Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

Picture styles

(1/4) > >>

luciolepri:
Which one do you use, for what kind of job and why?

When I have complete control of the lighting, like on a set, I usually try to get an in-camera look as near as possible to the final look I want to get, so I usually create a specific style for each film, modifing an existing style or creating a new one with that infernal tool that is Canon's Picture Style Editor. Unfortunately I don't know about any other software that can do the work...

When I don't have control over the lighting and I know I won't have much time for the color grading, like when I'm shooting events or corporate videos, I usually choose the "Neutral" style, setting sharpness to "0" and sometimes lowering the contrast as much as possible.

When I don't have control over the lighting but I know I'll have time for a proper color grading, I often use the Technicolor CineStyle v1.0, which is the only "flat" style I really like. And the only one I know that is able to increase so much the DR, without showing too much noise.

These are the picture styles I tried so far:
Technicolor CineStyle, Marvels Cine, cineplus Picture Styles, Canon Video Camera X-Series Look, Flaat picture styles, ExtraFlat Picture Style, Superflat Picture Style

What about you?

neuroanatomist:
I shoot in RAW and I convert using DxO.  So, Picture Style is irrelevant except insofar as it affects the histogram.  I use Neutral.

verysimplejason:
I use neutral too, shoot raw, process in LR.

Drizzt321:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on July 31, 2013, 09:27:52 PM ---I shoot in RAW and I convert using DxO.  So, Picture Style is irrelevant except insofar as it affects the histogram.  I use Neutral.

--- End quote ---

I believe OP is talking about video, not stills. Unless you're shooting with the 5d3 alpha raw video. In which case you're absolutely right, Picture Style is largely irrelevant.

Nirmala:

--- Quote from: verysimplejason on July 31, 2013, 10:26:14 PM ---I use neutral too, shoot raw, process in LR.

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version