October 21, 2014, 06:28:25 AM

Author Topic: Developing for Lightroom  (Read 747 times)

odoketa

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
Developing for Lightroom
« on: July 08, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »
Is anyone else here doing any work with building custom goodies for Lightroom? I've been off and on playing with building new web templates, and wondered what resources others are using.

canon rumors FORUM

Developing for Lightroom
« on: July 08, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: Developing for Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 11:48:13 PM »
Is anyone else here doing any work with building custom goodies for Lightroom? I've been off and on playing with building new web templates, and wondered what resources others are using.

I find that most custom templates only work for a limited type of image.  What I do is modify one image to be the way I want it, and then sync all the images that would benefit from the same treatment.  I can save it if I'm going to use it again, but I don't bother.
As far as web images, I save various custom export settings, but that's it.

I do set import NR, sharpening, and lens corrections by ISO so that gets some of the easy stuff done.  I might have to tweak NR a bit for high ISO images, but its a starting point that is usually a good one.

Post some of your images done with your templates, I'm sure we'd enjoy seeing them.

odoketa

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 02:11:05 PM »
Sorry - I actually mean the web galleries themselves. I started writing things up a while back

http://www.davidbarber.org/technology/lightroom/

so, e.g. printing all the keywords for a particular image uses the syntax

["perImageSetting.keywords"] = {
   enabled = true,
   value = "{{com.adobe.keywords}}",
   title = LOC "$$$/WPG/HTML/CSS/properties/ImageKeywords=Keywords",
},

originally this started with me wanting to create an HTML output that allowed people to 'like' or '+1' my images. But then it just became one of those things you worry at because it bothers you. Then I sort of got something working and stopped. I just wondered if other people were also working on this, or if it was actually as small a group as it seemed to be.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 02:11:05 PM »