April 17, 2014, 09:19:55 AM

Author Topic: Canon "Pro" Announcements on September 22, 2011  (Read 38390 times)

justicend

Re: Canon \
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 03:10:37 AM »
It's a "pro" announcement, that means we can hope for some new DSLR annoucement.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 03:10:37 AM »

Heidrun

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 04:03:10 AM »
I wish the DSLR gear did not come out on the market this year. Because i cant afford new gear now. I have to wait until next year. Maybe midsummer. So if i wait 9 months until i buy the new gear. Then i am buying old equipment. And we all know that new equipment takes better pictures than old equipment. And i wanna take the best pictures possible. So i have to wait until the next new equipment comes into the market so i can afford the newest there is

:D :D :D :D

silver_dot

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2011, 06:09:33 AM »
It's a "pro" announcement, that means we can hope for some new DSLR annoucement.

Just bells and whistles one more time.

Heidrun

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2011, 06:46:59 AM »
Maybe a 14-24 mm f.2,8L or better along with the new 1DS mk IV

Dave

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2011, 09:27:56 AM »
I wish the DSLR gear did not come out on the market this year.
An anouncement at the end of september probably results in a release at early January

Because i cant afford new gear now
Me neither, but this is just right. First, early adoptros always pay more. Second: After a couple of months they'll usually have fixed upcoming teething problems.

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2011, 05:03:27 PM »

Because i cant afford new gear now
Me neither, but this is just right. First, early adoptros always pay more. Second: After a couple of months they'll usually have fixed upcoming teething problems.

Not always, I ordered my 5D MK II on the first day when it was announced, and received it in the first batch.  It was perfect, never had a problem, and the new price is still about the same as I paid after using it almost 3 years.  Sure, Canon made some minor fixes, but there was no real benefit for those who waited.

davidpeter

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
Absolutely true. The real benefit were for those who switched to Nikon. The D3s and the f2,8 zooms are beating everything...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »

Dave

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2011, 02:32:02 AM »
, but there was no real benefit for those who waited.
Of course, but there's also no disadvantage if you HAVE to wait due to lack of money. Especially at the xD. It's not like the xxD where Canon drops a new camera on the market every year, where you have to be afraid that the price drops after you've bought it.

dgsphto

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 02:56:46 AM »
Nothing yet...which to me suggests that this won't be DSLRs but just printers amd stuff.

nesarajah

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 05:53:16 AM »
sounds like a EF based announcement. Would be a good thing if there was a nice , cheap 4K video line from canon . well wishing is one thing, getting it is quite the other.

photogaz

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • Photogaz
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 07:52:59 AM »
I don't think this announcement is going to be anything decent now.

Before Canon announced the 5D Mark II there were some teasers flying around from Canon.

terjegudmundsson

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 08:13:08 AM »
I am just planning to buy 5D MKII, - maybe a good idea to wait some days for take a look at the announcement? :)
I guess the price will fall right after..

nesarajah

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 09:21:13 AM »
I am just planning to buy 5D MKII, - maybe a good idea to wait some days for take a look at the announcement? :)
I guess the price will fall right after..
trust me don't but a 5DMk2 . the autofocus is no where near usable for the high ISO things people want to do with it. better buying something new that works .

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 09:21:13 AM »

Tarrum

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »
Lol are you kidding?

The 5D MK III won't probably be announced before the 1Ds MK IV, and there aren't any solid rumors out there on the date, so you could get it. I'm guessing MK III will come next year in ~June.

surfing_geek

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 10:57:26 AM »
i'm not entirely convinced that Nikon are finished with their announcements yet, so could be some surprises to come from Canon in response.  Despite releasing details of their mirrorless cameras, their I AM COMING campaign (http://www.iamcomings.com/) is apparently not due for another couple of hours yet.  I can't see that they'd start the campaign and then not bother with it and announce early without taking the site down.  Unless it's not Nikon at all...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 10:57:26 AM »