December 21, 2014, 07:12:26 PM

Author Topic: I want to buy an 5D mk ii + 24-105 L IS kit over internet...  (Read 7366 times)

jonathangrills

• Power Shot G7X
  • EOS 5D2 & 7D
    • View Profile
Re: I want to buy an 5D mk ii + 24-105 L IS kit over internet...
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »
Just looked at the links on the PriceWatch page...the only three that don't say "Out of Stock" are BigValueInc, BuyDig.com and CameraCanada.  The BuyDig.com, at $1919, takes you to a page on their site, but there's no "add to cart" button...so no luck there.  The BigValue link, at $3832, takes to you an eBay page...but for that price, I'd go for a Mark III.  And the CamearCanada link, at $2049, takes you to their main page.  If you search for "5D mark ii" you do see a listing for a used one...at $1299, but it's "We are sold out of these again but hope to get more in soon!".

I actually picked up a 5D2 about two months ago...used (~14K actuations), at Henry's here in Canada.  I looked at CameraCanada and they're page looked then like it does now..."We are sold out of these again but hope to get more in soon!"
5D2, 7D, T1i, SX50, G9 | 28 f/1.8, 40 f/2.8, 50 f/1.8, 100 macro f/2.8, Sigma 10-22, 18-55, Tamron 28-75, 28-135, 55-250, 70-300, Tamron 200-500 | 270EX, 320EX, 430EXII, 580EXII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »

vecihi

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 02:36:14 PM »
Pssst... go to CanonRumors.com... at the top of the home page... there is a section called "Price Watch," located under the search box. Go to Cameras and click on EOS, you will find your Mark II there... hurry cause there isn't much stock in many places.

I have tried but they' re not available :(
I have sended them e-mails but i did not get any answer....Maybe i can find a good 2nd hand in Turkey..

vecihi

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 02:41:13 PM »
The whole thing doesn't make a lot of sense.  Why buy an old generation camera when the 6D really does deliver better pictures.

Maybe, but the OP was quite clear, several times. He wants the 5D2, period.

Yes. It's like talking to a child. No, on second thought, it's like talking to a wall. A child might actually be reasonable.  8)

He really should buy a 5D3. Then he can have all the things he wants in a 5D2, with the IQ of a 6D. But then, "[h]e wants the 5D2, period".

Why try to tell him that he'd be spending his money on an inferior camera? He's heard it already and he's clearly not looking for advice.

If i win a lottary, i' ll buy mkiii or 1D. If you don't feel the difference between 0,2 eV and  1/200 sync, i' m the wall

Pi

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Math and Photography
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 07:01:10 PM »
He really should buy a 5D3. Then he can have all the things he wants in a 5D2, with the IQ of a 6D. But then, "[h]e wants the 5D2, period".

Yeah, and the 1DX for a backup. With the new Zeiss 50/1.4.

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »
Quote from: vecihi on Today at 05:03:32 PM

http://www.berger-bros.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD
    Do they have the kit or the web site is outdated?  :D

It shows 5D II kit in stock for $2,999.99  and they do ship for free worldwide.(click help and check international shipping)  Do your country charge custom duty and tax for import ? Will Canon in Turkey honor warranty ?

It looks like the kit in the stock but i'm not sure it is realy in stock.
Because i give an order New York Photo & Camera and new day they refund my money because of the kit out of stock. Also if you check http://www.canonrumors.com/cameras/canon-rumors-price-watch/ for 5D, it shows buyding.com has the kit and buyding web site gives no warning, but there is no order/price link in the page :D
I' ll ship it to my friend in NJ and she'll handcarry it for me. If they send it directly to Turkey, customs apply %18tax :D

I've looked for you at several other good online stores, but they are all out.  Those on ebay are listed at crazy high prices. 

They are currently in stock refurbished directly from Canon, and carry a 1 year warranty.  I bought a refurb, and it was near mint, only a few shutter actuations.  I used it for a year before getting my MK III and selling it.

