September 17, 2014, 01:52:18 PM

Author Topic: Wrecked my 6D today, what a POS  (Read 17838 times)

Pandypix

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked my 6D today, what a POS
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2013, 04:29:38 AM »
I can't get  rin cot locally o I m going to go really budget for the next trip away a large size zip lock bag will suffice for now. Hoping for sunshine as we are heading north for surf and catch up with family. Queensland we are coming  8)
Jill
70D + a few lenses (500D up for sale hubby said it had to go too much clutter)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2013, 04:29:38 AM »

Snook

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:39 PM »
Attached is a iPhone photo of my 6D I took after a spontaneous sunset shoot. It was raining heavily and this bag was all I had. It worked perfectly and kept my camera dry. I personally would never use my 6D exposed to harsh elements. This just goes to show that in a pinch, a clear plastic bag can do the job.
Canon 6D -- 24-105 f/4L -- 50mm f/1.8

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »
So I got over my initial dislike last year of a few of the corners Canon took with the 6D (like 1/4000 max shutter speed) because the image quality was on par with my 5D3.  Today shooting the Collingwood Ontario Elvis festival in the rain with a EF 400mm 2.8 IS on my 5D3 and a 14mm 2.8 II on my 6D and I was shocked to find that my 6D stopped responding after about 20 minutes in sporadic rain.  I got home, opened things up to inspect and found felt-like material at all the seams rather than the expected rubber material that even my EF-S mount 2009 era 7D has.  I'm sorry, but F$#%K you Canon, for my couple of grand I want you to not skimp out on maybe a dollar's worth of sealing material.  My 6D is now in a bowl of rice in my cranked up to the max infrared sauna, I'll see if my hatred of Canon corner cutting sticks.  No wonder I enjoy developing EOS mount solutions for 60's to mid 80's era Canon manual focus lenses, its before they started sucking like it was a sport.

Edit, a few hours later:

Well, the bowl of rice and a couple of hours in the dry sauna seem to have brought the body back to life thankfully.  I'm thinking that the 6D problems had something to do with the fact that it was hanging mostly from my shoulder with the rear buttons facing the rain where my 5D3 was mostly top up since they look like they should both share the same "weatherproofing" levels.

-Ed Mika

The 7D rules!!!  8)
What is truth?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2013, 12:13:57 AM »