August 31, 2014, 06:42:46 AM

Author Topic: More Medium Format Talk  (Read 10904 times)

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
Re: More Medium Format Talk
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »
You can get a Pentax 645D with lens for about $10K, a Hasselblad starts at about $15K, the Leica at $30K.
None of the above systems are huge sellers, and the whole digital MF market is probably less dollar volume
than Canon will make with the 5DIII.  Why bother?

Wonder if the same could be said about the super telephotos and P&S - at least a few years ago.  P&S sold like hot cakes while big glass lingered on the shelf

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 10:43:19 AM »

9VIII

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2013, 03:04:07 AM »
Canon always need to move forward and get people to spend ever larger amounts of money with them, so after FF, where else is there to go except to MF?

So, you're saying there is a huge block of Canon users who have upgraded their way to 1DX and want more camera?

Yep.

MF isn't about wondering the streets taking snaps of pigeons or taking photo's of your kids pricking about in the garden, it's a serious camera for serious people. It's a commercial camera for commercial projects, product, architecture & fashion. Imagine cropping an image and it still being big enough to print on a billboard or the side of a building. That's it's practical use. The photographers who do this aren't going out to do weddings at £100 a pop.

Don't get disgruntled because this camera isn't aimed at you. It's great that they're having a go at this market and I can't wait to own one :)

I guarantee there will be a segment of the market using these to put funny captions on pictures of cats.

I know that's why I want one, getting action shots indoors is a real struggle (thus, I've never posted any funny cat pictures).
And the Bokeh! crowd will go bonkers.
-100% RAW-

LewisShermer

• EOS M2
  • point shoot hope
    • View Profile
    • Business!
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 06:11:36 AM »
Canon always need to move forward and get people to spend ever larger amounts of money with them, so after FF, where else is there to go except to MF?

So, you're saying there is a huge block of Canon users who have upgraded their way to 1DX and want more camera?

Yep.

MF isn't about wondering the streets taking snaps of pigeons or taking photo's of your kids pricking about in the garden, it's a serious camera for serious people. It's a commercial camera for commercial projects, product, architecture & fashion. Imagine cropping an image and it still being big enough to print on a billboard or the side of a building. That's it's practical use. The photographers who do this aren't going out to do weddings at £100 a pop.

Don't get disgruntled because this camera isn't aimed at you. It's great that they're having a go at this market and I can't wait to own one :)

I guarantee there will be a segment of the market using these to put funny captions on pictures of cats.

I know that's why I want one, getting action shots indoors is a real struggle (thus, I've never posted any funny cat pictures).
And the Bokeh! crowd will go bonkers.

I am the Bokeh! crowd... why have everything in focus when you can have almost nothing in focus??
5Diii, 1Dsiii, 60D, 500D, EX580, loads of crappy flash guns... 28mm 1.8, Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art, 50mm 1.4, 100mm macro 2.8, 24-105mm 4L, 70-200mm 2.8L, lensbaby composer...

www.lewismaxwell.co.uk

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 06:11:36 AM »