Well, I don't need a new entry level FF camera and I don't see it coming. This rumor doesn't make sens at all. FF DSLR system is
If you have video in mind a cheap (and no manufacturer can afford to ignore video) FF cam makes a lot of sense.
If I were canon and wanted to release an "entry level FF cam":
- pricing around the 60D
- plastic body
- a comparably low resolution like 12 MP or so
- low shutter speed
- digital viewfinder
- features on the level of a 600D...
- but optimized for video with some nice feature that no other cam has at the moment
- a new EF mega-zoom Kit lense (18-2xx mm)
Because of the low resolution and an electronic VF (time is not ready yet for a pro EVIL cam) it would neither be in competition to the other pro cams like 5D nor the low-end cams (1100D 600D 60D).
But for video you don't need a hight resolution.
Imo this kind of "hybrid" cams would sell like hot cakes.
Everybody would be happy:
- canon has satisfied the market: "Yes we have an EVIL cam!" (and Canon really NEEDS an EVIL cam)
- the photo freaks are happy since they can keep their optical viewfinder
- the pros are happy since the new XD would compete their FF cams