April 17, 2014, 09:39:58 AM

Author Topic: EOS 7D Replacement Mentioned Again [CR1]  (Read 17541 times)

thepancakeman

• 7D
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: EOS 7D Replacement Mentioned Again [CR1]
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2014, 04:37:18 PM »
In less than 5 months, it'll be 5 years since the 7D was announced and nothing so far indicates that a 7D II will ever be released ... I've lost my interest in it and if it does get released, I most likely will not buy one.

On the other hand, if it never gets released, I most certainly will not buy one :)

On the other hand...wait, how many hands does this beast have??...I will almost certainly buy one.   8)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2014, 04:37:18 PM »

jrista

• 1D X
  • POTATO
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »
In less than 5 months, it'll be 5 years since the 7D was announced and nothing so far indicates that a 7D II will ever be released ... I've lost my interest in it and if it does get released, I most likely will not buy one.

And when it turns out to be the best camera in Canon's lineup from a <insertyourpreferredfeaturehere> (1D X excluded from comparison :P), you'll most definitely be interested again! :D

While it is pretty odd that the 7D replacement has taken so long to deamorphize, I don't think it will arrive and be a dud, either. The 7D was (is?) one of Canon's most popular cameras, and they have to know that there are very high expectations for it's replacement. While it's certainly a personal choice whether to buy one or not, to not buy one just because it hit the streets later than you wanted is hardly a good reason. ;P And I think it's interesting for the very fact that it's taking so long...it just....HAS to be GOOD! Right?!
My Photography
Current Gear: Canon 7D | Canon EF 600mm f/4 L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS | EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 50mm f/1.4
New Gear List: Canon 5D III/7D II | Canon EF 300mm f/2.8 L II

East Wind Photography

• 6D
  • EWP
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2014, 08:25:54 PM »

And when it turns out to be the best camera in Canon's lineup from a <insertyourpreferredfeaturehere> (1D X excluded from comparison :P), you'll most definitely be interested again! :D

While it is pretty odd that the 7D replacement has taken so long to deamorphize, I don't think it will arrive and be a dud, either. The 7D was (is?) one of Canon's most popular cameras, and they have to know that there are very high expectations for it's replacement. While it's certainly a personal choice whether to buy one or not, to not buy one just because it hit the streets later than you wanted is hardly a good reason. ;P And I think it's interesting for the very fact that it's taking so long...it just....HAS to be GOOD! Right?!

It has to be better than the current 7d....so that would make it the best canon aps-c available...when it is available. Ive held out buying a 2nd 5diii.  As i see it, just waiting for the pre-orders to start.  ;)

ems1

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »
From the UK magazine T3 - "A firmware update in 2012  improved Canon’s aging 7D  DSLR greatly, but now the  Mark II is officially on the  way. It’s been road-tested  at the Winter Olympics and  will have another outing  at the World Cup before  landing in time for Chrimbo"

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2014, 03:07:19 PM »
From the UK magazine T3 - "A firmware update in 2012  improved Canon’s aging 7D  DSLR greatly, but now the  Mark II is officially on the  way. It’s been road-tested  at the Winter Olympics and  will have another outing  at the World Cup before  landing in time for Chrimbo"

I think all will agree that it will be out before Christmas.... but the big question is which Christmas?
The best camera is the one in your hands

mkabi

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2014, 06:45:34 PM »

They need to put it through a second run through before releasing it?
Ok, at least an official announcement would be nice.
Canon 7D - EF-S 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS, EF 50mm f/1.4, EF 100mm f/2.0, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 & Sigma EX DG 17-35mm 1:2.8-4

MintChocs

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Today at 06:10:17 AM »

I think all will agree that it will be out before Christmas.... but the big question is which Christmas?

Ha ha ROFL

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #141 on: Today at 06:10:17 AM »