July 31, 2014, 05:33:52 AM

Author Topic: LensRentals.com Announces LensAuthority.com  (Read 7448 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: LensRentals.com Announces LensAuthority.com
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 04:07:28 PM »
Anyone have any idea if they ship to Canada? I can't seem to find anything about it on their site.

There is a Lens Rentals - Canada, its owned by The person who runs CR (Craig Blair).  He doesn't advertise here, but mentions it occasionally. CR doesn't exist to promote his lens rentals.

Drop Craig a e-mail and ask about used lenses.  He doesn't have any equipment currently listed, but he may have some that aren't yet listed for sale.   He was looking to hire a tech that could test lenses, I don't know if that ever came about.

Roger of Lens Rentals did help him setup, I don't know if there is a business relationship, but they do talk to each other.

http://lensrentalscanada.com/

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 04:07:28 PM »

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »
Anyone have any idea if they ship to Canada? I can't seem to find anything about it on their site.

There is a Lens Rentals - Canada, its owned by The person who runs CR (Craig Blair).  He doesn't advertise here, but mentions it occasionally. CR doesn't exist to promote his lens rentals.

Drop Craig a e-mail and ask about used lenses.  He doesn't have any equipment currently listed, but he may have some that aren't yet listed for sale.   He was looking to hire a tech that could test lenses, I don't know if that ever came about.

Roger of Lens Rentals did help him setup, I don't know if there is a business relationship, but they do talk to each other.

http://lensrentalscanada.com/

We met Roger under less than ideal terms, we messed up with something and he called us on it. However, we quickly became friends once we corrected our error. I've been to Memphis a few times to see the operation and learn things. There is zero business relationship and I kind of wish we didn't call ourselves Lens Rentals Canada, as it has caused some confusion.

We do sell gear, but it's usually only in the fall.

My wife is now president/ceo/ringleader/dictator of LRC, but I will help out or answer questions if people need it.
canonrumors.com

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 08:53:54 AM »
My wife is now president/ceo/ringleader/dictator of LRC, but I will help out or answer questions if people need it.

I can't imagine if my wife were in charge of selling my camera equipment, I'd have a powershot left . . .  :o
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

UrbanVoyeur

• Rebel SL1
  • To see and be seen.
    • View Profile
    • UrbanVoyeur.com
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 10:03:42 AM »
I'm looking at these prices and they don't seem like a good deal.

Example: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 8.0 condition for $1,880.

A new one is $2500, just $600 more for a pristine, never used lens with a full warranty.  The other equipment is similarly expensive. Why would anyone buy used gear at these prices?

Joynt Inspirations

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
We met Roger under less than ideal terms, we messed up with something and he called us on it. However, we quickly became friends once we corrected our error. I've been to Memphis a few times to see the operation and learn things. There is zero business relationship and I kind of wish we didn't call ourselves Lens Rentals Canada, as it has caused some confusion.

We do sell gear, but it's usually only in the fall.

I've actually rented lenses from LRC before, and haven't ever had a single bad experience.

Halfrack

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »
See my sig :)  Did you also catch he was in Money recently?  http://www.webhostingzone.org/how-to-increase-upload-max-filesize.html

I frequent LR, and seeing things disappear over the last few weeks made me concerned.  To have LA up and going is great.  They would do better to group common lenses like the 24-105 or 24-70 together, rather than have them all list on the lens page.  Yes, their pricing can be higher at times, but when things go on sale - watch out!  I keep the cost of a new refurb in the back of my mind, but would not hesitate to purchase at this point.

I actually have my eyes on a toy that I will share photos of/from once I get it.
"Me owning a lens shop is kind of like having an alcoholic bar tender." - Roger Cicala

Stig

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »
I'm looking at these prices and they don't seem like a good deal.

Example: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 8.0 condition for $1,880.

A new one is $2500, just $600 more for a pristine, never used lens with a full warranty.  The other equipment is similarly expensive. Why would anyone buy used gear at these prices?

erm... you said it, because its $600 off... or, if you want it other way, you have to pay a third more to get a new lens, while the used is probably still nice, works great and is maybe in a shape that the new might soon be as well... or, think about other lenses that you could get with the money you save...

however, I think it is relative, If I would hit some large Vegas jackpot, I would only  buy new lenses (and a many of them :) ) so far, that 2500usd lens isnt pocket money for me and I wish I would be in US and able to use lensauthority...
6D,   350D,  24-105 f4,   50 f1.8, 135mm f2, 14mm f2.8, Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6,   430EX II,   Godox TT520,   etc...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »

UrbanVoyeur

• Rebel SL1
  • To see and be seen.
    • View Profile
    • UrbanVoyeur.com
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »
if you want it other way, you have to pay a third more to get a new lens, ....or, think about other lenses that you could get with the money you save...
Good points.

kaihp

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »
To have LA up and going is great.  They would do better to group common lenses like the 24-105 or 24-70 together, rather than have them all list on the lens page.

This was exactly my thought when I looked at the LA page.

KyleSTL

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 05:42:44 PM »
In case anyone is wondering, the new eBay name for them is lensauthority.  Here's a link:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/lensauthority
Canon EOS 5D | Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 | 24-105mm f/4L IS USM | 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM
15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 28mm f/1.8 USM | 50mm f/1.4 USM | 85mm f/1.8 USM | 3x 420EX | ST-E2 | Canon S90 | SD600 w/ WP-DC4

artstudio5d

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 02:03:59 AM »
Hi...is somebody here on this forum from Europe ? I was looking for an online store in EU with good prices on Canon gear.
I found from somebody the site : www.hdewcameras.co.uk . I sent them an e-mail and asked them how to buy from them and they said the only method is that I send the money first in their bank account. I don`t trust this way and find it fishy. They said the only people who can pay with cc are those from UK.
Did somebody of you bought from here?
Thank you very much for your answers.

kaihp

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 02:22:53 AM »
Hi...is somebody here on this forum from Europe ? I was looking for an online store in EU with good prices on Canon gear.
I found from somebody the site : www.hdewcameras.co.uk . I sent them an e-mail and asked them how to buy from them and they said the only method is that I send the money first in their bank account. I don`t trust this way and find it fishy. They said the only people who can pay with cc are those from UK.
Did somebody of you bought from here?
Thank you very much for your answers.

Try http://www.simplyelectronics.net/ - I bought a battery grip for my 50D some years ago, and they had reasonable prices. If you're outside of EU, buying in Denmark and getting the VAT back can be attractive.
(I live in Asia, so I do that).

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2013, 02:22:53 AM »