November 27, 2014, 12:49:38 PM

Author Topic: Your wishlist for your next body...  (Read 14950 times)

Jonny2nite

Re: Your wishlist for your next body...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 12:46:17 AM »
This is probably going to happen in the future but I bet the BIG companies will not embrace this for a while but I would like to see it sooner than later.

Apps for the camera.

I have a Android camera and there are some really cool apps that I can install on the camera. Imagine all the cool things you could do if you could run any software on your camera and it can control all the camera features to do what you want! I also hope for wireless device connectivity so as I take a photo the camera sends the file to my phone and my phone can store as a backup and upload to the internet. I know eye-fi  has something like this but I think if it was built in with the apps capability it could really be awesome.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 12:46:17 AM »

Dave

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 12:53:40 AM »
Agreed... But the classic camera companies will refuse to think that far.
I'm also sure that this is the future. But I guess there will be an other company who will first bring a camera with apps. Maybe google or apple... Unlikely but not impossible.

JimKarczewski

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 02:26:57 AM »
VOICE TAGS for cameras other than the 1D line????

I can't yet afford a 1D, even though I shoot sports.   7D/5D would have no issues with adding tags, just a matter of adding the software in the firmware, since they already have mics.   Just annoys the hell out of me that Nikon does it with lower end bodies and canon doesn't.

jabeling

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 03:09:54 AM »
My ideal 5D Mark III:

For Photography:
1   Better AF, more cross censors. (Specially for use with wide aperture L lenses)
2   Even better high ISO
3   No more MP
4   Faster shutter (for Hypersync use with Pocketwizard)

For Video:
5   Reliable High Res (flip-) screen
6   Better noise amp
7   Live on screen audio monitoring
8   Headphone out for monitoring sound
9   RAW Video
(10 Video AF)

-------------------
www.abeling.nl

Forceflow

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
    • My Gallery
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »
Well, why not join the fun...

My 7D Mark II wishlist

* keep it APS-C
* moderately higher MP (maybe 21)
* faster (~10fps)
* larger buffer for at least 30 RAW images (or better yet continuous shooting at 10fps)
* changeable focusing screen (split-prism anyone?)
* radio controlled slave flash

Those are the things that I would really like to see in a new 7D. (Besides the obvious of course, less noise, more dynamic range, better overall images)
Canon 7D - Canon 50mm 1.8 - Canon 24-70mm 2.8 L - Canon 100-400mm 4.5-5.6 L IS - SIGMA 85mm 1.4 - SIGMA 150mm 2.8 OS Macro - SIGMA 10-20mm 3,5

messus

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 07:13:52 AM »
There has been discussions about this before here.

Anyway, I do not care about GPS, WIFI etc..

What we need is Canon to focus on: BETTER PICTURE QUALITY AND FASTER HARDWARE (CPU/SHUTTER) !!

Meaning for my 5D3  wishlist:

Much better ISO (2-3 stops)
Much faster writing to memory cards, utilizing UDMA7 fully (100MBps++!!)
No more megapixels please!!
Improved AF
4K RAW video !!

phacopsrana

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 12:04:11 PM »
Wish list?

-5D series body size with 1D series construction and weatherproofing;
-FF, of course, with 100% viewfinder coverage. Resolution is just fine on the 5D II;
-MIRROR UP LEVER, PLEASE!
-Options to customize, much as you would a car. Me, I'd opt for no video, WiFi, GPS, etc.,  for example;
-Simplified interface. Right now there are too many buttons and things buried in Custom Function. Look at the Leica S2 or M9 interface. Beautifully simple. Intuitive. Does not require trying to memorize the manual  :o, tossing the manual in frustration  :-[, futzing around with camera functions, not getting it right, then going back to the manual you pretended to grasp  >:(. 5D II's Customized settings on the upper left dial (the old film rewind location--if people here still remember those things!) are maybe a good compromise.

This body, of course, will never get made. It will be cheaper to make, but the market probably won't be there. But this is a wish list, and I can certainly wish for what amounts to a Canon 5D III Safari body.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 12:04:11 PM »

dealaddict

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »
Although I really hope this is true, based on the history, I don't have much faith in this.  In order to be a Nikon killer, besides the better noise at high ISO and better dynamic range, it needs to have better AF capability. 

If it has all those 3, then it is the 3D that people looking for, and it won't be an entry level FF, I guess. 

danski0224

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
    • Some of my Work in Progress
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 03:06:53 PM »
Well, if this is a wishlist for my next body, I'll take Halle Berry.

Thanks.

;D
Some of my Work in Progress..... www.dftimages.com

UrbanVoyeur

• Rebel SL1
  • To see and be seen.
    • View Profile
    • UrbanVoyeur.com
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »
Eye Movement Focusing!

It wasn't a very popular feature, but I really miss it from my EOS 3 and Elan 7. It was fast, precise, and allowed me to take multiple spot readings without dials.

hambergler

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 06:32:27 PM »
Either 1D Mark V or 5D Mark III

D3S like AF system and Low Light Performance
25-32 MP
1080P @ 60 fps
Improved DR
1.3x and 1.6x Crop Modes
5D III | 24-70 II| 50 1.4| 70-200 2.8 IS II| 600 EX-RTx4| EF 2.0X III

jesrodmar

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »
I would like Canon would add a new focusing mode that would automatically focus at the hyperfocal distance. Thinking about it, the only thing the camera needs to calculate the distance is the focal distance (it knows it), the aperture (it knows it) and the circle of confussion diameter (it's a constant value for each camera). Then the camera would focus the len at that distance. It would be great for night, where there are great difficulties to focus and landscape photography.

In this mode the camera would ignore the focus points and would focus at the hyperfocal distance.

Wouldn't it be great?

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »
I would like Canon would add a new focusing mode that would automatically focus at the hyperfocal distance. Thinking about it, the only thing the camera needs to calculate the distance is the focal distance (it knows it), the aperture (it knows it) and the circle of confussion diameter (it's a constant value for each camera). Then the camera would focus the len at that distance. It would be great for night, where there are great difficulties to focus and landscape photography.

In this mode the camera would ignore the focus points and would focus at the hyperfocal distance.

Wouldn't it be great?

Do you want it Pro AF (not 7D like)?  ;D
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »

JohnC

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »
There's a simple feature I'd like to see. Backlit buttons. In a time when you probably wouldn't consider buying a mobile phone without this feature, it's ridiculous that we still have to fumble around in the dark studio with a camera.
--

mikahyva

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »
15+ megapixels, same type LCD-screen as D60. FF sensor, decent ISO 6400. weather protection. multiple card slot. 1080p/60 fps video, in body interval and long exposure bracketing timer function would be amazing.
battery to last atleast 4 hours of video recording. wireless image transfer (for tethered shooting). in-body IS would be nice too. 1 million cycle shutter life. (i keep on dreaming of most features for long i know)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 05:03:06 PM »