If your friend is able to order it shipped to him or her,  That's a option.  You cannot order them from out of the USA, so you need someone in the USA to order it for you.
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras/eos-5d-mark-ii-body-refurbished

thgmuffin

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 05:09:39 AM »
Honestly the difference between 1/4000 and 1/8000 is literally nothing.

vecihi

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 06:35:32 AM »
Quote from: vecihi on Today at 05:03:32 PM

http://www.berger-bros.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD
    Do they have the kit or the web site is outdated?  :D

It shows 5D II kit in stock for $2,999.99  and they do ship for free worldwide.(click help and check international shipping)  Do your country charge custom duty and tax for import ? Will Canon in Turkey honor warranty ?

It looks like the kit in the stock but i'm not sure it is realy in stock.
Because i give an order New York Photo & Camera and new day they refund my money because of the kit out of stock. Also if you check http://www.canonrumors.com/cameras/canon-rumors-price-watch/ for 5D, it shows buyding.com has the kit and buyding web site gives no warning, but there is no order/price link in the page :D
I' ll ship it to my friend in NJ and she'll handcarry it for me. If they send it directly to Turkey, customs apply %18tax :D

I've looked for you at several other good online stores, but they are all out.  Those on ebay are listed at crazy high prices. 

They are currently in stock refurbished directly from Canon, and carry a 1 year warranty.  I bought a refurb, and it was near mint, only a few shutter actuations.  I used it for a year before getting my MK III and selling it.

If your friend is able to order it shipped to him or her,  That's a option.  You cannot order them from out of the USA, so you need someone in the USA to order it for you.
http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras/eos-5d-mark-ii-body-refurbished

Thank you, this is very helpfull :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 06:35:32 AM »

vecihi

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 06:39:21 AM »

I know that this difference is nothing. But i type it to say "6D is not a higher level body, it has  new type sensor  advantages."  You know for canon if the number is small, body is better :D   5<6 :P

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »

I know that this difference is nothing. But i type it to say "6D is not a higher level body, it has  new type sensor  advantages."  You know for canon if the number is small, body is better :D   5<6 :P
You can get a 1D for almost nothing, it must be a lot better, its a lower number ;D .  Age does have something to do with it, the 5D MK II is a 5 year old design.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-1D-4-2-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Body-Only-/171101247590?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item27d66dd866

vecihi

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »

You can get a 1D for almost nothing, it must be a lot better, its a lower number ;D .  Age does have something to do with it, the 5D MK II is a 5 year old design.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-1D-4-2-MP-Digital-SLR-Camera-Black-Body-Only-/171101247590?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item27d66dd866

Nice price,  2.nd hand 400D is more expensive in Turkey.   

Jim O

• EOS M2
  • Driving the short bus
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 12:36:17 PM »

I think there are a lot of people here who would argue that the 7D is a superior camera to the 6D. I'm not one of them. I just think they're different. But 6 is less than 7 so by your argument 6D is better.

In any given release cycle, your argument has some validity, but you cannot compare a 5D to a 6D or a 7D. And you cannot compare a 5D2 to either of them either. You are grasping at straws. And of course, the 70D looks to be a big improvement over the 60D, but that's a different numbering system.

You complain about the sync speed. Why not get a 7D? It's sync speed is 1/250th. So is that of the 60D. Or better yet, get a leaf shutter camera that can sync at any speed. Or, just use high speed sync if you really want 1/200th.

Back to the 7D, it also has more FPS and superior AF than the 5D2, and you can use the Sigma 10-20 that you already have. Sure the sensor is smaller, but the body is at least arguably superior. And it's still being manufactured. They were on eBay now from Adorama refurbished by Canon for $849 but they've raised the price to $949 for the last one. They sold a lot of them at $849.

Worried about 1/4000 vs 1/8000? Get a ND filter for each of your lenses. Or get a 7D.

You have been advised by many experienced and knowledgeable photographers here that you are making a mistake in seeking a "new" 5D2. A used one would be a different story, as they can be a bargain. You insist that you know better by picking at small details out of context from the whole picture. We call this "missing the forest for the trees" in English.

