Image & Video Galleries > Landscape

Perseid Meteor Shower Aug. 11-12 2013

(1/9) > >>

jrista:
Just in case anyone likes photographing meteor showers, the Perseids peak on August 11th and 12th. I am not sure I'll be able to get any shots...Colorado has been experiencing pretty powerful thunderstorms every evening and through most of the night for about a week now. *sob!*  :'(

Anyway, if anyone manages to capture any night sky photos of the shower, I'd love to see some posted here! :)

http://www.space.com/22133-summer-meteor-showers-2013.html

niteclicks:
 I had clouds here again too. Every major event other than Pannstars has been a bust for me the last two years.
 The summer skies are my favorite but the humidity this year has been like shooting though a fish bowl. :(

jrista:

--- Quote from: niteclicks on August 13, 2013, 09:32:00 AM --- I had clouds here again too. Every major event other than Pannstars has been a bust for me the last two years.
 The summer skies are my favorite but the humidity this year has been like shooting though a fish bowl. :(

--- End quote ---

Aye...too cloudy here as well. Totally agree about the humidity...I live in Colorado, which is usually pretty arid. This year has been very strange in that we have relatively high humidity (sometimes 90-100%). I am hoping that by the time October/November rolls around and Comet ISON fills the sky!

emag:
From the you-think-that's-bad department......Florida Panhandle here.  In August, 90% humidity would be considered arid.  Just in case the unimagineable occurs and the sky clears up for one evening, we have Ninja mosquitoes just waiting for us to be foolish enough to set up scopes and cameras.  In all my years here, I have once and only once enjoyed astrophotography on an August night.  It was while a hurricane was crossing central Florida and sucking dry air over Pensacola, dropped to the low 60's that night, it felt frigid.  A few weeks later we were hit by Hurricane Ivan, took out the U.S. Interstate 10 bridge over the bay and knocked out power for weeks.  But oh how gourgeous the skies were after that.....dark, clear, no light pollution.  We slept in the screen room because it was too hot in the house, I still recall seeing the Pleiades rising through the branches of the leafless trees in my back yard.

niteclicks:
I guess we should find out in a couple weeks how ISON is progressing, I hope it has brightened. November here in Oklahoma usually are some of our best skies and weather. I learned a lot with Pannstars and have better East views available , only down side I'm not a morning person. :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version