April 16, 2014, 06:32:03 PM

Author Topic: Good tripod for EOS M ?  (Read 2659 times)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: Good tripod for EOS M ?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »
I also have the Gorillapod (SLR version) which I was also using for speedlite placement (along with FRIO http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CBTCFC/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1),

I infer that you don't have the Joby ballhead for the SLR Zoom.  I use my SLR Zoom for Speedlite placement, too.  I have the Joby BH-1 ballhead on it, and they make a little cold shoe flash clip for it (which I ran across on a clearance table at a camera store).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 01:35:54 PM »

Dave_NYC

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
I also have the Gorillapod (SLR version) which I was also using for speedlite placement (along with FRIO http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CBTCFC/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1),

I infer that you don't have the Joby ballhead for the SLR Zoom.  I use my SLR Zoom for Speedlite placement, too.  I have the Joby BH-1 ballhead on it, and they make a little cold shoe flash clip for it (which I ran across on a clearance table at a camera store).

Thanks. I didn't know about that. And no, I don't have the Joby ballhead. The flash foot - seems like a flat out cold shoe foot with a screw hole in the base - at the time I was using YN603 triggers though, and they didn't have a locking mechanism on the bottom foot, so I got the FRIOs as they have a clip lock built in (you push it down to release and slide the flash/trigger off). I'm using mainly YN622s now though, so don't need that functionality anymore.

Thanks for putting the BH-1 back on my radar though. Seems perfect for the M.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »