September 16, 2014, 03:43:30 AM

Author Topic: Big Sigma Primes [CR2]  (Read 10767 times)

roadrunner

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: Big Sigma Primes [CR2]
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2013, 11:08:32 PM »
Doesn't it seem to anyone else that these should be branded under their SPORT line? I'm personally not a huge fan of the new nomenclature, but it would still be interesting if these can rival the mark II great whites (especially when it comes to AF and image quality with TC's).

Their new nomenclature is terrible. In my opinion, they should have just stuck to two lines. One for top of the line (Art to compete with Canon's L, perhaps?) and the rest. Alas, their art line has been great so far, so I can't criticize them too much.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2013, 11:08:32 PM »

sagittariansrock

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2013, 10:10:14 AM »
+1 I like the 'new' quality (and will probably get the 35 mm this year), but I think the nomenclature is just plain silly, and amateuristic too. Just like a car manufacturer printing 'Off Road" on a 4x4, 'Street' on a passenger car, 'Town' on something small and compact, just so you wouldn't get the wrong model by mistake  ::)

Or, like an expensive line of lens being called "luxury" (L)?
EOS 5DIII, EOS 5D | Rokinon 14mm f/2.8, TS-E 17mm f/4L, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM, 1.4x III, 2x III | 600-EX-RT x3 | EOS M + EF-M 22mm f/2

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2013, 04:38:40 PM »
+1 I like the 'new' quality (and will probably get the 35 mm this year), but I think the nomenclature is just plain silly, and amateuristic too. Just like a car manufacturer printing 'Off Road" on a 4x4, 'Street' on a passenger car, 'Town' on something small and compact, just so you wouldn't get the wrong model by mistake  ::)

+1, the new nomenclature is not "silly" at all.  It is however an obvious marketing ploy...what matters is the product itself.  But certainly calling something "art" is not earthshattering.  If they had used "turbo", then that would have been silly.  Art can certainly be generated from Sigma lenses.

brad-man

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »

+1, the new nomenclature is not "silly" at all.  It is however an obvious marketing ploy...what matters is the product itself.  But certainly calling something "art" is not earthshattering.  If they had used "turbo", then that would have been silly.  Art can certainly be generated from Sigma lenses.

+1  Call me shallow if you will, but it's by far the best looking lens I own (and I own quite a few). Art is the perfect designation.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »