August 30, 2014, 02:46:49 AM

Author Topic: Stay with Canon?  (Read 17953 times)

awinphoto

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
Re: Stay with Canon?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »

What you have to say against the 300d????

Looking at that example, exposure accuracy and shadow detail.

hey boy, was a joke, we must not take things so seriously!

Hang on, you asked a question and posted a sample, I pointed out some obvious issues and you get all defensive, and called me boy! How does that work?

It is up to you how seriously you take this stuff, but you shouldn't be surprised if somebody answers a question you ask, it is a forum......

I did not ask anything to you. Was a quote for another person.
But  do not bring your personal problems to the forum.

now now guys... we all know if he was shooting a 1dx a message would have popped up telling to to move to the left a wee bit to get the background better and his exposure and shadow detail would be spot on.... of course... now continue bickering... =)
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »

Jay Khaos

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2013, 04:47:19 PM »
Yeah but Nikon has Ashton Kutcher, and it sounds fancier when you pronounce it in the British accent "Nick-ohn"

I'm from the UK and right or wrong I've always pronounced it 'Nike-on'!

My only reference is Kai from Digitalrev haha... I hadn't heard it pronounced like that until he said it.
5DIII | 85mm f1.2L • 70-200mm f2.8L IS II • 50mm f1.8 II

gbchriste

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2013, 04:53:22 PM »
On average, the capabilities of most any modern DSLR far outstrip the capabilities of the photographer using it.

The same phenomenon applies to violinists.  99.99999% will never exceed the capabilities of whatever instrument they play.  It's the very rare talent like an Itzak Perlman or Issac Stern that can tell and exploit the difference between playing a Stradivarious and something else.  And even though they can exploit that difference, 99.9999% of the people listening to them wouldn't know the difference.

My 5D Mark III (and 5D2 before it) produces images that consistenly mange to water my own eyes when I excel in at my job of composing, exposing and processing the image.  I'll spend my time and efforts perfecting those skills rather than chasing bits and bytes, thank you very much.

gary samples

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2013, 05:21:31 PM »
On average, the capabilities of most any modern DSLR far outstrip the capabilities of the photographer using it.

The same phenomenon applies to violinists.  99.99999% will never exceed the capabilities of whatever instrument they play.  It's the very rare talent like an Itzak Perlman or Issac Stern that can tell and exploit the difference between playing a Stradivarious and something else.  And even though they can exploit that difference, 99.9999% of the people listening to them wouldn't know the difference.

My 5D Mark III (and 5D2 before it) produces images that consistenly mange to water my own eyes when I excel in at my job of composing, exposing and processing the image.  I'll spend my time and efforts perfecting those skills rather than chasing bits and bytes, thank you very much.
I wish I could shoot to my cameras  capabilities  sorry but I  see very few who can !!I see a lot who think they can !

Don Haines

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »
After 4 years using Canon gear i am thinking of selling all my stuff and switch over to Nikon to get better sensor performance.  The lenses of Nikon are not as good as Canon's but with the Nikon sensor the (DSLR+Lens combi) scores are much better. "It's the combi that makes the picture"

What do you all think?
Keep waiting till Canon gets up (again) with Nikon?

I think this can take a long time... Maby never... Or are there any rumors canon wil get back on top soon?
I am thinking of getting rid of my Canon gear too. I find that it's just not capable of rendering the detail I need. For example, today I shot some pictures of a deer and although I can clearly see a mosquito on the neck of the deer, I can't tell how much blood it has sucked up. That just is not good enough!
The best camera is the one in your hands

Skulker

• 7D
  • PP is no vice and as shot is no virtue
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2013, 05:37:18 PM »

I wish I could shoot to my cameras  capabilities  sorry but I  see very few who can !!I see a lot who think they can !

and of course they think they can technically understand the design of the camera, but of course could have done it much better than Canon did it
If you debate with a fool onlookers can find it VERY difficult to tell the difference.

