November 27, 2014, 03:56:06 AM

Author Topic: For those who use an LCD protector…  (Read 5115 times)

Tanja

Re: For those who use an LCD protector…
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »
So far, the best remover for all kinds of glue without damaging the original surface has been rain-x. I've used that on painted plastics and plastic screens without any problem. It's originally intended to prevent water from sticking to windshields, but it works excellent for removing glue residue.

actually the GGS glass removed so good i did not need any solution.
and you can even put the glass on again.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »
Interesting posts, all of you.  I'm still wondering if there is a film "matte" finish protector, similar to the one I used to use.  Glare was never a problem with it, and resolution wasn't really hampered either.

jhanken

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2013, 03:36:30 PM »
I have had good luck with GGS screen protectors.

ditto on my 5D Classic, quality glass, has adhered well.
5DIII, 60D, 24-105mm f/4 L, 85mm f/1.8, 70-200 f2.8L IS II, 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 35mm f/1.4A, Jupiter-9 85mm f/2

michi

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »
I don't make a science of it.  I have tried them all, Zagg, glass, regular, on different cameras.  All work fine. I'm actually not a fan of Zagg, I find them to be a bit "sticky", stuff tends to dig into it.  If I have the choice, I like the semi-hard plastic protectors the best.  The ones where you peel off the bottom, apply it, and then peal off the top once it's on.

brad-man

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2013, 05:41:49 PM »
I thought this thread might be a good place to mention to any M owners that I put a Fotga glass screen protector ($4.65 on ebay) on my M without any perceived loss of sensitivity to the touch screen. I am frequently sliding the camera in and out of my cargo pants pockets and was a little concerned about scratches since I hate crying like a little girl in public. The OEM screen is better as it is less reflective and does not show fingerprints as much, but I value the peace of mind a glass protector provides.

And now back to replies that may help the OP...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOTGA-PRO-Optical-Glass-Rigid-LCD-Screen-Protector-For-Canon-EOS-M-EOSM-Camera-/261216030030?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

CarlTN

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 02:19:18 PM »
I don't make a science of it.  I have tried them all, Zagg, glass, regular, on different cameras.  All work fine. I'm actually not a fan of Zagg, I find them to be a bit "sticky", stuff tends to dig into it.  If I have the choice, I like the semi-hard plastic protectors the best.  The ones where you peel off the bottom, apply it, and then peal off the top once it's on.

And the name of one of those semi-hard ones would be?

CarlTN

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 02:20:25 PM »
I thought this thread might be a good place to mention to any M owners that I put a Fotga glass screen protector ($4.65 on ebay) on my M without any perceived loss of sensitivity to the touch screen. I am frequently sliding the camera in and out of my cargo pants pockets and was a little concerned about scratches since I hate crying like a little girl in public. The OEM screen is better as it is less reflective and does not show fingerprints as much, but I value the peace of mind a glass protector provides.

And now back to replies that may help the OP...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOTGA-PRO-Optical-Glass-Rigid-LCD-Screen-Protector-For-Canon-EOS-M-EOSM-Camera-/261216030030?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Your post is fine for this thread, thank you for sharing the info!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 02:20:25 PM »