I've been looking for an external live view screen for better macro focusing and here is what I've found so far (I don't want to use the normal external monitors):
1. The Canon DSLR Controller for iOS is designed for an iphone, not a tablet. If you run it on a tablet, which you can, you only get the same physical layout as the iphone i.e. app in the center of the tablet with a ton of white space.
2. I've heard anecdotal stories by users using Windows Tablet PRO, LR4.x to tether via usb cable.
3. I pinged the guys at B&H asking about an android tablet, and they could not find anything that would work, and they have deep technical resources
4. The wireless solutions, besides the Canon DSLR Controller, all seem to be to view after capture, not Live View.
5. The videos on lynda.com and Kelby about lighting, show tethering using a laptop
I will probably go to the Goodwill and get a used TV tray to use as a laptop stand, and use a Win7 laptop to tether...