August 01, 2014, 11:40:13 AM

Author Topic: Refurbished 6D now at Canon Direct, $1599  (Read 2434 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Refurbished 6D now at Canon Direct, $1599
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »
I don't know if they will give a 15% discount thru the Canon Loyalty Program, but it might be worth asking.  $1599 is not a deal.

canon rumors FORUM

Refurbished 6D now at Canon Direct, $1599
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:28:58 PM »

thejoyofsobe

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Re: Refurbished 6D now at Canon Direct, $1599
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 02:24:33 PM »
I called the Canon Loyalty Program number to try to purchase a 6D but didn't get even get that far because the representative said the program is only trading broken Powershots for discounts on refurbished Powershots and explicitly said it is NOT for discounts on refurbished DSLRs.
That doesn't seem to jive with the internet claims I've seen for years (even on this site) and even one I saw a couple weeks ago of using the CLP to even get a discount on a refurb 5DIII.

I could understand if the refurb 6D isn't available through the program but I didn't even get far enough to even ask about it because he said the program is not what everyone says it is. Something seems pretty sketchy about that.

Did I just get a bad customer service rep? Has the program changed? Is there just a secret way to ask for the discount that I'm apparently not doing?

Any assurance that the CLP isn't just an elaborate internet joke played on noobs would be helpful.

skfla

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 04:30:12 PM »
I called the Canon Loyalty Program number to try to purchase a 6D but didn't get even get that far because the representative said the program is only trading broken Powershots for discounts on refurbished Powershots and explicitly said it is NOT for discounts on refurbished DSLRs.
That doesn't seem to jive with the internet claims I've seen for years (even on this site) and even one I saw a couple weeks ago of using the CLP to even get a discount on a refurb 5DIII.

I could understand if the refurb 6D isn't available through the program but I didn't even get far enough to even ask about it because he said the program is not what everyone says it is. Something seems pretty sketchy about that.

Did I just get a bad customer service rep? Has the program changed? Is there just a secret way to ask for the discount that I'm apparently not doing?

Any assurance that the CLP isn't just an elaborate internet joke played on noobs would be helpful.

No, its not a hoax.  You used be able to get ahold of casual lists of the units available thru CLP w/ prices.  The 7D & 60D (not to mention rebels) have been available for some time.  Although the only CLP purchase I've made was a rebel as a gift for someone. That was about 18 months ago.   Hopefully your experience is just that representative although it may be a new (temporary?) policy change. 

To be honest, I usually just pick bodies up when their refurbs go on sale. If you time it right, they're cheaper & you don't have to mess with finding/returning a "broken" powershot.

You may want to wait a few days and call back.  If you get the same person, hang up and keep trying until you get someone different.  And don't repeat whatever the other csr told, just tell them your powershot broke & you want to see about upgrading to a DSLR & see what they say.  Please come back & let us all know how it turns out!
still a 5D2 fan

sagittariansrock

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »

Yes, no and no, respectively.
I called them a month ago asking about the 5DIII and they offered a price of 2379 (15% off of refurb price) for ANY broken Canon camera (ended up deciding not to go FF right now). Didn't need any secret code. Oh, and have the serial number of your trade-in handy when ordering.
EOS 5DIII, EOS 5D | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, TS-E 17mm f/4L, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM, 1.4x III, 2x III | 600-EX-RT x3

thejoyofsobe

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 08:44:29 AM »

Yes, no and no, respectively.
I called them a month ago asking about the 5DIII and they offered a price of 2379 (15% off of refurb price) for ANY broken Canon camera (ended up deciding not to go FF right now). Didn't need any secret code. Oh, and have the serial number of your trade-in handy when ordering.
Thanks for your encouragement. I called again today and while the Canon 6D is not yet available the CSR was very upfront about the program very helpful.

This confirms I just got a bad CSR the first time. Guess I'll just have keep calling to check on regular intervals to see when the 6D is finally available. Oh well.

If anyone is able to confirm the 6D is available I and probably others would appreciate a heads up.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:52:21 AM by thejoyofsobe »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 08:44:29 AM »