October 01, 2014, 09:19:59 PM

Author Topic: *UPDATE 2* Art Wolfe Confirms the 1Ds Mark IV?  (Read 14002 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • Canon Rumors
*UPDATE 2* Art Wolfe Confirms the 1Ds Mark IV?
« on: September 13, 2011, 10:05:04 AM »

From Art Wolfe’s Facebook Status

“I just wanted to extend an extra thank you to @Michael Gurley from Canon for bringing the keys to the candy store this past weekend for the workshop participants. Mike brought with him just about every Canon lens from the widest fish eyes, tilt shift, macro and on through through 800mm along with numerous backs including the new 1DS Mark 4. Everyone had a great time trying out new lenses and backs and we really appreciate it.”

Art would be a guy that would have an advanced look, I’m just not sure it wasn’t a typo. The NDA he’d be under would be strict.

*UPDATE*

Apparently Art updated his status to say “1D Mark IV”. Probably a typo………. The weird thing is he also removed the word “new”. Sometimes I randomly add the word “new” to sentences as new well.

*UPDATE 2*

Art Wolfe’s friend who posted the Facebook status line has written in with a big apology for riling up the Canon masses with a post that was in error. They were using 1Ds Mark IIIs and 1D Mark IVs on their workshop.

He apologizes for the frenzy that has been created.

cr

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

*UPDATE 2* Art Wolfe Confirms the 1Ds Mark IV?
« on: September 13, 2011, 10:05:04 AM »

KWSW

Re: Art Wolfe Confirms the 1Ds Mark IV?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
woah... so it's finally coming?

docsavage123

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »
As I posted it last night its still on the CR facebook page the before and after. The art wolfe fan page is run by a moderator I suspect was put in place then removed then put back modified when they realised what they had put.

See my other post regarding this with the before and after posting.

Canon 7D, 6D, 100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS, 400mm F5.6L, 70-200 F4L, 1.4 EXT ii, EF100 F2.8 Macro,  40mm Pancake, Sigma 24-70EX DG F2.8, Sigma 17-35 F2.8-4 HSM, Sigma 18-50 F2.8-4 OS , EX430 II.

pgabor

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:36:06 AM »
Even if it was not a typo, they will claim that it was.

DavidRiesenberg

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • David Riesenberg
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:40:15 AM »
Mr. Wolfe might very likely have inside knowledge of future products and as such, as mentioned, be subject to a strict NDA. However, the participants of his workshop are not. That's why I find it extremely hard to believe Canon would bring a yet undisclosed product to such an event.

TexPhoto

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 10:47:07 AM »
The naming structure of the Canons makes a slip like this way too easy.  And I have to agree, this would not have been the place for a demo.

kubelik

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • a teatray in the sky
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »
I really doubt they'd unleash the 1Ds IV for a workshop ... that's like BMW accidentally leaving a 2013 M series at a random dealership for me to test drive.  never going to happen.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »

dougkerr

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • The Pumpkin
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 11:02:11 AM »
HI, CR,

Art would be a guy that would have an advanced look, I’m just not sure it wasn’t a typo.
A typo vs. what?

Best regards,

Doug

Lawliet

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »
A typo vs. what?

A mental slip;an accidental jump between two similar thoughts.

etto72

Re: *UPDATE* Art Wolfe Confirms the 1Ds Mark IV?
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 11:30:02 AM »
<div name=\"googleone_share_1\" style=\"position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; margin: 70px 0 0 0;\"><g:plusone size=\"tall\" count=\"1\" href=\"http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/09/art-wolfe-confirms-the-1ds-mark-iv/\"></g:plusone></div><div id=\"fb_share_1\" style=\"float: right; margin: 0 -50px 0 10px;\"><a name=\"fb_share\" type=\"box_count\" share_url=\"http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/09/art-wolfe-confirms-the-1ds-mark-iv/\" href=\"http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php\">Share</a></div><div><script src=\"http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share\" type=\"text/javascript\"></script></div><div class=\"tweetmeme_button\" style=\"float: right; margin-left: 10px;\"><a class=\"tm_button\" rel=\"&style=normal&b=2\" href=\"http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/09/art-wolfe-confirms-the-1ds-mark-iv/\"></a></div>
<p><strong>From Art Wolfe’s Facebook Status</strong></p>
<blockquote><p>“I just wanted to extend an extra thank you to @Michael Gurley from Canon for bringing the keys to the candy store this past weekend for the workshop participants. Mike brought with him just about every Canon lens from the widest fish eyes, tilt shift, macro and on through through 800mm along with numerous backs including the new 1DS Mark 4. Everyone had a great time trying out new lenses and backs and we really appreciate it.”</p></blockquote>
<p>Art would be a guy that would have an advanced look, I’m just not sure it wasn’t a typo. The NDA he’d be under would be strict.</p>
<p><strong>*UPDATE*<br />

</strong>Apparently Art updated his status to say “1D Mark IV”. Probably a typo……….</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong><span style=\"color: #ff0000;\">c</span>r</strong></p>

Listen
I saw  Art's  Facebook page  before he corrected to 1D 4
if it was a typo.... why would he write in the original post  "the new 1Ds IV" ??
the 1D IV is almost 2 years old!!
....this is not a typo

hope it comes soon,I cant wait anymore!

nikkito

• 7D
  • Argentine freelance photographer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook photo page
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 11:44:36 AM »
ha!

i "new" it!!!! 8)
www.nicolaszonvi.com - www.facebook.com/zonviphoto

1D X, 5D Mk III, 5D Mk II, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200L IS, 85 f1.2, 40 f2.8, 50 f1.4, Sigma 10-20 and many other toy cameras.

ers811

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Listen
I saw  Art's  Facebook page  before he corrected to 1D 4
if it was a typo.... why would he write in the original post  "the new 1Ds IV" ??
the 1D IV is almost 2 years old!!
....this is not a typo

hope it comes soon,I cant wait anymore!

I was wondering the same thing.... "new"?  It would not surprise me at all if Canon was behind a lot of inconsistent rumors.... but a random workshop reference?  Weird...

Mark D5 TEAM II

• 1D X
  • Proud N0ink 0wnz0r / crApple iFruitcake H4t3r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 11:59:17 AM »
Apparently Art updated his status to say “1D Mark IV”. Probably a typo………. The weird thing is he also removed the word “new”. Sometimes I randomly add the word “new” to sentences as new well.

Pure gold.  ;D

I wanna have that digital "back" be interchangeable, with a "power winder" that advances 10 frames per sec., with a wider "exposure latitude" and "fine-grained" pattern at "high ASA" , a "high-eyepoint" viewfinder, preferably with "eye-controlled focus" and powered by a "Decision Master 2000©®". Lulz.
Nikon NSF16 5-Leaf Dual-Blade Industrial Fan ¦ Nikon NTMFI-H1 Dry Heavy Flat Iron ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMRC1-2S Rice Cooker “Limited Edition” ¦ Nikon Tough Mama NTMJK18-S Stainless Electric Kettle Plate Type ¦ Nikon NHT 2-in-1 Curling Iron & Straightener in One ¦ Nikon N4004s Decision Master System™

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 11:59:17 AM »

HTCahHTC

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 12:06:48 PM »
HAHAHA this is freaking hilarious.

"sometimes I randomly add the word 'new' to my sentences"

UncleFester

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »
Probably Art gets free stuff from Canon all the time - but not betas.

Gurley probably brought a new 1Ds to the workshop.

Did he accidentally post anything about a 5D III?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 12:09:51 PM »