October 25, 2014, 10:05:28 PM

Author Topic: Photographer Gets So Close to Lava That His Shoes and Tripod Catch on Fire  (Read 6899 times)

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
And in the end, it is a staged photo, it is interesting, and it makes a point about the dangers of "extreme" photography. It's no different than national geographic renting "Bart the bear" for a photoshoot... Wait a minute, it is different, he told us it was staged and used accelerants...

Difference is that in telling us - he is inviting others to try the stunt and put their lives in danger.  Something like this takes lots of knowledge and planning (and a perhaps a bit of luck).  I am dreading to hear about the first copy cat who hurts themself

What are your thoughts on this Canon commercial which played on TV over and over (I saw it many many times....BTW, I never was inspired to try any of that).

quote from Buzzfeed.com about this commercial....
"Pretty Much The Perfect Camera Commercial
What some people go through to get just the right shot.
A camera ad should be beautifully shot.
And this new spot for the Canon Rebel T4i does not disappoint.The scenarios are wonderful. (The closing burning tire shot is marvelous.) The attention to detail is wonderful. And, the tune (“Beautiful Dreamer,” sung Rachel Fannan of the band “Only You”) is wonderful.
It inspires pros and amateurs alike."
I liked the Ice-throw picture!

canon rumors FORUM

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
And in the end, it is a staged photo, it is interesting, and it makes a point about the dangers of "extreme" photography. It's no different than national geographic renting "Bart the bear" for a photoshoot... Wait a minute, it is different, he told us it was staged and used accelerants...

That was a neat capture. Two big chunks of ice are where the shop keepers eyes should be.
Hope the photographer's gear is weather sealed ;D

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 02:55:57 AM by serendipidy »
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile

That was a neat capture. Two big chunks of ice are where the shop keepers eyes should be.
Hope the photographer's gear is weather sealed ;D
And he can claim it is hailstone proof too ;)

funkboy

• Canon 6D
  • 6D & a bunch of crazy primes
    • View Profile
:) :D ;D  ??? :( >:(

In my 25 years of use of computer communications, that's the first time I've seen a complete message effectively conveyed exclusively with smileys.

Well done sir.

serendipidy

• 1D X
    • View Profile
:) :D ;D  ??? :( >:(

In my 25 years of use of computer communications, that's the first time I've seen a complete message effectively conveyed exclusively with smileys.

Well done sir.

8)
EOS 5D miii, EOS 7D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS ii, 100-400mmL IS

canon rumors FORUM