July 30, 2014, 06:41:09 PM

Author Topic: *UPDATE 2* Art Wolfe Confirms the 1Ds Mark IV?  (Read 13516 times)

Vinniej

Re: *UPDATE 2* Art Wolfe Confirms the 1Ds Mark IV?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 05:16:35 AM »
It's all a publicity stunt!  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 05:16:35 AM »

NormanBates

• 6D
  • www.similaar.com
    • View Profile
    • www.similaar.com
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 05:58:56 AM »
my thoughts: they guy who manages the facebook page (and who posted here) didn't know his boss had signed an NDA

to canon: I hope no punishment goes their way: this leak only got your customers excited, and it's not that they'd stop buying 1Ds3 bodies now... given that they're perennially out of stock

canon bringing out stuff that you'd think is only internal is quite common; there are hacked 5D2 bodies out there that do stuff that regular 5D2 bodies would not do, in hands of pro video guys, in the field, with no canon reps around...

Forceflow

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 06:56:16 AM »
I've given you the truth at this point. There were 27 students there all borrowing what they could get their hands on, if you think this is the kind of event that Canon is going to 'test out' secret new camera backs then there is really nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. 

Honestly I think this tells it all. Do you really think Canon would agree to that? 27 students and one experimental camera body that would be worth a lot of money in the wrong hands? Not to mention that even if by some magic they would have gotten strict NDAs out of those guys you couldn't enforce them. Too many people at the same event, too easy to let some information out anonymously.

I agree that it was one hell of a bad typo, but I find the typo explanation much more believable than anything else.
Canon 7D - Canon 50mm 1.8 - Canon 24-70mm 2.8 L - Canon 100-400mm 4.5-5.6 L IS - SIGMA 85mm 1.4 - SIGMA 150mm 2.8 OS Macro - SIGMA 10-20mm 3,5

Bob Howland

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2011, 07:40:04 AM »
I've given you the truth at this point. There were 27 students there all borrowing what they could get their hands on, if you think this is the kind of event that Canon is going to 'test out' secret new camera backs then there is really nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. 

Honestly I think this tells it all. Do you really think Canon would agree to that? 27 students and one experimental camera body that would be worth a lot of money in the wrong hands? Not to mention that even if by some magic they would have gotten strict NDAs out of those guys you couldn't enforce them. Too many people at the same event, too easy to let some information out anonymously.

I agree that it was one hell of a bad typo, but I find the typo explanation much more believable than anything else.

Uh, how do you know that there were 27 students in the workshop? If williamdedwards is lying about the existence of the 1Ds4, he might also lie about the number of students. Potentially, we're talking about a mistake that could cost him his job and/or his employer a fair chunk of money.

I really wish Canon would just introduce their &%$#@ camera(s). This is getting old!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:42:16 AM by Bob Howland »

Forceflow

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 08:50:56 AM »
Well, the original entry did talk about it being a workshop, so at least that part would be true. I am sure somebody can dig around the internet and find the workshop information about what it actually was...
Canon 7D - Canon 50mm 1.8 - Canon 24-70mm 2.8 L - Canon 100-400mm 4.5-5.6 L IS - SIGMA 85mm 1.4 - SIGMA 150mm 2.8 OS Macro - SIGMA 10-20mm 3,5

justicend

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 09:09:50 AM »
All we need is www.canontypo.com  CT1 CT2 CT3 can post their typo there.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2011, 09:09:50 AM »