September 21, 2014, 08:29:31 PM

Author Topic: The Next EOS M Camera(s) [CR1]  (Read 26717 times)

neech7

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: The Next EOS M Camera(s) [CR1]
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »
The 11-22mm is available for pre order in Japan. Shame you guys can't get it in the states. That seems like a poor decision by Canon USA. Especially since now more people have the EOS M from this sale.

I hope that means they decide to launch the lens here!

If you really really want it, I could ship it over. Just pay for lens and the p&p!  ;) (terms and conditions apply, limited one time offer)

Thanks for your offer. US buyers also have the option of buying online from Canada:

http://www.henrys.com/78480-CANON-EF-M-11-22MM-F4-5-6-IS-STM-LENS.aspx

or

http://www.vistek.ca/store/CameraLenses/269981/canon-efm1122mm-f456-stm.aspx

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zeeography (flickr)
« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2013, 11:47:28 AM »
The 11-22mm is available for pre order in Japan. Shame you guys can't get it in the states. That seems like a poor decision by Canon USA. Especially since now more people have the EOS M from this sale.

If you really really want it, I could ship it over. Just pay for lens and the p&p!  ;) (terms and conditions apply, limited one time offer)

Thanks for your offer. US buyers also have the option of buying online from Canada:

or

Wait .... It's gonna be available in Canada but not the US??  :o
5D II | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14 2.8 | Sigma 50 1.4

EOS M | 11-22 IS STM | 22 STM | FD 50 1.4

neech7

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »

or

Sure looks that way. Someone mentioned that it may be an indication that Canon USA is bowing out of the mirrorless market. We'll see.

Swphoto

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »
I'm not sure why anyone thought the retailers were doing this on their own, but the B&H invoice included in the box with my M shows a manufacturer's instant rebate of $300 through today.

justsomedude

• 7D
  • Canon 5D3 and 6D
    • View Profile
    • AK Photo - Denver Photographer
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »
Actually, I just don't understand all of the projecting that takes place on these forums.   I state my opinion that I think the current EOS-M is a bad buy...

At a guess, I'd say it was because the word you used was 'silly'...being called silly (and yes, I know that's not what you stated, but that's a natural interpretation) tends to piss people off.

Seriously?  I mean... REALLY?

I think a LOT of things are silly purchases.  But now you want me to temper an opinion because you're essentially saying the entire photography community is thin-skinned, can't handle dissent, and has poor (or absolutely zero) anger management skills?

That's quite an assessment!!!

"Piss people off"????  Is this the 4th grade?  Where am I?????????????

I'm just completely baffled by your post.

Rick

• Canon AE-1
  • Dual Platform
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2013, 02:06:36 PM »
Would have been nice if this article had appeared at the bottom of the near-breathless article announcing the price reductions. After seeing the price reduction article here on CR, I placed my order with Adorama. This company doesn't do the best job of marking product items as being out of stock. On several recent orders, I have found out about OOS items throiugh a subsequent email.

By now, I am sure most of the following is not news on a 7 page discussion, but I went to the Adorama site today and searched for the EOS M camera and the site is reporting the product as "We are sorry, this item is no longer available". I called Customer Service to determine whether I needed to cancel the order and return the adapter and was told that anyone who had ordered an EOS M before the end of the sale will get one but this item is no longer available for new sales.

Sorry if this post replicates information already posted. Just keep moving on then.

5D2, 5D3, D3x, D800E, TSE17, 100L, 14-24G, 24-70G, 24-70 II, 70-200/4 IS, CZ 18 ZF, CZ 2.8/25 ZF, CZ 2/28 ZF, CZ 2/35 ZF, CZ 2/50 ZF

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »

or

Sure looks that way. Someone mentioned that it may be an indication that Canon USA is bowing out of the mirrorless market. We'll see.

Also, In Canada the EOS M kit with the 22mm includes the flash, but for $499.

| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »

brad-man

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2013, 04:10:28 PM »
Would have been nice if this article had appeared at the bottom of the near-breathless article announcing the price reductions. After seeing the price reduction article here on CR, I placed my order with Adorama. This company doesn't do the best job of marking product items as being out of stock. On several recent orders, I have found out about OOS items throiugh a subsequent email.

By now, I am sure most of the following is not news on a 7 page discussion, but I went to the Adorama site today and searched for the EOS M camera and the site is reporting the product as "We are sorry, this item is no longer available". I called Customer Service to determine whether I needed to cancel the order and return the adapter and was told that anyone who had ordered an EOS M before the end of the sale will get one but this item is no longer available for new sales.

Sorry if this post replicates information already posted. Just keep moving on then.

At this price, these cameras are moving. A good place to check is http://www.canonpricewatch.com/ . It's not always up to date either, but it will give you a good idea of who has what for how much. Adorama is presently out, but I believe you can order a backordered one from B&H. Today is listed as the last day of this sale, so if you want one you better jump. Mine is being delivered thursday...

JimS

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
B&H Photo showing the white EOS M as "Discontinued"
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2013, 06:54:16 PM »
I ordered a White model w/ 22mm lens on July 5 at which time they were out of stock, but expecting delivery later this month.  My order status says "On order".

Checking B&H's website for this model:

"This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available."  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/883487-REG/Canon_EOS_M_Digital_Camera_with.html

B&H said that my order should be OK since I had not received an e-mail.  B&H still has the black model with 18-55mm in stock and the black model with 22mm backordered until July 18.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »
Seriously?  I mean... REALLY?
Where am I???????????
I'm just completely baffled by your post.

You're posting on the Internet, where all people see are the words you write, with no way to convey tone or intent.

It's baffling to me that many people fail to consider the implications of their words, and are surprised when others are offended.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

samkatz

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2013, 10:33:37 PM »
Got my EOS -M  22mm kit from B&H today(ordered the day the sale started).

Will take a slight "learning curve" after  using only the D- and Rebel series for 10 years, don't shoot in "live view" much.......

First impressions: +very solid build, no autofocus problems (S/W 2.02), IQ very close to 60D(no surprise),haven't had a lens this fast since my Canon AE 1 Program 50MM 1.8

-  controls not very intuitive to me(which is why I love the D series buttons)
- feels strangely heavy, even though it's light...sounds like an oxymoron, but the footprint is tiny, so the weight is concentrated in a small area.
-flash I bought (small sunpak unit) really has lousy coverage.

I bought this on a whim as something I can keep with me as a second kit at all times, eg if I'm carrying my bird photography kit and want to grab a wider landscape or snapshot.  Have been using my Samsung Galaxy  for that, which is great if you just want to post on FB, but now I  won't have to sacrifice an IQ should I want to really work with the images, print etc.

Whatever Canon's motivation for clearing these out at low price(assuming they cut wholesale price), I think they may have gotten the M-series in the hands of many of us who were not going there otherwise.  If I really get used to this, I'd add a short zoom, and down the road maybe the EOS MII, M&M or whatever they call it.

JimS

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
B&H wrote saying they won't be able to fill all back orders for the EOS M
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »
I had a Live Chat with a sales rep yesterday about the White EOS-M I had ordered July 5. He said that my order would be fulfilled but B&H would not be able to fill some of the orders made after that date. B&H still taking orders for the black model with the 18-55mm lens (in stock) and the black model w/ the 22mm lens (back-ordered until July 18), but no body only listing.

This seems consistent with Canon stopping manufacture of the EOS M, or of just the white model.

Rick

• Canon AE-1
  • Dual Platform
    • View Profile
Got my Order cancellation fromn Adorama today
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »

Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering the CANON EOS M EF-M22MM STM KIT. Please understand that since this special offer was re-posted on numerous 'deals' websites, the demand for this item simply outnumbered the supply that we had on hand.

At this moment we are not able to get more quantity to be able to supply all open orders, we therefore have no other choice but to cancel your order.

You may see a 'Pending' charge or 'Authorization' charge in your account. Any authorization that may have been taken should expire 7 days from your original order date.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Adorama Customer Service.

Oh well, hopefully the other vendor from whom I purchased the adapter will take my return.
5D2, 5D3, D3x, D800E, TSE17, 100L, 14-24G, 24-70G, 24-70 II, 70-200/4 IS, CZ 18 ZF, CZ 2.8/25 ZF, CZ 2/28 ZF, CZ 2/35 ZF, CZ 2/50 ZF

canon rumors FORUM

Got my Order cancellation fromn Adorama today
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Got my Order cancellation fromn Adorama today
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2013, 08:03:27 PM »
Oh well, hopefully the other vendor from whom I purchased the adapter will take my return.

Amazon.com has the EOS M + 22mm kit in stock for $299.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

hmmm

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2013, 02:01:28 AM »

Dear Customer,

Thank you for ordering the CANON EOS M EF-M22MM STM KIT. Please understand that since this special offer was re-posted on numerous 'deals' websites, the demand for this item simply outnumbered the supply that we had on hand.

At this moment we are not able to get more quantity to be able to supply all open orders, we therefore have no other choice but to cancel your order.

You may see a 'Pending' charge or 'Authorization' charge in your account. Any authorization that may have been taken should expire 7 days from your original order date.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Adorama Customer Service.

Dear Adorama,

Apology accepted.   Good riddance.

Former Adorama Customer.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2013, 02:01:28 AM »