September 21, 2014, 04:28:21 AM

Author Topic: 2.0.2 firmware and Magic Lantern  (Read 2892 times)

Dave_NYC

2.0.2 firmware and Magic Lantern
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:16:12 PM »
Has anyone been able to load ML on their 2.0.2 Eos-M? I need to record past the 30 minute video recording limit, but would like to retain the AF improvements of the 2.0.2 update.

canon rumors FORUM

2.0.2 firmware and Magic Lantern
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:16:12 PM »

Cb33

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0.2 firmware and Magic Lantern
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 12:36:29 AM »
Not yet. Here is a link to the porting thread. Look on page 29 and it seems like it will be a couple more weeks until Magic Lantern will be ready for 2.0.2.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3648

BL

• 7D
  • Great gear is good. Good technique is better.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 11:40:44 AM »
Does ML give the option of putting functionality into the "record" button when not in video mode?

that drives me nuts... i'd love to place back button AF, DOF preview, or something useful there
M, 5Dc, 1Dx, some lenses, a few lights

Dianoda

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »
Does ML give the option of putting functionality into the "record" button when not in video mode?

that drives me nuts... i'd love to place back button AF, DOF preview, or something useful there

Same here - it'd be a great location for back button AF.  And a great location for image zoom while chimping - I don't always have two hands available to use the touch screen for zooming around in playback mode, would be great if a button on the camera could swap me through 1x/5x/10x magnification instead of being forced to use the touchscreen.
Current Kit: Some cameras and a bunch of lenses, maybe even a tripod or two

brad-man

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 04:35:52 PM »

Same here - it'd be a great location for back button AF.  And a great location for image zoom while chimping - I don't always have two hands available to use the touch screen for zooming around in playback mode, would be great if a button on the camera could swap me through 1x/5x/10x magnification instead of being forced to use the touchscreen.

+1      Being forced to use the touchscreen for zooming is frequently inconvenient.

spinworkxroy

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 01:17:00 AM »
I don't do video but the one feature i really hope Canon does include is peaking…Manual focusing with the M is really a hit and miss especially for moving objects. Sometimes because the AF is too slow to catch up, Manual focusing is the only solution but without peaking, it's incredibly hard to know when you're actually in focus or not. I believer ALL other Mirrorles cameras in the market has peaking..except Canon no?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 01:17:00 AM »