My assessment is that you are either a child or a troll. I know you'll say that you are neither, but there really is no other explanation.

BTW, if you really want a 5D2 you can get a Canon USA refurbished model with a full one year USA warranty for $1,759.20 at http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras/eos-5d-mark-ii-body-refurbished.

My experience with Canon refurbished products is that they are like new, and generally have been thoroughly checked for any problems, and brought to factory specs. Their quality control is perhaps better than on new gear. They come in a white box, but that is really the only difference.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:48:53 PM by Jim O »
When people see you arguing with an idiot on the internet, all they see is two idiots arguing.

vecihi

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »

I think there are a lot of people here who would argue that the 7D is a superior camera to the 6D. I'm not one of them. I just think they're different. But 6 is less than 7 so by your argument 6D is better.

In any given release cycle, your argument has some validity, but you cannot compare a 5D to a 6D or a 7D. And you cannot compare a 5D2 to either of them either. You are grasping at straws. And of course, the 70D looks to be a big improvement over the 60D, but that's a different numbering system.

You complain about the sync speed. Why not get a 7D? It's sync speed is 1/250th. So is that of the 60D. Or better yet, get a leaf shutter camera that can sync at any speed. Or, just use high speed sync if you really want 1/200th.

Back to the 7D, it also has more FPS and superior AF than the 5D2, and you can use the Sigma 10-20 that you already have. Sure the sensor is smaller, but the body is at least arguably superior. And it's still being manufactured. They were on eBay now from Adorama refurbished by Canon for $849 but they've raised the price to $949 for the last one. They sold a lot of them at $849.

Worried about 1/4000 vs 1/8000? Get a ND filter for each of your lenses. Or get a 7D.

You have been advised by many experienced and knowledgeable photographers here that you are making a mistake in seeking a "new" 5D2. A used one would be a different story, as they can be a bargain. You insist that you know better by picking at small details out of context from the whole picture. We call this "missing the forest for the trees" in English.

My assessment is that you are either a child or a troll. I know you'll say that you are neither, but there really is no other explanation.

BTW, if you really want a 5D2 you can get a Canon USA refurbished model with a full one year USA warranty for $1,759.20 at http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/refurbished-eos-digital-slr-cameras/eos-5d-mark-ii-body-refurbished.

My experience with Canon refurbished products is that they are like new, and generally have been thoroughly checked for any problems, and brought to factory specs. Their quality control is perhaps better than on new gear. They come in a white box, but that is really the only difference.

I'll not buy a 7D because i already have 50D. I don't want to change my 50D because of fps, 1/4000 etc.
For 50D ISO performance and focusing is problem, if i talk about total performance, still i' m happy with my camera.
I want 5D because of it is full frame, my friends has it, i have used it.  I can buy a 6D but not now, because my camera is still works, and 6D will be available for a long time...  I' ll never buy a 7D because it is not a full frame. if i change my camera i' ll buy a fullframe...  Thanks for your help

One of my friend is now in Europe tour, maybe he'll buy a mk3, than i'll buy his mk2.

Jim O

• EOS M2
  • Driving the short bus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
I'll not buy a 7D because i already have 50D. I don't want to change my 50D because of fps, 1/4000 etc.
For 50D ISO performance and focusing is problem, if i talk about total performance, still i' m happy with my camera.
I want 5D because of it is full frame, my friends has it, i have used it.  I can buy a 6D but not now, because my camera is still works, and 6D will be available for a long time...  I' ll never buy a 7D because it is not a full frame. if i change my camera i' ll buy a fullframe...  Thanks for your help

One of my friend is now in Europe tour, maybe he'll buy a mk3, than i'll buy his mk2.

I guess I left out the [SARCASM][/SARCASM] bbcode. I was following your absurd arguments, that's all.

Sheesh!

I'm done with this thread. Peace out.
When people see you arguing with an idiot on the internet, all they see is two idiots arguing.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »

vecihi

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »
Not my luck week :D
For refurbish canon need an account ...When i try to create it says
"Login Information:

Our systems are currently undergoing maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back soon."

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »