No idea when we will get an update. I am just going to wait. I would buy an updated Canon 1.4 or a Sigma Art 50 1.4. I am just to accident prone to go for the current 1.4.
Personally I think it would be smart to release a 50 1.8 STM as a cheep replacement for the first prime most people buy. But all the rumors are pointing to a 50 2.0 IS which would be fine by me if it is a macro. If not I am not interested in a slow 50 with IS.
6D, 60D, Rebel XS, EF-S 15-85, EF 70-200f4L, EF 100f2.8L, Tamron 70-300VC, Tamron 28-75f2.8, Tamron 150-600, EF 40f2.8, EF 50f1.8, EF 85f1.8, EF 24mmf2.8IS EOS M 22f2, 18-55, EOS M-EF adapter, Nex6, A7II, SEL50f18, SEL1018, DN 30f2.8, adpaters and Fd and M42 lens.