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2013, 05:45:16 PM »

Have to disagree with you there, I think you can, and do  :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2013, 05:45:16 PM »

Pandypix

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2013, 02:26:41 AM »
After 4 years using Canon gear i am thinking of selling all my stuff and switch over to Nikon to get better sensor performance.  The lenses of Nikon are not as good as Canon's but with the Nikon sensor the (DSLR+Lens combi) scores are much better. "It's the combi that makes the picture"

What do you all think?

I think this can take a long time... Maby never... Or are there any rumors canon wil get back on top soon?
I am thinking of getting rid of my Canon gear too. I find that it's just not capable of rendering the detail I need. For example, today I shot some pictures of a deer and although I can clearly see a mosquito on the neck of the deer, I can't tell how much blood it has sucked up. That just is not good enough!

Thank you for making my laugh Don the image of the mosquito is wonderful.
Jill
70D + a few lenses (500D up for sale hubby said it had to go too much clutter)

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2013, 02:50:39 AM »
Yeah but Nikon has Ashton Kutcher, and it sounds fancier when you pronounce it in the British accent "Nick-ohn"

I'm from the UK and right or wrong I've always pronounced it 'Nike-on'!

Insanity: you're quite right. It should be pronounced 'nike-on' because there is a single 'k', at least that's in English and not copying the Japanese pronunciation. If it was 'nick-on' it would be spelt 'Nikkon', just as the Nikkor lenses are pronounced 'Nick-or'.

Sticking to Canon is much simpler to pronounce, or is it ? Single 'n', shouldn't it be 'Cane-on' because a 'can-on' is what we used to use to shoot at French and Spanish warships. Oh dear, it's all very confusing. The OP should definitely switch to Nikkon.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 03:02:12 AM by Sporgon »

Rienzphotoz

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2013, 03:57:14 AM »
After 4 years using Canon gear i am thinking of selling all my stuff and switch over to Nikon to get better sensor performance.
What do you all think?
Yes sell everything and switch to Nikon
Yes wait
Yes it can take a long time ... Maybe never ... Yes there are rumors and here is the first credible rumor from a very reliable source "Canon will get back on top exactly 1 week after you sell everything". ;D
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

insanitybeard

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2013, 04:33:07 AM »
I'm sure we could, but it still wouldn't change the facts... ::)

Which is what exactly? Anything Canon do Nikon can do better? Until Canon does it better than Nikon. And then Nikon does it better than Canon in response. And then my head falls off because I realise I'm focusing (boom boom) more on the equipment than using it for it's intended purpose.
7D / EF-S 10-22 / 17-40L / 70-200 f4L IS / EF-S 60 macro

Menace

• 1D X
  • New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »
To the OP,

have you considered going MF? Imagine the DR and the high mega pixels?

Cheers
1Dx | 5D III
85 1.2L II | 100 2.8 | 400 2.8L IS II 
24-70 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

LSV

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2013, 04:49:20 AM »
Why does it have to be either or?  The OP obviously has some spare money.  Use that money to buy some Nikon gears.  Enjoy using both systems, then decide.  He might like to keep both.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2013, 04:49:20 AM »

LewisShermer

• EOS M2
  • point shoot hope
    • View Profile
    • Business!
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2013, 04:52:26 AM »
To the OP,

have you considered going MF? Imagine the DR and the high mega pixels?

Cheers

I hear them Hasselblads are pretty swell? Op should swap the 300D for a H5D, see if that compliments his artistic vision satisfactorily?
5Diii, 1Dsiii, 60D, 500D, EX580, loads of crappy flash guns... 28mm 1.8, Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art, 50mm 1.4, 100mm macro 2.8, 24-105mm 4L, 70-200mm 2.8L, lensbaby composer...

www.lewismaxwell.co.uk

LewisShermer

• EOS M2
  • point shoot hope
    • View Profile
    • Business!
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2013, 04:58:09 AM »
Actually, I've convinced myself... I'm moving to Hasselblad. Anyone want to buy the gear listed in my signature for £48,000?
5Diii, 1Dsiii, 60D, 500D, EX580, loads of crappy flash guns... 28mm 1.8, Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art, 50mm 1.4, 100mm macro 2.8, 24-105mm 4L, 70-200mm 2.8L, lensbaby composer...

www.lewismaxwell.co.uk

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2013, 04:58:09 AM »