I thought just for fun I'd post the top things I'm sick of hearing in the world of photography. Here are some that come to mind:
1. You can shoot better shots with a P&S than a 1Dx if you understand lighting
2. Gear doesn't matter, it's the photographer
3. Well, back in the film days...
4. RAW is a crutch
5. If you get it right in camera you don't need to do post-processing
6. Canon's falling way behind in sales because of the D800 and DR
7. L-glass is ALWAYS better than non-L
That's all I had right now.
Thought of another one:
8. If you have to ask questions about the <insert gear>, then you don't need it.