August 28, 2014, 01:25:22 AM

Author Topic: EOS M Stock & Shipping Update  (Read 5351 times)

moreorless

• 6D
    • View Profile
Re: EOS M Stock & Shipping Update
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 05:20:50 AM »
Lets face it, no matter how good the camera is it was not priced competitively with the competition. Well, not until the recent "fire sale" deals anyway. It sounds like they are clearing stock for the M2, something which might justify the price tag that canon wants pinned to it. It is not dead, but I think they realise the M did not match people expectations and are probably moving the line along quicker than anticipated in order to grab a slice of the mirrorless pie!

Just my thoughts...  :) ;D

My guess is that they may have rushed the release of the M a bit in order to get a presence in the mirrorless market earlier. Its not been very successful in the US but last time I checked they already had 10% of the Japanese mirrorless market.

To be honest I think that on the net they were always going to be fighting a "fanboy" reaction, generally mirrorless discussion on the net tends to go in that direction a lot and for several years Canon has been the clear "enemy".

tomsop

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »
I appreciate that my forum post yesterday about concerns with status of my backorder was turned into a posting and followed up on by this website.  I feel more confident that my order will be filled at some point.  Someone said that maybe the M was a mistake in how it was priced.  I wonder about M2.  I got thhe M because of the positive reports post firmware update and it meets my immediate needs but if I am only saving $200 over the next model I may want to cancel my order.  Wish I had a crystal ball.   

JerryKnight

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 01:57:47 PM »
The EOS M + 22mm kit is now in stock at B&H.

And B&H just charged my credit card for my EOS M back-order placed July 5th. Status now says "in stock - sent to warehouse." So this backs up what we've heard that B&H will ship all back orders.

I think they temporarily set the item to "Discontinued" to stop the back-orders from piling up. Not that this isn't still a "fire sale" and the current M model is near end-of-life, but I think this means Canon isn't necessarily ready to reveal the successor.

Hopefully the fire sale response has shown Canon that if they price their products competitively, they'll see far more sales.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »
The EOS M + 22mm kit is now in stock at B&H.

Yes, for $349. 
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

Styrofoto

• SX50 HS
  • 5D MkIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »
My back order for Eos M/20mm now shows headed to warehouse for shipping. Looks like they're in...

linus

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »
Adorama canceled my order for the $299 EOS M and 22mm lens (which was placed in early July and apparently couldn't be fulfilled).

I ordered the $349 EOS M and 18-55mm lens from B&H instead; at the time of this writing the deal is still on and the camera is still in stock.

It's a pretty terrific camera - especially at this price. I can be pretty persnickety when it comes to consumer grade zooms (at least the ones that I don't pick up at the thrift store for 10 bucks - my pile of those keeps growing) but this is a not a bad lens. In fact I think it may be one of the best several standard (non pro 2.8) 18-55 aps-c zooms out there.

(The quality of the glass so far for the eos-m as well as Canon's firmware fix for the af [my eos m came with the new firmware installed] and the overall features and build quality of this camera really contradict all that junk you read about Canon not taking mirrorless seriously. I think Sony may finally have a real serious aps-c mirrorless competitor [who happens to be also the brand with the largest market share and the resources to build these cameras well and sell them at reasonable prices].)

One of my chief reasons for getting this camera is the chance to use fd lenses on an eos camera without an adapter that has an optical element (which in my view make it more of a converter than an adapter). I ordered one of those Kipon fd to eos m adapters. It hasn't come yet but looks pretty nice in the pictures.

drjlo

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 02:28:30 AM »
Adorama canceled my order for the $299 EOS M and 22mm lens (which was placed in early July and apparently couldn't be fulfilled).

I feel very lucky I ordered from B&H and not Adorama when EOS-M/22mm was already backordered.  It looks like B&H decided to bite the bullet and honor the backorders with EOS-M/22mm/90EX kit (currently on sale for $399 at B&H) instead of cancelling them. 

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=16074.0
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:00:13 PM by drjlo »