touristy photo outings). Since I carry a lot of small accessories, I would have appreciated more/smaller pockets internally to organize things. YMMV.

Hope this helps.

Cheers makes me want the bag even more now. Have you ever used it as a carry on for a flight etc?

@PKinDenmark

The open air museum sounds really interesting I will have to try and check it out.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 06:26:40 AM »

sambafan

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 08:42:59 AM »
I highly recommend a short trip up the coast to the Louisiana art museum:
http://www.louisiana.dk/dk/Service+Menu+Right/English
Fantastic architecture, scenery, their exhibits are excellent...
I shot for hours around there.

JPAZ

• EOS 5DS R
  • If only I knew what I was doing.....
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 09:02:51 AM »

..... so far the only two I have seen so far are the Thinktank Retrospective range and the Nat Geo ones. I have always liked the Thinktank ones, but the lack of a zip on the inside annoys me. I am just wondering what everyone else thinks of them and if it would be ok for traveling and going on planes etc. If someone has some personal experience with them it would be great to hear!

I have the retrospective 7.  Perhaps the most comfortable strap of any bag I've ever owned.  I put my 5Diii, 24-105, 17-40, 40, cards, batteries, small notebook, pens, micr-cloth and also, at times, my Kindle in it and still could have put more (my 430ex, my 1.4x and maybe even my M besides) if I wanted to.  Like others, I have lots of bags but this is my "go to" bag for a trip unless I am bringing a big heavy zoom.  It easily fits under the airplane seat.  Go look at it
5d MkIV; Eos-M5 and too many lenses; 430 EXii, 430 EXiii-RT, Flashpoint V860ii-C and a lot of stuff.

kaihp

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »

Cheers makes me want the bag even more now. Have you ever used it as a carry on for a flight etc?

Sure, that's how I got my gear between China and US - both ways :)
Also had it on a trip to Singapore recently - no problems here.

I wouldn't want to put lenses nor bodies through the wringer downstairs. If in doubt, take a look at United Breaks Guitars

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »