September 20, 2014, 10:26:49 AM

Author Topic: Canon Targets Security Camera Market for Growth  (Read 7022 times)

LetTheRightLensIn

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Canon Targets Security Camera Market for Growth
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 02:29:49 PM »

People have already shown how shadows work at ISO1600 vs ISO100 years ago. Hint: it helps a LOT.

I couldn't agree more and cant imagine many would disagree. But BTW to be frank it's quite arguable that these days the difference between iso1600 and iso4000 is much more interesting.

But that is just the basis for this concept. To start drawing conclusions as to what will come out of the R and D is pretty much a waste of time. IMHO That's why I'm more interested in Canon moving into security cameras than in ankorwott's speculation. And just in case you misunderstand the point of that sentence I'd like to make it clear that I am not very interested in security cameras.

Well I think it is pretty clear we could be talking a good 2-3 stops better at ISO100 so that is pretty darn interesting to me! (especially when Canon users rave about how the 6D has better high ISO than the D600, when the 6D DR advantage is like only 1/2 stop at high ISO until you go to super, super high ISO).

And considering that this site constantly poses lens patents and patents for foveon-like sensors and so on, most of which Canon never has any remote plans to ever produce (at least when it comes to the lenses), it seems exceedingly odd that they are burying his DR patent find. Why do all the other patents go main page and this one, which could be some of the biggest news of all does not? Are they afraid it will lead to talk pointing out that Canon has fallen wayyyy behind for low ISO DR at the current point in time on the main page or something or maybe just to annoy Ankor?? None of the other patents they post on the main page point out any current Canon weakness. It just seems odd that this, perhaps most important of all patents they could have posted, is the only one they leave off the front page.

Of course if you consider all patent posting to be a waste, that is fair enough.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 02:29:49 PM »

Skulker

• 7D
  • PP is no vice and as shot is no virtue
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 05:45:43 PM »

People have already shown how shadows work at ISO1600 vs ISO100 years ago. Hint: it helps a LOT.

I couldn't agree more and cant imagine many would disagree. But BTW to be frank it's quite arguable that these days the difference between iso1600 and iso4000 is much more interesting.

But that is just the basis for this concept. To start drawing conclusions as to what will come out of the R and D is pretty much a waste of time. IMHO That's why I'm more interested in Canon moving into security cameras than in ankorwott's speculation. And just in case you misunderstand the point of that sentence I'd like to make it clear that I am not very interested in security cameras.

Well I think it is pretty clear we could be talking a good 2-3 stops better at ISO100 so that is pretty darn interesting to me! (especially when Canon users rave about how the 6D has better high ISO than the D600, when the 6D DR advantage is like only 1/2 stop at high ISO until you go to super, super high ISO).

And considering that this site constantly poses lens patents and patents for foveon-like sensors and so on, most of which Canon never has any remote plans to ever produce (at least when it comes to the lenses), it seems exceedingly odd that they are burying his DR patent find. Why do all the other patents go main page and this one, which could be some of the biggest news of all does not? Are they afraid it will lead to talk pointing out that Canon has fallen wayyyy behind for low ISO DR at the current point in time on the main page or something or maybe just to annoy Ankor?? None of the other patents they post on the main page point out any current Canon weakness. It just seems odd that this, perhaps most important of all patents they could have posted, is the only one they leave off the front page.

Of course if you consider all patent posting to be a waste, that is fair enough.

Its clear you could be talking about what ever you want to you are talking about 2 or 3 stops better at iso100. Without a shred of technical data to back it up, its pure fantasy. What you get may be very different and may be quite some time in the future. When we get some realistic information from a reliable source I will be interested right along with you.

What a surprise that they post information about Canon patents on a Canon forum. Well blow me down I never expected that. There was a moan that poor old Ankorwatt was being ignored. When I tell you why I was not interested in his post you then start silly posts about 6D's. You're as daft as him.

I never said that i thought all Patent posting was a waste of time. For your information I'm very interested in Patents, the difference is that I don't jump to conclusions and start posting predictions about what will come of it. You are just like Ankorwatt, drawing incorrect conclusions from misinterpreting information you have.
If you debate with a fool onlookers can find it VERY difficult to tell the difference.

Don Haines

• Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 06:19:55 PM »
Hahaha Dr. Brain is not alone it seems.

Read back muppets.
And clearly you can join Dr. Brain.....
The best camera is the one in your hands

Skirball

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 07:14:45 PM »

Read back muppets.

Once its got a momentum you cant stop it anymore than turn back the tide. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Might as well.  If it wasn't a school night I'd open a beer.

You seem to be missing the point of college.

paul13walnut5

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 10:04:09 PM »

Read back muppets.

Once its got a momentum you cant stop it anymore than turn back the tide. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Might as well.  If it wasn't a school night I'd open a beer.

You seem to be missing the point of college.

Hahaha!  Did my fair share of school might excess when a student.  School night just a turn of phrase, weekday evening with work the next day would be more accurate, and would have been read as the intended meaning in my vernacular.

Not to worry.  Thanks for the concern.

paul13walnut5

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 10:05:40 PM »

Read back muppets.
And clearly you can join Dr. Brain.....

Too funny!  Hahaha

Don Haines

• Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2013, 02:42:53 PM »
This is not a case of Canon announcing intentions, it is a case of letting us know what has already happened...

Canon Indoor Security Camera
Model Number: VB-M600D

Keep tabs on any indoor space with the high-quality Canon VB-M600D Network Camera. Easy to install, this security camera performs well in low light environments and can be set to tilt, rotate, zoom, and focus from a remote location. Monitor video with efficiency with on-board analytics including moving object, and abandoned object detection.
More Information
•ONVIF version 1.02 conformant

•Exceptional low light performance

•Equipped with Canon's unique Easy Setup PTRZ Tool which allows the Pan, Tilt, Rotation, Zoom and Focus to be set from a remote location after installation

•The 101-degree wide-angle lens maximizes low-light performance allowing it to provide colour video down to .03 Lux and black and white video down to 0.001 Lux

•Sophisticated on-board video analytics, including moving object detection, removed object detection and abandoned object detection

•1.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor provides images with four times the detail of a VGA security camera

•Can be streamed with low bandwidth utilization and disk space usage thanks to the H.264 Codec

The best camera is the one in your hands

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2013, 02:42:53 PM »