September 30, 2014, 01:00:57 PM

Author Topic: Canon Announces the PowerShot S100  (Read 23213 times)

tknull

Re: Canon Announces the PowerShot S100
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 03:23:32 AM »
Just wanted to let you guys know that I just purchased the S100.  Been watching for it to be available... and was about to give up hope of it being available for a trip i'm taking in a few weeks.... especially since it has disappeared from Amazon's website the last few days and I've heard nothing of this being released soon.  But earlier today i came across a thread on another site, mentioning that some Best Buy stores had them (not on the site, but if you went to the store).  Called the local store in San Diego (Mission Valley), and the lady on the phone checked, and said they were out, but that a nearby store (Mira Mesa) had 4.  So I vaulted up there, and sure enough they did.  Nothing on display, so you have to ask about em.  So It'd be worth a call or trip to your local store to check.
P.S.  I haven't used it yet... as I am quite shocked that it does not come with a SD card of any size whatsoever, and i got nothing lying around to throw in, and will have to go to Fry's in the morning to get one.  But I plan to shoot a bunch of photos tomorrow, and if anyone wants anything checked out, let me know.
T.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 03:23:32 AM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 10:55:42 AM »
Thanks for the update!  These days, no camera comes with a memory card.  Get a name brand (SanDisk, Lexar), and it should be fast 20 Mbps for shooting 1080p video.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

davidpbush

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2011, 08:38:01 PM »
Jut called my local Best Buy (actually told my new iPhone 4S to call the best buy in my town, and it did!). Anyway, they have one in stock, but she said they aren't allowed to sell it to me until Sunday the 23rd, because that is when Canon is allowing them to sell it.

Sounded bogus to me, so I'm going to check some other stores today.

davidpbush

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »
Another Best Buy had one and didn't know about waiting so I got it. Charged over night but no chance to do any eval yet.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »
Still don't have the one I pre-ordered.  Amazon still shows delivery by 10/19, although it seems they're no longer taking pre-orders.

New date: Delivery estimate 11/7 - 11/10.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »