April 16, 2014, 09:27:45 PM

Author Topic: Ended: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2545  (Read 5801 times)

kcwizard72

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
Re: Super Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body $2545
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
Yeah, I just pulled the trigger on a refurb 5d mark iii from Canon Store this morning and then saw this...arrgghh!!! with taxes and all...400.00 difference...CRAP. Already being sent next day...I guess for the 400 bucks I can at least know I have a 1 year warranty from Canon directly... >:(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »

Jay Khaos

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2013, 01:40:46 PM »
I talked to Canon the first time after ordering from a non-authorized retailer.

The guy said that, unlike with authorized retailers who get stock that technically still belongs to Canon and only make their money after the sale, others can buy up front to resell—and they might have gotten a batch deal on an entire pallet of something.  Still US models and legit... **Keep in mind you do need a physical receipt of purchase to use a warranty, even its it's from a non-authorized retailer.

So really they are just taking the risk that Canon could lower MSRP even lower than their sale price before they can get rid of the big stock.
5DIII | 85mm f1.2L • 70-200mm f2.8L IS II • 50mm f1.8 II

callaesthetics

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
i believe they can sell it that low because the camera came as a kit and they are removing the lens and selling each item separately.

ishdakuteb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 01:51:06 PM »
imo, prior to order:

1. carefully read though ads as well as pay attention to batch numbers, and
2. call canon usa to see how the warranty works if being sold camera is gray market, and
3. pay with american express if you have one

note:  how about take a look at this deal in a way of buying a used camera on craigslist or ebay, which he/she does not know what is the real condition of the camra (i.e. drop, stolen, etc.)  this is a brand new one and still... hesitates about pulling trigger?  i am not sure i understand...  ;)

AAPhotog

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 02:14:01 PM »
i pad $3500 for mine... F*ck!
iPhone 4s camera

sdsr

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 02:21:09 PM »
They had the same deal last week.  As I mentioned in a different thread, I called and was told there was no US warranty card, but I ordered one anyway last Wednesday evening, after they had closed for the day, and received it (free shipping) on Friday.  What I received was a kit minus the lens, which is fine with me.  It looks new (the shutter count was zero), it seems to work flawlessly (haven't tried video yet and may never do so), and unlike most of the digital cameras I've bought (including Pentax K-5, Canon 5DII and Olympus OM-D, my first copies of all of which I returned) the sensor is spotless.  So far, so good, then.  In the event I have a problem which Canon won't cover I'll report back....

Niki

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 03:01:04 PM »
should I buy another one?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 03:01:04 PM »

canon23

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »
EOS M

« Reply #20 on: Today at 02:21:09 PM »They had the same deal last week.  As I mentioned in a different thread, I called and was told there was no US warranty card, but I ordered one anyway last Wednesday evening, after they had closed for the day, and received it (free shipping) on Friday.  What I received was a kit minus the lens, which is fine with me.  It looks new (the shutter count was zero), it seems to work flawlessly (haven't tried video yet and may never do so), and unlike most of the digital cameras I've bought (including Pentax K-5, Canon 5DII and Olympus OM-D, my first copies of all of which I returned) the sensor is spotless.  So far, so good, then.  In the event I have a problem which Canon won't cover I'll report back....

May I ask how you know it was a Kits bundle?  Did it come w/the Kit's box?
I have read somewhere here, don't recall exactly, that Canon may or still honor the one year warranty even if it's purchased w/o the warranty card? 

I'm in the market for a 5D Mark III now...how many of you, if same w/me, would jump in on this deal?

5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, II, Sigma 35 1.4 DG, 24-70 f/2.8 II, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 50 1.8 , Speedlite 430EX, YN 568 EX II

canon23

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 03:12:44 PM »
EOS M

« Reply #20 on: Today at 02:21:09 PM »They had the same deal last week.  As I mentioned in a different thread, I called and was told there was no US warranty card, but I ordered one anyway last Wednesday evening, after they had closed for the day, and received it (free shipping) on Friday.  What I received was a kit minus the lens, which is fine with me.  It looks new (the shutter count was zero), it seems to work flawlessly (haven't tried video yet and may never do so), and unlike most of the digital cameras I've bought (including Pentax K-5, Canon 5DII and Olympus OM-D, my first copies of all of which I returned) the sensor is spotless.  So far, so good, then.  In the event I have a problem which Canon won't cover I'll report back....

Do you know if the camera is part of the newer batches?  With the light leaks and other issues fixed?
5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, II, Sigma 35 1.4 DG, 24-70 f/2.8 II, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 50 1.8 , Speedlite 430EX, YN 568 EX II

sdsr

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 03:32:38 PM »

I have read somewhere here, don't recall exactly, that Canon may or still honor the one year warranty even if it's purchased w/o the warranty card? 

Yes, it came in the box made for the kit - it's so labeled, and there's a photo of the lens on the box and a compartment for the lens inside (it looks the same as the box my 5DII kit came in when I bought it - with lens, that time - early last year, aside of course for the precise model details).  The boxes for camera body only are much smaller.

canon23

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 03:58:34 PM »

[/quote]

Yes, it came in the box made for the kit - it's so labeled, and there's a photo of the lens on the box and a compartment for the lens inside (it looks the same as the box my 5DII kit came in when I bought it - with lens, that time - early last year, aside of course for the precise model details).  The boxes for camera body only are much smaller.
[/quote]

I guess that explains why they are able to sell it this cheap...cuz they are selling the lens separately.  Now, did you check your camera and see if it's from the old or new production.  My concern is if these are 'flawed' with light leaks or anyother issues Canon provided firmware updates on.

Faxon

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 05:00:25 PM »
Since they are selling used for more, it is hard to resist. But I am trying to.  I just bought a nice 1D Mk III, and can hold off for a quite a while until I "need" a 5D Mk III. But is certainly makes sense to get one if you can afford it.

sdsr

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

[/quote]

I guess that explains why they are able to sell it this cheap...cuz they are selling the lens separately.  Now, did you check your camera and see if it's from the old or new production.  My concern is if these are 'flawed' with light leaks or anyother issues Canon provided firmware updates on.
[/quote]

I've not noticed any flaws.  It came with the latest firmware installed.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

PhotographAdventure

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Snapshot Quality
    • View Profile
    • Harrisburg Wedding Photographer
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 06:06:57 PM »
I purchased another one last week during the similar deal.  Fast shipping.  Brand new.  The paired lens was removed.  I didn't see a warranty card, but I don't really care.  It is a newer batch, not one of the earlier ones with the light leak issue.  But really, the light leak is not an issue.  People just whine about it online.  A really good deal, imho.

AAPhotog

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »
EOS M

I'm in the market for a 5D Mark III now...how many of you, if same w/me, would jump in on this deal?
at a $1,000 discount, forget a warranty as long as it's new. If any problems, you can pay for them and STILL come out better than buying from anywhere else at the msrp. Or so it seems to me...
iPhone 4s camera

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »