July 29, 2014, 12:57:10 PM

Author Topic: This sensor is holy  (Read 13318 times)

comsense

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: This sensor is holy
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »
but i'm an atheist....

what should i do?

Keep up the good and level headed work.
I am an atheist myself. Spiritual though. I practise scotch and vodka - separately - unless it is a long island ;)
Are you sure you want to get into this huge and explosive religious dispute -
There is no whiskey in the most popular and widespread Long Island, New York version of LIIT (Long Island iced tea). A disputed origin 1920s LIIT from Long Island in Kingsport, Tennessee had Whiskey (TN whiskey though) and maple syrup.  You seems to favor TN over NY but snub it with Scotch :o

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 06:38:43 PM »

paul13walnut5

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2013, 08:32:03 PM »
but i'm an atheist....

what should i do?

I am an atheist myself. Spiritual though. I practise scotch and vodka - separately - unless it is a long island ;)
There is no whiskey in the most popular and widespread Long Island, New York version of LIIT (Long Island iced tea). A disputed origin 1920s LIIT from Long Island in Kingsport, Tennessee had Whiskey (TN whiskey though) and maple syrup.  You seems to favor TN over NY but snub it with Scotch :o

If it's Scotch then it isn't Whiskey, it's Whisky.   We put Whiskey in our cooking sauces.  We drink Whisky.

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »
If it's Scotch then it isn't Whiskey, it's Whisky.   We put Whiskey in our cooking sauces.  We drink Whisky.

Indeed. I do find a 16 year-old Bushmills is extremely tasty, but that is whiskey. But there is so much to discover in Scotland, the Distiller Editions of some places are excellent too. Lagavulin is one that jumps to mind. And that is whisky. ;-)
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »

Indeed. I do find a 16 year-old Bushmills is extremely tasty, but that is whiskey. But there is so much to discover in Scotland, the Distiller Editions of some places are excellent too. Lagavulin is one that jumps to mind. And that is whisky. ;-)
Paul enlightened me on the subtlety of the spellings some time back so I use the correct one now. You don't want a Scott breathing down your neck  ;)

As for me I prefer the Island Whiskys - love the smoky taste...

paul13walnut5

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2013, 07:15:12 AM »
I grew up in the town that made Johnny Walkers, until Diageo decided that we weren't quite profitable enough.

The worlds best selling Scotch Whisky but after what they did to the hard workers of my home town, the last big employer to pull out, I would urge any of you enjoy a Scotch to try some of the independent small malts, anything apart from a Diageo brand.

I would also urge any Whisky lovers to track down the film 'Angel's Share', a dark comedy in the tradition of 'Whisky Galore' and the Ealing capers, but with a social conscience and gritty roots firmly present in the rougher parts of present day Glasgow.

I shot and edited two award video's for Angels Share, the interview with Siobhan in this one is mine, the edit also (first video on page):

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/daily-record-creative-scotland-awards-1488241

and with the star Paul Brannigan, here:

Young Scot Awards 2013 - Paul Brannigan - Entertainment Small | Large

But for all that... I can't abide the stuff!

comsense

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »
but i'm an atheist....

what should i do?

Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition: "In modern trade usage, Scotch whisky and Irish whiskey are thus distinguished in spelling; whisky is the usual spelling in Britain and whiskey that in the U.S.
Aye, You are quite right. But -ey is usual spelling this side of Atlantic and auto-corrected so!!!
And I did not anticipate another religious war i.e. over whisky/ey
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:43:43 PM by comsense »

paul13walnut5

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 05:55:26 PM »
But -ey is usual spelling this side of Atlantic and auto-corrected so!!!
And I did not anticipate another religious war i.e. over whisky/ey

Next thing you'll be telling me you use autofocus.  Auto-correct! That gets right to the centre of the debate does it not?  Showing your true colours.  Can't even spell the language we gifted to you.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 05:55:26 PM »

Quasimodo

• 1D Mark IV
  • Easily intrigued :)
    • View Profile
    • 500px.com
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2013, 06:36:40 PM »

Funny turn of this corky thread.... Try the numbered double casceted Lagavulin if you have the chance! It is my favorite :)
1Dx, 5DII w/grip, 3x600 EX RT, ST-E3
Canon: 8-15L, 16-35L II,  24-105L , 70-200L IS II, 17L TS, 135L, 100L, 2x III TC, 40 F2.8 STM, 50 F1.4. Sigma 35 F1.4 Art, Sigma 85 F1.4, Sigma 150-500.
www.500px.com/gerhard1972

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2013, 02:18:24 AM »
If we're going peaty then it's Laphroaig for me, but my all time favorite favourite would be an eighteen year old Glenlivet - pure nectar !!

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »
If we're going peaty then it's Laphroaig for me, but my all time favorite favourite would be an eighteen year old Glenlivet - pure nectar !!
+1 (I won't annoy Fleetie by typing plus one thousand but you get the drift ;). )

This time back from LAX I got me Laphroaig, Glenfiddich (18 yrs) and Highland Park. I love Laphroaig.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »