September 16, 2014, 05:33:40 AM

Author Topic: My Eos M at work...  (Read 7452 times)

Ivan Muller

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
My Eos M at work...
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »
I have used my Eos M with a variety of Ef lenses on some commercial assignments and I must say I am impressed. More images and a review of the M at work here...http://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-eos-m-at-worka-review.html

canon rumors FORUM

My Eos M at work...
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »

sheedoe

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: My Eos M at work...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:25:17 PM »
I really like the group shot and interior shots. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to my EOS M arriving tomorrow :).
Canon- 5D II x2 | 70D | 8-15mm f4L Fisheye | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-70mm f/2.8L II | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | 24mm f/1.4L II | 35mm f/1.4L | 50mm f/1.2L | 85mm f/1.2L II |100mm f/2.8L IS Macro | 600EX-RT x3 | 580EX II | ST-E3 RT | EOS M w/22mm Lens | Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 | GH4

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 02:32:02 PM »
Framing through that viewfinder must be errrr..... interesting?  :P

thejager

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 03:15:09 PM »
man i wish i had that viewfinder...

fotorex

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 12:14:52 AM »
Here is my EOS M at work.

I just tested the new SW Update 2.0.2_RM 8)
This little thing is so cool. It is even capable to take fotos of it self in recursive mode. 8)

Frank

Ivan Muller

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 01:29:22 AM »
Framing through that viewfinder must be errrr..... interesting?  :P

Zim, of course its not really meant to be used with THAT lens, but its on my M body most of the time and is really only meant for use with the 22mm... :)

TWI by Dustin Abbott

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • dustinabbott.net
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 08:40:35 AM »
Ivan - this was an excellent, well written practical review with some great images to back it up.  Bravo!
6D x 2 | EOS-M w/22mm f/2 + 18-55 STM + EF Adapter| Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VC | 35mm f/2 IS | 40mm f/2.8 | 100L | 135L | 70-300L -----OLD SCHOOL----- SMC Takumar 28mm f/3.5, Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5, SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8, Helios 44-2 and 44-4, Super Takumar 150mm f/4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 08:40:35 AM »

Ivan Muller

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 09:20:03 AM »
Ivan - this was an excellent, well written practical review with some great images to back it up.  Bravo!

thanks Dustin, I appreciate your feedback!

MrFotoFool

• EOS M2
  • 5D mk3
    • View Profile
    • HoodFineArt
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 11:05:55 AM »
What is that viewfinder and where do you get one?

Ivan Muller

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »

This one is from Leica but there are also ones from Voightlander, Panansonic, Ricoh...just look for one that will cover 35mm equivalent...

MrFotoFool

• EOS M2
  • 5D mk3
    • View Profile
    • HoodFineArt
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 10:47:52 PM »

This one is from Leica but there are also ones from Voightlander, Panansonic, Ricoh...just look for one that will cover 35mm equivalent...

Thank you.

optikus

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 12:04:07 AM »
Hello,

the results you got are very interesting and show a completely different "M" as to be expected reading the mass of reviews in the past, especially from the aspect of manual lenses usw.

Thank you very much!

Joerg
EOS 1Ds, D60, 10D, 30D*, 400D, var. manual lenses, Zeiss and other german manufacturers and some EF/EFs ... *: 30D with extended IR-range for astrophotography

Tyroop

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 01:40:44 AM »
Excellent review and some great photos to back up your words.  I have been equally impressed with this little camera and can't for the life of me work out why it gets such a bad press.  The common theme seems to be that those who own the camera like it and those making the negative comments don't own it.

When I bought it I had no intention of the EOS M replacing my DSLR gear, but now I might do just that.  In your line of work you obviously have a need for a DSLR and other people are in the same situation.  With the photos I take, there are very few situations where the EOS M won't suffice for my own personal needs.

The image quality is excellent and it is such a joy not to have to haul a bulky camera and lenses around.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 01:40:44 AM »

Ivan Muller

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 03:28:38 AM »
I have been equally impressed with this little camera and can't for the life of me work out why it gets such a bad press. 

Thanks! I think it got bad press because perhaps the reviewers expected more from Canon in that they were the last ones to come to the party and therefore should, in theory, have had more time to do proper R&D...and generally there seems to be a bit of Canon sensor bashing going around, which I believe is not entirely based on fact but on the other hand I believe strong competition is the only way to push companies to do better...

But what held me back initially was the price, reported slow AF and lack of viewfinder .

I bought mine the minute the price came down and I got the whole package including the 22f2, flash, and lens adapter.

I have a rule that I try not to buy anything before I have tested it, and in the shop I was not unduly put of by the 'slow' af and the lens looked sharp on the stores monitor. But it just shows that one shouldnt believe averything you read the Af didint seem to be half as slow as everyone claimed..

What drew me to it was the possibility of having an inexpensive backup camera, the flash wich could also be used as a 'master' to trigger my other speedlights and the adapter that made it possible to use al my other lenses.

I also already had an OVF that would fit so the thought of using it for my personal photography was appealing.

I come from a Leica X1 experience and let me tell you compared to that camera the Eos M is like a Ferrari and that was before the firmware update! So I suppose my expectations werent that high to begin with...but I have been pleasantly surprised all around and at the moment I think its the bargain of the year.

BUT, I have not looked at any of the other mirrorless cameras out there and I can t really say how the M compares. I was quite drawn to the new Fuji X100s, but have put that on hold until I see what the next Eos M looks like...and I am hoping it will have a decent viewfinder and even faster AF....but at the moment I am extremly pleased with the performance of the Eos M.

spinworkxroy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »
Thanks for the great review and trust you have in the M.
I originally bough it as a backup camera for candid general shooting.
However, after reading your blog, i'm actually thinking of leaving my 5D3 at home and only bringing the M with a 24-70ii lens for my upcoming trip to the UK. I was worried i might miss my 5D3 too much if i didn't bring it but i know i wouldn't miss the weight of tugging it around.
And since i'm not needing the high iso or higher mp or RAW quality of the 5D3, the M might just be all i need for the trip..
Would you bravely do the same if it were me or should i still bring the 5D3 just in caseā€¦.i really am not looking forward to tugging it around London...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 11:53:44 AM »